Home Banded Chest Flyes Idea

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
Just came up with an idea to improve banded chest flyes at home.

Put your bar on the INSIDE of the front uprights of the power rack, at chest height.

Put sturdy clips on barbell about 4" from the ends.

Hook the bands onto the end of the barbell, the clips will keep the bands from coming in.

Stand facing away from the front of the rack, and do the chest flyes. The bands will now be much wider out than if they were hooked to the rack's uprights, so it's now more of a fly and less of a press. And the barbell is on the inside of the rack, so it won't shoot off the hooks.

Just popped into my head, thought I'd share. I never liked DB Flyes because there was little to no tension at the top of the exercise. This should pair well with pressing movements at home, with lack of a cable crossover or pec deck.

Gibsonator

Immovable Object
Reaction score
CJ thought I told u to get the handles and caribiners.
Attach to bands to upper rack, handles to bands, walk away till you feel a good stretch and then do your flys.
I start with the red minis, go to the green monsters and from there I will just step out further to increase resistance.
Having the handle makes it feel great.
Think i paid $15 for them on amazon.

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
CJ thought I told u to get the handles and caribiners.
Attach to bands to upper rack, handles to bands, walk away till you feel a good stretch and then do your flys.
I start with the red minis, go to the green monsters and from there I will just step out further to increase resistance.
Having the handle makes it feel great.
Think i paid $15 for them on amazon.

My idea just gets the bands to about 7' apart, if using the rack they're only about 4' wide. Line of pull will be probably 15° further out.

Boogieman

Elite
Reaction score
Can I see a video of this? Trying to visualize and its not happening.

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
Can I see a video of this? Trying to visualize and its not happening.

I don't have a video of my specific idea, but this video helps explain why wider is better for banded flyes, line of pull and force curves, more contraction at the top of the movement. He goes through narrow to wide variations, so watch until the end.

Last edited:

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
I don't have a video of my specific idea, but this video helps explain why wider is better for banded flyes, line of pull and force curves, more contraction at the top of the movement. He goes through narror to wide variations.

I don’t take advice from people smaller than me.

I definitely don’t take advice from people smaller than you!

:32 (18):

New Threads