"One day, I want to get to your level."

Cashout

Reaction score
That is one of the most common statements that I hear from folks in and around the various gyms that I visit.

To me, that is the biggest compliment anyone can offer to me.

So I though it would be worthwhile to show you the "level" to which I have always aspired.

From the earliest days of my bodybuilding career, I looked to others as motivation and a source of tangible vision of what I myself sought to become.

In 1990, I identified the individual that has henceforth served as my single definition of the "perfect physique."

This is what I have always aspired to become.

Obviously, this man has genetics that are so far beyond anything that I poses that it is an impossible dream for me to ever come close to approximating his physical development. Nevertheless, I've allowed it to serve as my guide.

I give you, Francis Benfatto...

Lulu66

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Bro, you ain't too far from your goal.

Reaction score
His name is been fatto. He looks anything but that. Your traps look better IMO than his pointy, triangulated, attaching really high up traps. Sorry, but the rest of that guy is straight ridiculous. Amazing inspiration.

Cashout

Reaction score
Bro, you ain't too far from your goal.

Thanks for the props but I'm not close to that level and I am okay with knowing I never will be. His genetics are just perfect for bodybuilding...

Broad clavicles,
Narrow waist,
Tiny joints,
Short tendon insertions,
Round, full muscle bellies,
Thin skin,

All those things are what separates a "pro" from an otherwise "good" bodybuilder.

Anyone can be a "good" bodybuilder with dedication, commitment, work ethic and some time.

To be a "pro" you need genetics of the highest order.

What always impressed me is his shape and what it presents when all those genetics are aligned in the right proportions.

DF

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I'm no Homo, but I always liked the look of Bob Paris. Also Frank Zane. Oh yea & for Freaks Tom Platz (Quads).

Cashout you look fantastic. If you wanted to get to his level using gear I'm sure you could.

AndroSport

Traptheend
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Broad clavicles,
Narrow waist,
Tiny joints,
Short tendon insertions,
Round, full muscle bellies,
Thin skin,

You forgot to add the intense mullet to the list ;)

I used to rock one of those back in the day.

Cashout

Reaction score
I'm no Homo, but I always liked the look of Bob Paris. Also Frank Zane. Oh yea & for Freaks Tom Platz (Quads).

Cashout you look fantastic. If you wanted to get to his level using gear I'm sure you could.

Yup - I always liked Paris' shape as well. He has the same classic lines as Benfatto only on a larger frame. You just don't see lines like that very often especially since the inception of the mass era. Kevin Levrone really had the same type of classic lines in proportion with the modern requirements for mass. I think Phil Heath is one of the only competitors today that still has the genetics to present the look of a classic physique @ 250+ pounds of mass.

Thanks again for the props. Trust me, when I was competing and at my very best with plenty of gear, I still couldn't come anywhere close to presenting a package like any of the guys with those classic 80s/90s pro physique but it was not for a lack of trying.

Cashout

Reaction score
You forgot to add the intense mullet to the list ;)

I used to rock one of those back in the day.

Hey! The mullet was where it was at in the 80s.

Up until just a year ago, I was sporting the full on "Axl Rose."

LeanHerm

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Ya man you look great not

Reaction score
I think a lot of us will like to look like you man (no homo)

grizzldsealpoacher

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Yeah bro he is jacked you picked a good idle, You got an amazing body that comes from even more amazing discipline. I don't know his story but knowing some of your story I would rather look up to you bro . were/r you a pro? do you get paid for fitness modeling if not y not? you look better then most of the ads in the rags I read

Cashout

Reaction score
Thanks again for the props.

No, as I mentioned, I don't have the genetics it takes to get to the "pro" level in bodybuilding.

The best I did was 2nd and 3rd in my weight class at a couple of national shows and I won my weight class at a state show.

I had to make the decision if I was going to keep competing our focus on my education. I choose the education and it was without any doubt the right choice.

beasto

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I know Cashout's diet is very on point, a long with some motivation and dedication. Look good tho bro!

BigFella

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
OMG. Cash, I agree. I've never seen anyone nearly as good as this. How tall is he - I'm guessing around 5'6"? And I also agree with your choice of education above this. I think had i been you I would have been gutted to see him. How could you even get into the same class?

(That said, I agree with the other guys - you're pretty damn good!)

Thanks for the very best photos of a bodybuilder that I have ever seen. And I have always loved Arnie!

Hurt

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Benfatto is impressive in those photos, but what's even more impressive is him in recent years (in his mid/late 50s I believe):

franci11.jpg

LeanHerm

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Ya hurt that impressive bro. You'll be there dude. With your dedication, and genes.

Hurt

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I dont have that kind of waist to shoulder ratio, unfortunately :(

DF

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Benfatto is impressive in those photos, but what's even more impressive is him in recent years (in his mid/late 50s I believe):

franci11.jpg

Wow! That is unbelievable

Cashout

Reaction score
Okay, just for fun I'll show you the difference between 'decent genetics', which is what I have and 'great genetics' which is what Benfatto has.

Taken today during training...

most_muscular_7_9_12.jpg

JOMO

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Okay, just for fun I'll show you the difference between 'decent genetics', which is what I have and 'great genetics' which is what Benfatto has.

Taken today during training...

most_muscular_7_9_12.jpg

Cashout.....you look insane! Like you have blocks of wood for calves. Maybe I dont have the eye, but you look very similar. If thats "decent Genetics" then I have some major work to put in to see mine. Either way, GREAT JOB!!

New Threads