Severe pain

Skullcrusher

Elite
Reaction score
I had some severe pain today at the end of my workout.

Was doing DB Cross Body Hammer Curls and was straining to punch out the last couple reps.

While curling with my right arm, my left infraspinatus started hurting like a mf.

It's where the left pec muscle meets the shoulder blade in front.

When it happened I just layed down, grabbing my chest.

Most of the pain went away pretty quick, but still kind of tender.

I am hoping that it was just a really bad cramp.

Did run out of cold water mid-workout.

Going to start keeping two pitchers filled instead of one.

Sicwun88

Reaction score
Best thing was to stop the workout!
Hopefully tomorrow you'll be fine!

Skullcrusher

Elite
Reaction score
Didn't you have some kind of shoulder injury you were recovering from?

Yes that was a serratus injury in my back up under the right rear shoulder blade. Still nags me when I do too much chest and front shoulder work. I had the forks too high and tore the muscle trying to get the weights back up on the forks. Out for 6 weeks. Sucked!

I'm probably hitting my back a little too hard. But...starting next week going to be switching to 6 days and only doing 4 or 5 max lifts per day because I want to hit my big 3 twice a week. So back and biceps will be separate now except for TB Deadlifts which I will do on both days.

https://exrx.net/WeightExercises/SerratusAnterior/DBInclineShoulderRaise

Gabriel

Reaction score
It's a fine line sometimes between muscle failure and injuring yourself..as you age you will start to listen more to what your body tells you..above 40,injuries become more frequent and the recovery takes much longer..for most strains a hot bath,ice and some anti inflammatories do the trick...and perhaps a couple of days rest..hope all turns out Brother..

New Threads