I guess I done pulled too much weight...

Boogieman

Elite
Reaction score
Yup, I think I officially fookered up my right arm...so stupid, I was doing deadlifts about a week ago. After my workout the tendon that attaches the bicep to the forearm felt like I pulled it a bit, or strained it.

Now let's fast forward to today, doing upper body, chest and loaded up 185 on the bar flat bench and that right arm not feeling so great. I pushed through and finished my workout but modified lower weight higher reps and that seemed to be OK.

Not sure what to do let it ride and see if it gets better or get an expert opinion. It's a nagging pain nothing unbearable but fukkkk I'm a lil bummed out...

Reaction score
Man, I had a bicep strain like this that took a few months to heal. I just stayed off of low rep heavy weight.

Then when it hadn't bothered me at all for about a week, I got stupid and went heavy again and re-injured.

It's healed now and I haven't had any pain for the past few months.

I supplemented with some glucosamine/co droitin, hgh, and it healed pretty fast after I had re-injured. Not sure if or how much that stuff helped.

brock8282

Elite
Reaction score
I deal with something similar. Mine flare up from time to time. A wider grip on presses seems to help. When it’s bad I also will just do cluster sets the entire workout to ensure a solid workout with lower weights. If you are not familiar with them, look up dr Scott Stevenson and “muscle rounds” that’s the way I do them. Basically pick a weight around 15 rep max. 6 rounds of 4 reps. Rest 10-15 seconds between rounds, Scott Stevenson has some videos with John meadows doing them if you need a reference video.

Boogieman

Elite
Reaction score
Brock I will look up cluster sets! Thanks for all the input guys! I will rest and ice and rest some more and see if I can bring er back to life!

I want to give a little more detail here as I was doing my workout today I tested a few different workouts. The reverse curl gave me the most pain. I did overhead db press with 35# dumbbells and that was probably the next closest pain in the same area lower bicep muscle closest to the crook of my arm. It feels as of its the muscle but the pain feels like it radiates up a bit into the muscle if that makes any sense.

I definitely do not want to hurt it any more than I already have. I will update this thread if it gets better, stays the same or gets worse.

Thanks dudes!

Sicwun88

Reaction score
Best bet see a doctor,
Have it checked?
To prevent further problems!!!

dk8594

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
90% of bicep pain is caused by a dysfunction in the shoulder. Seen it a lot on those with hunched shoulders.... particularly by those who sit in front of a pc most of the day. Reduce inflammation , then figure out where your imbalance is. Stretch over used muscle, strengthen underused ones.

want to try something humbling? Try the wall exercises in this video ( after the inflammation passes). You are going to find out how week and tight you are.

Last edited:

New Threads