Dosages and different response / results

Reaction score
Looking for views and opinions on dosages and response to dosages .
For instance having trained for years and seen done many steroid cycles and doses. I honestly believe my self that different people respond totally different to different dosages . For example I’ve seen guys who can grow like a weed on 400mg test and seen other guys who need over 1000mg to get the same sort of growth and I’ve seen this in guys who are seasoned guys taking the same labs test training hard and methodical with there food .
What’s your opinions on this have you experienced this ? Where do you guys think the sweet spot is ?

The Phoenix

Elite
Reaction score
I think eating healthy more often than not is the key , UB. I am not a big eater so it’s how I use the stegs to get myself to morph to the size I want.

andy

Elite
Reaction score
CNS - meaning, how much stress u dealing daily - how's your job, your personal life. lack of sleep can play big role in stress management.
and then, receptors, how "****ed up" they are from the dirt food people eat.

just a wild guess, but it would make hell of a sense.

Reaction score
I hear you Andy but ..... I have seen guys who have everything spot on diet , rest and training and I’ve seen guys who grow massive on relatively low doses and then guys who need larger doses to achieve near the same results . What I’m saying is do you believe there’s guys that respond better to the gear and guys who need higher doses because of the way they respond.

andy

Elite
Reaction score
I hear you Andy but ..... I have seen guys who have everything spot on diet , rest and training and I’ve seen guys who grow massive on relatively low doses and then guys who need larger doses to achieve near the same results . What I’m saying is do you believe there’s guys that respond better to the gear and guys who need higher doses because of the way they respond.

quality of the gear will effect that Im sure. maybe genetics play a role too.

brock8282

Elite
Reaction score
You can be as spot on as possible with your training and rest and diet but if your diet doesn’t have you eating enough you won’t grow. A lot of people are afraid to eat as much as they need to in fear of getting fat. When someone complains they aren’t gaining size on 4000 calories a day, the solution is clear, they need more then 4,000 calories a day to grow. Certainly there is genetic variance to response to drugs and how easily one can gain mass but I don’t think anyone needs really high doses in order to grow an impressive amount of muscle

i also think most people use way to much volume in the gym and that holds a lot of people back from growing.

Last edited:

Rhino99

Elite
Reaction score
All good answers aboveand i'll just add that everyone metabolizes differently...I know I do and its taken several cycles to learn how I respond to different compounds and different dosages.
There's no blueprint, it's a learning process.

dragon1952

Elite
Reaction score
Here are a couple articles that talk about the content of androgen receptors and their role in muscle hypertrophy.

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/...h-testosterone-actually-affects-muscle-growth
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6189473/

A couple excerpts if you don't feel like reading.

"Consistent with previous work, we propose instead that the magnitude of RET-induced skeletal muscle hypertrophy is modulated in part by intramuscular androgen receptor content (Figure Figure44) and likely other intramuscular variables."

"We hypothesize that though androgen delivery may be a rate-limiting step for RET-induced muscle hypertrophy in hypogonadal men (Bhasin et al., 1997; Kvorning et al., 2013), androgen receptor content is the more important variable in RET-induced androgen-mediated skeletal muscle protein accretion in healthy men (Diver et al., 2003)."

dragon1952

Elite
Reaction score
....bottom line from the above is that it appears that some of us have greater androgen receptor content than others which might explain why some build muscle faster and/or respond to steroids more/better, all other things ~ equal?

brock8282

Elite
Reaction score
you can also see the genetic variance in response to hormones pretty simply by bloodwork. I know one guy who uses 75mg of pharma test a week and scores a 1000 test level where as other guys need 200mg and anywhere in between a week. With ALL other factors equal the guy who gets higher test levels on the same amounts of the hormone should yield better results. This has to do something with rate of metabolization of the hormone. I certainly dont remember all of the science behind it but for anyone interested Dr Dean St Mart spoke about this on Fouad Abiad's Real Bodybuilding Podcast when he was a guest, Fouad asked him if hyper responders were real.

John Ziegler

Elite
Reaction score
the thing is the guys that are growing like a weed off of 400mgs are the ones that make the most out of the amount they are using

the guys that you say "need" 1000mg to get the same kinda results

are guys that are using 1000mgs but only putting 400mgs worth of effort into it

John Ziegler

Elite
Reaction score
not just in the gym effort but all things that apply to a steroid cycle type of effort

Reaction score
the thing is the guys that are growing like a weed off of 400mgs are the ones that make the most out of the amount they are using

the guys that you say "need" 1000mg to get the same kinda results

are guys that are using 1000mgs but only putting 400mgs worth of effort into it
You would think so wouldn’t you but honestly I’ve seen this with some seriously dedicated guys, guys that are dedicated to the life style with everything on point.

John Ziegler

Elite
Reaction score
You would think so wouldn’t you but honestly I’ve seen this with some seriously dedicated guys, guys that are dedicated to the life style with everything on point.

Another thing to consider is are they both using the same steroid supplier.

New Threads