Nerdy hobby

ComeBacKid85

Reaction score
I’m with manny. Reading and collecting books. Mostly diy stuff. Tons of history, and religion books. Learning enough to be functional in almost everything but master of nothing. Can’t have it both ways I guess. I’m still young so plenty more to learn. It’s not nerdy but favorites are Holy Bible, Building, Growing, and dogs that will protect you with their life. More bodybuilding and strongman than dogs this last year haha.

Reaction score
Reading, writing, research, and getting degrees. Something so satisfying about getting another degree. Will probably continue to do it the rest of my life.

I agree man, I'm taking a break from school though at least until my kids are out the house or I retire. I love school, learning, college chicks. sexy milf teachers. Wifey knows if she dies I'm re-enrolling to find her replacement. Might get another degree in the process.

Milo

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Reading, writing, research, and getting degrees. Something so satisfying about getting another degree. Will probably continue to do it the rest of my life.

I am like that as well. However I won’t give the universities a single more dime. They are crooked pieces of shit. Getting my learning at my desk now.

white ape

Elite
Reaction score
I am like that as well. However I won’t give the universities a single more dime. They are crooked pieces of shit. Getting my learning at my desk now.

yeah that’s how I did it for years. Using up my GI bill now though. Still probably will end up with a few more degrees before I kick the bucket just for shits and giggles. The extreme left brainwashing is all that bothers me about “higher education”

Milo

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
yeah that’s how I did it for years. Using up my GI bill now though. Still probably will end up with a few more degrees before I kick the bucket just for shits and giggles. The extreme left brainwashing is all that bothers me about “higher education”
Also using my gi bill. Using it at a trade school now though. Just hated the whole structure of university. ****ers always ripping students off so they can build new shit to flex in other universities. And charging full tuition for this online COVID classes bullshit is infuriating. Got an email from my old uni saying tuition is staying the same and I know it’s because they have to pay for all their fancy new buildings. They’re even being sued because they were charging students differential tuition to “pay for” a new building that was DONATED!

white ape

Elite
Reaction score
Also using my gi bill. Using it at a trade school now though. Just hated the whole structure of university. ****ers always ripping students off so they can build new shit to flex in other universities. And charging full tuition for this online COVID classes bullshit is infuriating. Got an email from my old uni saying tuition is staying the same and I know it’s because they have to pay for all their fancy new buildings. They’re even being sued because they were charging students differential tuition to “pay for” a new building that was DONATED!

guess I just don’t get worked up by that stuff. It is what it is. Even public colleges are a business. I’m going to a private one that I could never afford if not for GIBill and yellow ribbon.

what gets me is the fact that taxes are used to build new stadiums for professional sports teams. Could bitch about that for a good 20 minutes

graybass

Retired OLM Moderator
Reaction score
My nerdy hobby is all the science's. I love love theoretical physics. I belong to the MIT chat room lol. Been studying Cosmology and astronomy my entire life. Love Big Bang Theory and Black Hole study's. Also study ancient religions. Be surprised how much the ancients knew about Unified Field Theory.
I said it I'm a geek at heart with muscles!! LOL

Reaction score
My nerdy hobby is all the science's. I love love theoretical physics. I belong to the MIT chat room lol. Been studying Cosmology and astronomy my entire life. Love Big Bang Theory and Black Hole study's. Also study ancient religions. Be surprised how much the ancients knew about Unified Field Theory.
I said it I'm a geek at heart with muscles!! LOL

That's very impressive honestly I am fascinated by all that stuff, but have trouble wrapping my mind around it.

Elivo

Elite
Reaction score
Computer online games. Usually just one game at a time though, big fan of the mmorpg variety such as wow and Everquest(my current choice)

TODAY

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I spend an inordinate amount of my free time reading, playing chess, and baking.

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
I get bored and write training programs. It's retarded how many I've written out!!! :32 (18):

Here's a basic one I just wrote...

PPL split, focus on Chest, Back, Legs. Arms/Calf on maintenance volume.

LEGS:
-Leg Curl, 3x6-8, (build up weight over 3 sets, last set r10)
-Leg Ext, 3x10-12, (build up weight over 3 sets, last set r10)
-Squats, 3x5,6,7,DL(same weight for each set. 5's first week, then 6's the next week, same weight. 7's the 3rd week. Deload week the 4th. Increase weight the next block.)
-Leg Press/Hack Squat, 3x10-15 (r8, r8, r10+Rest Pause)
-Calfs, 3xMax+(Rest Pause last set)

PUSH:
-Incline Bench, 3x5,6,7,DL (same weight for each set. 5's first week, then 6's the next week, same weight. 7's the 3rd week. Deload week the 4th. Increase weight the next block.)
-Flat DB Bench, 3x6-10 (r8, r8, r10)
-Inc DB Bench, 3x8-12 (r8, r8, r10+Rest Pause)
-DB Lateral, 3x10-15 (r10, r10, r10+Rest Pause)
-Triceps, 3x10-15 (r10, r10, r10+Rest Pause)

PULL:
-Barbell Rows, 3x5,6,7,DL (same weight for each set. 5's first week, then 6's the next week, same weight. 7's the 3rd week. Deload week the 4th. Increase weight the next block.)
-Rack Pulls, 3x6-10 (all r8)
-Lat Pulldowns, 3x8-12 (r8, r8, r10)
-Ring/Inverted Rows, 3x r8, r8, r10+Rest Pause
-DB Rear Flyes, 3x10-15 (r10, r10, r10+Rest Pause)
-Biceps, 3x10-15 (r10, r10, r10+Rest Pause)

New Threads