Business Check In

DEADlifter

Elite
Reaction score
As business in my industry, packaging, is starting to pick back up I was curious as to how everyone is making out. Are things rebounding in your industries? Hopefully none of you have been hit too hard financially. God bless us all. We need it.

Bobbyloads

Elite
Reaction score
As business in my industry, packaging, is starting to pick back up I was curious as to how everyone is making out. Are things rebounding in your industries? Hopefully none of you have been hit too hard financially. God bless us all. We need it.

Was eating dicks 2 weeks after lockdown hit to until about 2 months ago now it has evened out even been pretty busy. Was killing it right before covid though.

Transportation/logistics

DEADlifter

Elite
Reaction score
U a lot lizard?

post2b62bimage.jpg

Iron1

Veteran
Reaction score
I'm tied to the housing market. With interest rates as low as they are, people with money are building.
We have more orders coming in than we can handle but our talent pool is shallow which is leading to a quality issues.

DEADlifter

Elite
Reaction score
I'm tied to the housing market. With interest rates as low as they are, people with money are building.
We have more orders coming in than we can handle but our talent pool is shallow which is leading to a quality issues.

I have had trouble finding help due, I believe, to the amped up unemployment. Is that your issue as well?

Reaction score
I have an ecommerce store, and we sell disinfectants, commercial cleaning supplies. Needless to say, we have been killing it. I bought $18k worth of Lysol last Friday and expect it to be gone by the end of the week.

Somehow I've been able to source this stuff and keep a steady supply when all of the big ecommerce stores are out.

I've only made money like this one other time in my life. Very grateful to be in this industry right now.

Iron1

Veteran
Reaction score
I have had trouble finding help due, I believe, to the amped up unemployment. Is that your issue as well?

We don't have any problem finding bodies but that's all we're getting, bodies. When the worst of it happened, management took the opportunity to "trim the fat" so to speak. That involved getting rid of many of the higher paid experienced machine operators and hiring on people with zero experience. Our employee count dropped in half and now we have people being fast tracked through to machine operator level without the experience necessary to produce quality material.

DEADlifter

Elite
Reaction score
Yea, Iron1. That blows man. Do you mean like heavy machinery for grading? A shit grade throws everything off in construction.

Iron1

Veteran
Reaction score
Yea, Iron1. That blows man. Do you mean like heavy machinery for grading? A shit grade throws everything off in construction.

Not quite. I'm a supplier of products used in the flooring and laminate industry. The machines we operate require the ability to see, adjust and control color while preventing visual defects. Churning out defects at 400 meters/minute is very expensive.

As a friend of mine says, I'm in the "business of burning money" by any normal manufacturing standards.

Last edited:

New Threads