Im a youngling that needs guidance

JackDMegalomaniac

Reaction score
Im Jack 16 yrs old, 6'3", 190lbs Ive been reading ugbb for a good while. I had originally started lifting a year ago but had a awful attitude and didnt get much progress. I had a nice thing set up where I was the football assistant coach which meant i could hang out with my friends and water gals, and could get a entire gym of free weights and machines to myself. But, covid threw a wrench in that.

So I spent the spring getting fat and sitting in my house. But this summer Ive been living at my cottage, where I spent 11 hours a day troll fishing with my dog spot.

Ive been building my own gym by using craigslist and a $100 inheritance, right now I'vet got 350lbs of very hq olympic plates, squat rack, adjustable weight bench, trap bar, barbell, cable machine, roman chair, and heavy bag+speed bag w/ stand. I'd value all of it around $1,100.

My current regime is a three day push/pull/legs. Since when I first started I gained a-lot of strength, and since spring Ive increased my lifts by half, and the big three lifts doubled. Which I would attribute to attitude and improving technique, in addition to muscle growth. Currently I'd say I'm sort of skinny fat, but Ive got a big neck and shoulders.

I've had what I would call a crappy childhood, which made me a sad sack. But Ive got that solved, and now I just want to be the best I can. Part of that is being the strongest and biggest guy around.

I want to to take my lifting to the next level and make it a lifestyle. (Clarify that I'm not interested in any extracurriculars like ephedrine or trt, I know Im too young itd f my growth up) My plan is to gain 30 pounds of beginner gains in the next 6 months. To do this I plan on doing a constant bulk. But, I need help from you guys to tell me when Im being stupid.

I will be adding my info to my profile in the next few days, and make more post. If you've got any good info to link itd be great, and yes Ive read the stickies

Trump

Unstoppable Force
Reaction score
Dude just keep doing what your doing for the foreseeable future. Learn about training and diet and at your age you will continue to make gains into your 20’s

Tiny

Elite
Reaction score
Hey Jack.
Your writing style tells me you're a smart kid. Best thing you can do for yourself at your age, in the bodybuilding context, is eat, sleep and train. Training at your age needs to be 100% about mastering form, understanding diet and stabilizer muscle development, not about heavy weight IMO. Zero doubt you'll get to where you want to be.

Lizard King

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
So what does your diet look like to gain 30lbs in 6 months at 16rs old? How much of that are you expecting to be muscle vs fat vs water?

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
Be careful with bragging about that $100 inheritance. Lots of bad characters might try to get at your riches. :32 (20):

Welcome kid, learn the basic compound lifts, do them well. Eat big boy food, not too much junk. Get plenty of sleep. BE CONSISTENT with that, and you'll grow....maybe not 30 pounds in 6 months though, that's pretty ambitious.

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
Now that's a good first post.

In all you seem to be headed in the right direction and you found a good home here. The 30 lbs in 6 months, well it may be doable but you may not like the look of the end product. Hit us up with your diet plans and we can help. Don't want ya to be posting 1/2 a year from now on how to loss 20 lbs.

Side note: life is pretty good if you're fishing with your dog. Once this lifting shit ends for me, that's the life I want.

Please stick around Jack.

Reaction score
Keep at it man! Welcome to the UG. Lots of helpful people here!

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
Welcome to the Underground

tinymk

Elite
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum little brother.

ATLRigger

Elite
Reaction score
Welcome to the underground. Sounds like you have a nice setup.

DEADlifter

Elite
Reaction score
Welcome to the party, Jack. Awesome intro. Like where your heads at. If you've doubled the big three since spring, you are definitely on your way. Congratulations young man. Glad to have you here.

Mister Slicksta

Reaction score
Very informative first post. Welcome. You’re in the right spot and keep doing what you’re doing. You’re heading in the right direction.

JackDMegalomaniac

Reaction score
My numbers are a bit wonky so Ive got to look it over. My basic diet would be around 228 grams of protein and 380 grams of carbohydrates. I would want to be at least half to be muscle gain, Id have to read some more on that.

New Threads