Feeling like crap on TRT

Reaction score
I’ve been lurking for a little while. Recently started TRT after t-levels registered 163. Im 42 never did injections of anything before except b12, was mainly early 2000’s pro hormone user for sports performance a couple months out of the year.

I’m in my 3rd month and I gotta say I feel like crap, unmotivated, and lethargic. This is the exact opposite of what I was told and what I thought would happen.

Anyone else have this experience? Has it gotten better? If so, what did you do to change?

Prescription

1. 200/weekly t-cyph that has arimdex in the test bottle. (I bumped to 130 2x per week after the first month. No particular reason except I hoped it would help with the lathargy)

2. hcg 2x a week

Things I’ve changed in the last week reading up on the boards, mainly this one.

1. I’m donating blood in a couple weeks to help reduce hema. All the blood banks are slammed with free covid testing right now.

2. stopped arimidex test mix and only doing test cyph and arimidex on hand (pill form) handy in case.

3. no hcg

4. Reducing my injections and the amount to 1x per week 200m

Reaction score
Arimidex affects people in different ways.
Have you considered talking to your physician about taking the arimidex separately so you can tweak the dosage?

Reaction score
Yes, I’m only taking Arimidex in pill form now as an on needed basis.

its only been a little over a week, so I’m just hoping to see an improvement.

thanks

Last edited:
Reaction score
Do you think you could be dealing with some depression maybe? Test won't fix that, but antidepressants help sometimes.

j2048b

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
People respond differently, to trt.

The best i felt is when i pinned like this:

Mon 200 mlg test pin
Wed . 5 arimidex
Friday 250 iu hcg
Sunday 250iu hcg

If i pinned any differently, id feel like crap, but thats just how i felt well on trt....

U may need to lower the arimidex, or even stop using it for a few weeks

Reaction score
Thanks gentlemen I appreciate the input.

I wasn’t depressed before TRT, but definitely been feeling it a little bit lately about 6 weeks in. Could be quarantine, could be the arimidex, not sure.

In a previous thread someone wrote an argument against hcg unless you’re trying to have children, which I am not. So I figured I’d save a few dollars and an extra 2 pins a week and eliminate it.

Megatron28

Elite
Reaction score
You need to run blood work to figure out what's going on. Without that it's hard to give you any advice. It's also going to be hard if you keep changing your protocol for TRT. You E2 could be too high or too low. Your TT might be off. Etc.

Reaction score
Mega-I don’t have the greatest insurance. So those type of blood panels can be pretty costly. I did find one online that’s $200, still expensive. I need a blue collar blood panel pricing .lol

Reaction score
I used to be a social worker, and not enough time was ever spent teaching us about hormone effects on mental health. It wasn't until my testosterone got really low and I felt symptoms like you're describing, that I fully realized how intertwined the two are.

It doesn't make sense though that you would start feeling this way only after getting on hrt. That makes me think something is off balance with your hormones still, and I would rule that out before I went to see a psychiatrist.

I know it's not super cheap, but the only way you can rule out your hormones being the problem is with blood work..

j2048b

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Mega-I don’t have the greatest insurance. So those type of blood panels can be pretty costly. I did find one online that’s $200, still expensive. I need a blue collar blood panel pricing .lol

Private MD AND A FEW OTHERS DO LABS ONLY, go get the female panel done and u should be able to cover all basis for a decent price, F- insurance its a racket

j2048b

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Id like to say i can Gaurantee the arimidex/test mixture is what messed u up, as some dont aromatize test as bad as others, but honestly it could be the hcg, some dont respond well

I responded well, great mood enhancement for me, but some it just doesnt work right,

sfw509

Reaction score
I know the blood work is expensive but it will give you the best snapshot of what is going? As said before it could be the arimidex or the hcg. Might be worth talking g to the doc and maybe asking about trying another ai.

Prior to starting were your vitamin d and a thyroid panel done?

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score

If something is off, and you can correct it, it's worth every penny 10x over.

Know what else is expensive? Buying Arimidex that you might not even need. :32 (17):

Reaction score
I know the blood work is expensive but it will give you the best snapshot of what is going? As said before it could be the arimidex or the hcg. Might be worth talking g to the doc and maybe asking about trying another ai.

Prior to starting were your vitamin d and a thyroid panel done?

Yes, I was put through a pretty extensive screening before I did TRT. Everything was within normal range, except T levels were in the dirt.

BigSwolePump

Elite
Reaction score
200mg/WK of test cyp is too much for TRT.
Secondly, you don't need arimadex while on TRT and on the odd chance that you do, you're likely taking too much testosterone.

Do yourself a favor and go to a urologist that knows what he's doing to get you on the right path.

HollyWoodCole

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Everything seems too high to me for simply feeling good and 'normal'. Sometimes less is more.

Too much test and too much adex. I would personally dial both of them back. Do you even know you need the adex?

Without bloodwork it is ALL a guessing game.