De criminalizing Controlled substances

Robdjents

Ski bum
Reaction score
I agree with a lot of what you said but disagree in a way, from my first hand experience at working in a city that has a very large meth problem. These meth addicts can’t hold down a job which leads to property crimes such as theft and burglaries etc
but I agree how making them legal could cut down on the gang violence sure. But gangs would just find another illegal activity to get involved with perhaps.at the end of the day there is always gonna be crime for man is not without sin

crimes and sins aren't really in the same ballbark....but I get what you're saying

Robdjents

Ski bum
Reaction score
unfortunately most of the justice system is all about the money

Oh you aren't wrong.. so I got busted for 10 grams or less of Marijuana back in january..not only did my accuser not show and when I pointed that out the judge said it didn't matter...uh in this country it absolutely matters...but anyway I plead guilty and asked for community service since the deadbeat hippies before me got it...uhhh no so you have a job so 150 dollar fine plus costs totalling about 350 bucks....had I had pink hair and ratty pants I could have gotten out of a fine too but instead I was profiled as someone who could pay...gotta love the justice system in the US

Last edited:

Texan69

Elite
Reaction score
Oh you aren't wrong.. so I got busted for 10 grams or less of Marijuana back in january..not only did my accuser not show and when I pointed that out the judge said it didn't matter...uh in this country it absolutely matters...but anyway I plead guilty and asked for community service since the deadbeat hippies before me got it...uhhh no so you have a job so 150 dollar fine plus costs totalling about 350 bucks....had I had pink hair and ratty pants I could have gotten out of a fine too but instead I was profiled as someone who could pay...gotta love the justice system in the US

accuser?...I’m assuming the police officer, I mean if you had it you had it lol!!!
but either way this thread wasn’t so much about marijuana. Obviously it should be legal!
in this country a case can still go forward without the officer showing. Up to the judge, usually they’ll have to give a reason for the absence (family emergency, sick, pre planned vacation, mandatory training) in that case most judges will set a new date, some will dismiss and some will go forward with the case. There is not set rule that says an officer has to be present for the court date for the case to go on.

Last edited:

Robdjents

Ski bum
Reaction score
accuser?...I’m assuming the police officer, I mean if you had it you had it lol!!!
but either way this thread wasn’t so much about marijuana. Obviously it should be legal!
in this country a case can still go forward without the officer showing. Up to the judge, usually they’ll have to give a reason for the absence (family emergency, sick, pre planned vacation, mandatory training) in that case most judges will set a new date, some will dismiss and some will go forward with the case. There is not set rule that says an officer has to be present for the court date for the case to go on.

Thats just not true at all...the 6th amendment states that its my right...the judge assumed I didn't know this I guess...i also didn't make a fuss cuz lime you said if I had it I had it...i was just making a point that at any level the system can be corrupt.

Texan69

Elite
Reaction score
Thats just not true at all...the 6th amendment states that its my right...the judge assumed I didn't know this I guess...i also didn't make a fuss cuz lime you said if I had it I had it...i was just making a point that at any level the system can be corrupt.

if your taking it to trial then yes 6th amendment applies but if you plead out in a pre trial setting then not necessarily, and that’s what I was referring to since most cases are disposed off prior to a trial. If I read it wrong (I thought you plead out prior to trial) then I am wrong for sure. You absolutely have the right to see all evidence and confront all witnesses in a trial

Robdjents

Ski bum
Reaction score
if your taking it to trial then yes 6th amendment applies but if you plead out in a pre trial setting then not necessarily, and that’s what I was referring to since most cases are disposed off prior to a trial. If I read it wrong (I thought you plead out prior to trial) then I am wrong for sure. You absolutely have the right to see all evidence and confront all witnesses in a trial

I asked about it before I plead and was basically told to shut up then went ahead and plead guilty cuz I didn't wanna mess with it so ultimately I could have fought it but I wasn't feeling it and I was also guilty as can be lol

Texan69

Elite
Reaction score
I asked about it before I plead and was basically told to shut up then went ahead and plead guilty cuz I didn't wanna mess with it so ultimately I could have fought it but I wasn't feeling it and I was also guilty as can be lol

well that’s shitty, that’s not right of them to do that to you. Guilty or not you got rights.
Where I live it’s a large liberal county where the defendant has more say than the cop and is believed to be more credible than the cop lol so it’s kinda backwards from most good ole boy counties in Texas.
Marijuana is essentially legal in my county unless it’s more than 5 pounds.

New Threads