Late night hunger pains

Reaction score
I have a veryyyy good question for you,
I am trying to be in a 1,000 calorie a day deficit. I did great allll day and have hit my 1,000 calorie deficit. Now when I’m trying to knock out and zzz, my body is starving for food. What’s a good go to food or way to get full without compromising on my calories and ruining my entire day? I can’t sleep on an empty stomach. This seems to be what is sabotaging me from achieving my goal.

thank you in advance.

Last edited:
Reaction score
sometimes to lose weight u may have to take the pain at night..Or drink a protien shake

im thinking about taking a casein protein shake before bed. I also just saw a YouTube video where this guy talked about consuming slow digesting carbs, some fats and some protein before bed... essentially moving my meals or calories up in the day so as to avoid waking up and eating at night.

In the past couple of weeks, I’ve woken up in the middle of the night and completely ****ed up everything I’ve done during the day because I was hungry at night. I know hunger is a part of the game... but what are some hacks that youve followed? I believe those noodles are a great idea.

Yaya

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I have a buddy who is well informed with nutrition and he just did a 3 day fast with ZERO food...only water...

I call him stupid but he looks much better than a lot of people I know and always does freak shit

He did a journal of it which I wont repeat because big paragraphs are usually gay but he said never again and it was was stupid... he actually got bloated as soon as he ate again..luckily for him he's a white guy who has Nigerian genetics. He said he actually hallucinated.

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
Try reorganizing your meals, so you have Cals available for a quick snack before bed.

Throughout the day, eat lots of veggies. They'll fill you up, not much Cals at all, lots of nutrients. If the body is lacking nutrients, it can signal hunger in an attempt for you to eat those nutrients you're lacking. Not saying that is what's happening, but it does happen.

Eat lower calorie/higher volume food in general. More food mass per calorie will fill you up more. Basic info here, I know, but often overlooked. Avoid calorie bombs. Don't eat french fries, eat a baked potatoe, even if the same Cals.

If all else fails, just cut the deficit to 500 Cals per day. You'd still be making progress, and if it helps avoid sabotaging your diet due to insatiable hunger, it's a good idea.

German89

Elite
Reaction score
Big glass of water!! Maybe 2

Then you're interrupting your sleep cause you gotta piss 3x in the middle of the night.

I cut fluids off at 6pm.

And my last meal is around 330/4. Sometimes 230pm. OP your body will adjust. Just stay occupied or go right to bed.

Mind over matter like Bundy said.

Trump

Unstoppable Force
Reaction score
Intermittent fast, don’t eat till 12 lunch time then have your last meal before bed.

MrRippedZilla

Retired
Reaction score
If all else fails, just cut the deficit to 500 Cals per day. You'd still be making progress, and if it helps avoid sabotaging your diet due to insatiable hunger, it's a good idea.
If Bundys idea doesn't work (he's right, mind over matter, but most folks don't have the discipline for it) then I'd go with this as an alternative. Slow progress is better than no progress at all.

j2048b

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
The same as above reorganize ur meals to really stretch them out making sure u can get that last little bit before bed

Or

Change ur diet, eat like a bird thru the day major meal at night (intermittent fasting)

or

even cut them into different meals so u can eat that last meal before bed, u dont have to have 6 meals a day, make a few casein shakes that last a while and get the bulk of ur food in 3 meals

And

Focus on ur gut and get it right....clean ur gut, taking pro and pre biotics

Turn the tv off at bed,change ur sleep habits

The last meal could be just cottage cheese and fruit iifym

German89

Elite
Reaction score
Sometimes I'll just chew gum. Just having my mouth occupied with chewing (fuk off trump) it helps.

ETA: Appetite suppressants help me as well, ephedrine, yohimbine, sibutramine, phent, things along those lines help me as well...

Last edited:
Reaction score
Sometimes I'll just chew gum. Just having my mouth occupied with chewing (fuk off trump) it helps.

ETA: Appetite suppressants help me as well, ephedrine, yohimbine, sibutramine, phent, things along those lines help me as well...

LOL

man I used to live off fat burners, they would crush my appetite to the point I’d forget to eat but now if I take them I get aggressive and I’m not fun to be around....
anyway for me to get around that?

German89

Elite
Reaction score
LOL

man I used to live off fat burners, they would crush my appetite to the point I’d forget to eat but now if I take them I get aggressive and I’m not fun to be around....
anyway for me to get around that?
yohimbine, sib, and phent aren't OTC meds so.. Maybe try getting your hands on those.

Otherwise. Gum? I don't know.