Do you remember where you were and what you were doing 9/11/2001?

Skullcrusher

Elite
Reaction score
I was drinking my ass off at a bar in Hegewisch, IL. Coming out of the bar someone told me that the twin towers were just attacked, So I went back in the bar and watched the infamous first clip. When I got home I saw the clip of the second one.

It was proof of who Americans really are. Political party and skin color did not matter. Everybody worked together to get through an insanely difficult situation. Same thing happens now days every time there is a severe natural disaster. Americans work together regardless of their differences. That is the real America which I am proud of and love with all my heart.

Bobbyloads

Elite
Reaction score
I was drinking my ass off at a bar in Hegewisch, IL. Coming out of the bar someone told me that the twin towers were just attacked, So I went back in the bar and watched the infamous first clip. When I got home I saw the clip of the second one.

It was proof of who Americans really are. Political party and skin color did not matter. Everybody worked together to get through an insanely difficult situation. Same thing happens now days every time there is a severe natural disaster. Americans work together regardless of their differences. That is the real America which I am proud of and love with all my heart.

Border of Indiana right there?

Tinbeater36

Reaction score
I was working construction framing a house. The boss' wife called and told him what happened. We left and went to the bar to watch the news and drink. Work was done for the day. My wife (not at the time but now) was living in NYC. She heard the news and saw the 2nd plane hit. They took people in the lobby of their apartment building who were walking across the bridge and were helping them wash off the dust. She to this day won't watch anything on TV about it and really doesn't care to talk about it. Always a rough day for her.

Robdjents

Ski bum
Reaction score
Junior in high school I was in trig class when the teacher brought the TV in

BrotherIron

Reaction score
I was in college... in a sex & society class with my **** buddy at the time. Great class. 150 women and me. Couldn't believe we witnessed it while in class. They streamed it for all of us to watch.

Beserker

Viking King
Reaction score
I was taking a few bong hits on the couch before work... turned on the television and couldn’t believe what I saw. I went to the job site and told everyone and work stopped. Everyone went home.

I went home and fired up the dial-up and logged onto bloodsweatsteel and chatted with the bros about it. Around 5 o’clock, went the the dungeon and pushed out a PR on bench.

bvs

Elite
Reaction score
I remember it vividly, my dad was on night shift (im in southern hemisphere) and was watching the news unfold through the night. He got home at 5am and woke me up. Dazed and confused 10yr old me didnt really know what i was watching and i asked "what movie is this?". For me the significance of the situation was hard to comprehend at that age

Patriot1405

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I live in New York and work for a subcontractor that works for Nat Grid. We install gas mains and services. I was on Astoria Blvd putting in a new plastic main when we got the news to shut everything down. Was a extremely sad day for New Yorkers.

That evening my company went in to ground zero. The weight of the towers collapsing broke all of the cast iron mains underground and gas was leaking from the entire area. I was standing on top of the pile by 10:00 pm. One of the most emotional experiences of my life. Cant even explain the feeling of anger and sadness. I cried as I watched them erect two 30’ tents. One for “Human remains” and one for “aircraft debris”.
That evening while digging to repair the broken gas mains we would watch as people would bring remains of both to the tents. The sounds of people screaming when people were found alive and also when body parts were located will always stay with us. Was there for six weeks and saw a lot of things that will remain with me forever. Im 56 now, wound up with respiratory issues because of the particulates inhaled. Lost some fellow workers to cancer.
That day we were all Americans! People of all races united as Americans to help other humans in distress. We need to remember that and learn to unify again in these trying times as humans united together. God Bless

Maijah

Elite
Reaction score
I was on the job site for a state trade school. New construction, they sent us home immediately

Bobbyloads

Elite
Reaction score
I live in New York and work for a subcontractor that works for Nat Grid. We install gas mains and services. I was on Astoria Blvd putting in a new plastic main when we got the news to shut everything down. Was a extremely sad day for New Yorkers.

That evening my company went in to ground zero. The weight of the towers collapsing broke all of the cast iron mains underground and gas was leaking from the entire area. I was standing on top of the pile by 10:00 pm. One of the most emotional experiences of my life. Cant even explain the feeling of anger and sadness. I cried as I watched them erect two 30’ tents. One for “Human remains” and one for “aircraft debris”.
That evening while digging to repair the broken gas mains we would watch as people would bring remains of both to the tents. The sounds of people screaming when people were found alive and also when body parts were located will always stay with us. Was there for six weeks and saw a lot of things that will remain with me forever. Im 56 now, wound up with respiratory issues because of the particulates inhaled. Lost some fellow workers to cancer.
That day we were all Americans! People of all races united as Americans to help other humans in distress. We need to remember that and learn to unify again in these trying times as humans united together. God Bless

Damn bro shit got deeper than I intended but sorry to hear the sad shit but you did a helpful task with the gas and made it through even with all that going on around you I cant even imagine going through that. Much respect sir.

Skullcrusher

Elite
Reaction score
No shit I'm in Dyer lol where you go grit fitness?

I used to live in Dyer not too long ago. Small world!

Have not done the gym thing yet due to covid mask mandate. Just workout at home.

But once it is over I can get a membership wherever. So where should I go?

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
Semester abroad. Sydney Australia. Was watching the Simpsons (Seinfeld and Simpson’s on every weekday evening back then) they interrupted the go live to US news.

Saw the second plane hit live.

All American students were excused from class/tests for a week.

They put out big screen TVs in downtown Sydney for people to follow the story.

BRICKS

Veteran
Reaction score
Doing anesthesia at the Naval Medical Center San Diego. Walked into the conference room where about half a dozen people were aghast in front of the TV. Saw the second plane hit live. Rage pretty much sums up the level of anger I still feel to this day about that attack.

Sicwun88

Reaction score
I was in Northern state prison in Newark NJ, looking at the skyline of NY thinking WTF???
Then staying locked down for over a WK really thinking WTF???

Bobbyloads

Elite
Reaction score
I used to live in Dyer not too long ago. Small world!

Have not done the gym thing yet due to covid mask mandate. Just workout at home.

But once it is over I can get a membership wherever. So where should I go?

No one really wears masks at the gyms here I go to anytime fitness most of the time for the convenience the one past the mall in Merrilvillle is the best one Grit is banged up but a lot of meat heads go so it’s decent.

Bobbyloads

Elite
Reaction score
Semester abroad. Sydney Australia. Was watching the Simpsons (Seinfeld and Simpson’s on every weekday evening back then) they interrupted the go live to US news.

Saw the second plane hit live.

All American students were excused from class/tests for a week.

They put out big screen TVs in downtown Sydney for people to follow the story.

Jin the international man of mystery. Where else you live Antarctica?

Doing anesthesia at the Naval Medical Center San Diego. Walked into the conference room where about half a dozen people were aghast in front of the TV. Saw the second plane hit live. Rage pretty much sums up the level of anger I still feel to this day about that attack.

Damn bricks your an anesthesiologist?

New Threads