Chest workout help

Elivo

Elite
Reaction score
So the new gym i joined this week is very powerlifting focused. I’m good with that.

But with the lack of some of the machines I’m used to I was looking for some advice on other chest movements to add in for more volume.

there is one cable machine, that’s it, the rest is bars and plates.

Seeker

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I would think they have benches, straight bar s and dumbells? Incline bench? Dip bar?

Elivo

Elite
Reaction score
I would think they have benches, straight bar s and dumbells? Incline bench? Dip bar?

well yeah they have that, I THINK they have a dip bar that attaches to the rack but if not I can just use a bench

brock8282

Elite
Reaction score
Seated Cable fly
dumbell bench press
incline barbell press
dumbell fly press
there is 4 movements, enough for 2 different chest days. Can add weighted dips if body can handle.

Elivo

Elite
Reaction score
Seated Cable fly
dumbell bench press
incline barbell press
dumbell fly press
there is 4 movements, enough for 2 different chest days. Can add weighted dips if body can handle.

Unless I did one arm at a time cable fly is out.

Trump

Unstoppable Force
Reaction score
why not 1 at a time you can get a great contraction and only have to concentrate on contracting 1 pec

Unless I did one arm at a time cable fly is out.

Elivo

Elite
Reaction score
why not 1 at a time you can get a great contraction and only have to concentrate on contracting 1 pec

It only has a high setting and a floor level setting.
Guess it would work for incline or decline type cable flys.

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
Good. If you're used to machines, hitting the free weights will be a new stimulus for you. New movement patterns, new force curves, new muscle activation patterns, etc...

Elivo

Elite
Reaction score
Good. If you're used to machines, hitting the free weights will be a new stimulus for you. New movement patterns, new force curves, new muscle activation patterns, etc...

most of my work was free weights in the past, machines were more for adding volume or isolation work. But mostly I use the bigger compound movements for my workouts

Reactions: CJ

New Threads