Glad to be here.

Reaction score
New old guy here!! I have been on other forums some of which have been shut down. Thank you for allowing me to join the group, I love the community and communicating with like minded people!! Life is too short to be small!!

The Phoenix

Elite
Reaction score
Welcome to the Board! Tell us about yourself, goals, gains etc..?

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
Welcome to the Underground. Nice tag line. Indeed, too short to be small!

Reaction score
I am 46 will be 47 in November. After being an athlete most of my life (mostly swimming) I succumbed to a genetic shoulder issue that plagued my brothers and I in my early 20's. After almost 2 decades of medication, MRIs and doctors I was told I needed surgery on both shoulders. I had also during that time injured my back catching one of my kids falling out of a tree and was told I needed back surgery as well. At 42 years old I told the doctors I would not get surgery and asked if they thought it was possible to start weight training and build muscle to hold everything together. Shoulder doctor said NO!! Spine doctor said what the hell, give it a shot. I started at 6 foot tall and 128 pounds!! I was a skeleton!! I stopped all medications and learned how to eat which was my biggest problem. Now after almost 5 years I'm between 185 and 190 and hoping to get to around 220. Around a year and a half ago under off the record advice from a doctor friend I started my first cycle which helped greatly. No surgery in sight and the biggest I have ever been!! For the first time in my life I don't feel like the broken little runt, and the best part of every day is TRAINING TIME!!

Reaction score
Dude, that's awesome! What an incredible story.

How are the shoulders these days?

What does your training look like?

Reaction score
I used to be able to push my arms out of the socket from the top, now they don't budge. On shoulder day they do hurt internally due to my labrums having been destroyed but I push to the limit. I work shoulders until what I call "real pain" starts. I do legs, back, chest, arms, and shoulders all in individual workouts. I would add shoulders in with arms but due to the issues I neet to focus on them separately.

The Phoenix

Elite
Reaction score
I used to be able to push my arms out of the socket from the top, now they don't budge. On shoulder day they do hurt internally due to my labrums having been destroyed but I push to the limit. I work shoulders until what I call "real pain" starts. I do legs, back, chest, arms, and shoulders all in individual workouts. I would add shoulders in with arms but due to the issues I neet to focus on them separately.

What do you do to remedy your shoulders? Were you skinny to where you could dislocate your shoulder & doing so has now messed up your shoulder?

Reaction score
My brothers and I have a genetic issue where the shoulder sockets degenerate. I have 3 older brothers and they all had surgeries in their early 20's and all agreed they wished they hadn't. I was extremely skinny from years of pain meds, muscle relaxers, and anti inflammatory. I generally didn't eat very much and was taking multiple pills several times a day. Being able to dislocate my shoulders by hand was due to the degenerated socket, blown labrums and almost no muscle. The main things that helped most were front, lateral, and rear raises. Those and honestly deca which a doctor told me was very good for healing and for your joints. The doctor was very correct, after a couple weeks the difference was very noticeable. Now the muscle mass is too much to allow the dislocation without tearing the muscle.

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
Welcome to the group GW73.

Doctors ever talk about stem cell therapy?

Tatlifter

Reaction score
Welcome to the UG and great introduction and transformation!

Reaction score
Only a bit, it wasn't something that they considered a viable option. Mostly due to the controversy that always seems to be surrounding it. The general talk was injections then surgery. Based on the MRI my left shoulder is in severe condition, unfortunately surgery will end up happening eventually. I just plan on holding it off until I'm very old, 70's or even 80's.

Reaction score
I'll definitely be here to stay!! I'm a real bodybuilding nerd and can't get enough when it comes to researching and discussing all aspects of this lifestyle.

Trump

Unstoppable Force
Reaction score
Welcome to the board great story, gibs just gives up with a little forearm pain and here is you pushing through pain like that.

DEADlifter

Elite
Reaction score
Welcome to the Underground. Congrats on the dedication and grit

New Threads