Intro to all

Reaction score
Hey all. I’m a 23 y/o dude who’s looking for a little bit of guidance on some gains. I’m about 175-180 right now and not in that great of shape. Ideally, I’d like to be right around 200lb. I came here to see if I can find some information and guidance on what gear is gonna most benefit me and my desired goals. I eat quite a bit and don’t gain a ton of weight(endomorph? I can’t remember which is which right now). I’d like to get stronger and be at about 200. As soon as I’m done with this post I’m gonna dive into the forum and hopefully find the info I need. Feel free to message me with any advice or clarifying questions.

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
Welcome to the UG,

More food is your friend. Impossible to gain any weight without being in a surplus.

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
So you're hear to find out more about gear and how to get to 200 lbs? You dont need gear to get to 200 lbs, you need a proper diet, training and rest.

If you are a "Want it all and want it now" guy, gear is a good way to get that. Just remember, once the gear is gone, most gains will follow. Now if you are in this for the long haul, the knowledge you get here will stay you for your entire journey.

Reaction score
Welcome to the UG,

More food is your friend. Impossible to gain any weight without being in a surplus.

For sure. I’m averaging about 4,000 calories a day or so. I figure that should be good as I’m only working out 3-4 times a week right now.

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
For sure. I’m averaging about 4,000 calories a day or so. I figure that should be good as I’m only working out 3-4 times a week right now.

Pay attention to the scale. If it's not moving, get to eating.

Reaction score
I figure that should be good as I’m only working out 3-4 times a week right now.

No 3x a week, I'm 45 yrs old and do 5x a week. At 23 your body should easily be able to handle 4-5.

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
Welcome to the Underground

Tiny

Elite
Reaction score
Welcome Ado,
Stick around, read up on some of the member training logs, work on mastering your diet, etc. There is a *lot* more that will yield quality long term results before the word gear enters your vocab. Otherwise it will be an up and down and you'll end up where you started or worse.

Tinbeater36

Reaction score
Welcome to the UG. Start writing down everything you eat and see where you are really at. I get it, I have to eat non-stop to put on weight, it's what you have to do. At 23 I wouldn't mess with anything unless you already know you're a genetic freak and you can make a living from BB. From your intro it doesn't sound like that is the case. Read everything you can, train and eat like a mad man, give that some time and then see if you want to go to the next step. Good luck!

Yaya

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Welcome to SI. Post up make friends
Any questions ask RowdyBrad

New Threads