First Mr. O

dk8594

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Thanks for posting. Interesting read. Reminds me that I have been meaning to see the movie that came out about the weiders a couple years ago.

rawdeal

Elite
Reaction score
Back in the dawn of Powerlifting, there was a young guy named Terry Todd who enjoyed some fleeting success as a SuperHwt, sponsored by the Bob Hoffman/York BBC described in that article as an early business rival of the Weiders' IFBB. Todd went on to make a career in "strength;" he got a PhD from the University of Texas in some fancier sounding discipline that more or less meant "Strength," and he and his wife enjoyed careers at UT as (my wording) Professors of Strength. Besides teaching, they also created a program and a museum at UT that celebrated all things strength. He moonlighted writing for the magazines of the day and became the go-to-guy for various tv networks who did occasional coverage of OL, PL, and WSM. He was a consultant for Arnold in some of the events A staged as part of "The Arnold."

I mention all this cause if you look at the author of the article in the link, he appears to be a young guy following in Todd's footsteps at the very same "Strength" place Todd invented ... the torch has been passed.

Last edited: