Change shortage?

Sicwun88

Reaction score
Went to the store the other day,
Paid for my stuff & the cashier said.... Do you mind if I don't give you your 21 cents change???
I was thinking what's 21cents?
Then thought how many times have had to go out to the car for 5-10 cents,? Because it was owed & the store isn't taking any shorts!
So I said absolutely not!
I want my change, feeling like a jerkoff for saying so,
But it's not an issue when it's the other way around!
There's far more bullshit going on and coming our way,the start of clovid 19, was just the icebreaker!!
In the process of putting an end to all currency, can't wait to see what comes to the surface next???
Change shortage? Just as much bullshit as wearing the mask!!!!

Last edited:

Beserker

Viking King
Reaction score
I have a couple hundred in change in jars... I would imagine many folks do. A lot of currency is hoarded... but my instincts tell me this is part of a push to a cashless society. That’s the day we truly have lost all resemblance of a free society.

BRICKS

Veteran
Reaction score
FWIW

The change shortage is apparently due to a couple covid related causes. One is minting of coins hs decreased and the other is an interruption of the normal circulatory pattern of cash, as in person transactions have decreased and online payments have increased. The Federal Reserve said they are working on correcting this on several fronts. Again, FWIW.

Reaction score
change-cartoon.jpg

Texan69

Elite
Reaction score
I heard Kroger just automatically rounds your cash total up if you don’t pay with exact change so $1.70 gets charged at $2.00
trash! I got a jar of pennies I’ll hold on to them for a bit hehe

Reaction score
I wonder if you go to the bank if they have rolls of change?? I bet there's no shortage there. You could walk around with one of those classic change dispensers that they do or used to use at Sonic (car hop). Def moving towards a cashless society especially with the likes of ol Billy Gates just conveniently has a new crypto he wants to bring out along with his BS vaccines. Don't want the vaccines?? Well I guess you don't wanna get paid either! Etc etc....
Power and control.

The Phoenix

Elite
Reaction score
The paper you hold is a worthless as the plastic in your wallet since moving away from the gold standard. The US has been wanting to go with a Central Bank since it’s founding day. Old Hickory put a stop to it for a generation and wouldn’t resume again until the reason for the Civil War. Lincoln betrayed Jackson and emancipated the American slavery but laid the ground work for would show up in 1913 & again in 1933 by creating the Federal Reserve (a private bank) that would come to enslave all: DEBT.

Lizard King

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Ocean State Job Lot is giving you $40 per $100 gift card purchased in change. I have well over $4K in change in a 5 gallon bucket for no reason other than I am too lazy to roll it. If I actually needed anything from there I could bring in $1K in rolled quarters and walk out with $1,400 in gift cards.

Iron1

Veteran
Reaction score
Soon it'll be worthless.

It already is. The only thing saying otherwise is the gov't telling you it isn't and we know how trustworthy they are.
That's the issue with Fiat Currency, no intrinsic value. It's the same a monopoly money.

German currency was so worthless by the time WWI was over, it was cheaper to use as a plaything than to use it to purchase playthings.

Children+playing+with+stacks+of+hyperinflated+currency+during+the+Weimar+Republic,+1922.jpg

s3xzl6279k0y.jpg

URL]

History.. something something... learning.. something.. repeat it.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I use card for mostly everything but what if they are trying to subliminally move us to electronic transfers of cash instead of paper. Gotta let the conspiracy theories roll.

Iron1

Veteran
Reaction score
I use card for mostly everything but what if they are trying to subliminally move us to electronic transfers of cash instead of paper. Gotta let the conspiracy theories roll.

I'd argue it's not a conspiracy at all.

Tangible money is incredibly expensive to print/mint and circulate. Every penny and nickle minted costs about 70% more to make than it's face value or it's sum as scrap. Mining materials, minting/printing, moving and recycling paper money comes with a huge cost. Nearly a billion dollars a year goes into the mfg of tangible money https://www.federalreserve.gov/faqs/currency_12771.htm not counting all the private sector employees like Binks Security, bank tellers paid to manage it.

Tax money being funneled into running minting machines that operate at heavy losses seems like something people would disagree with.

Last edited:

The Phoenix

Elite
Reaction score

Yes and now everything can be logged and recorded on the blockchain ledger. What I use digital currency for is as a hedge; similar to how you would hedge against a volatile market with gold and silver (I applied this in 2008-2009 housing market collapse). With crypto, you can support those things that will soon eventually become illegal to sponsor, say a certain political, religious or anyone they may deem a hindrance. Use their tools against them or what they would rather not have you spend on. Btw- eventually the vegans will want everyone to be a soy boy & girl so they outlaw gear. What better means to use decentralized crypto (decentralized is the key). Now is the time to buy ether which is decentralized.

Last edited:

New Threads