Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 49
  1. #21
    Senior Member CohibaRobusto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    1,279
    Thanks
    2,569
    Thanked 988 Times in 638 Posts
    Counseling is a good idea, like Robdjents said. Either just you with a therapist to figure out how you want to move on from this - or as a couple to help get through this together.

    My wife and I go pretty regulary, and it's been awesome. Don't get me wrong, it's emotional sometimes, but you're actually dealing with the difficult things rather than sweeping them under the rug like so many others do.

  2. #22
    Elite CJ275's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Down at Fraggle Rock
    Posts
    4,344
    Thanks
    6,390
    Thanked 4,919 Times in 2,497 Posts
    You have time too Andy, it's not like you're getting married next week.

    Take all the time you need to make sure it's RIGHT. Don't make a lifelong decision because you think that you're getting older. You have more time than you think.

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to CJ275 For This Useful Post:

    Tinbeater36 (09-21-2020)

  4. #23
    Elite Trump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    UK/Nigeria
    Posts
    3,955
    Thanks
    2,735
    Thanked 4,511 Times in 2,132 Posts
    Jesus dude no one can give you advice on this situation at all. You have to follow your heart and no one can tell you otherwise
    ĎTrump is my idol, I aspire to look like himí Gibs 2020

  5. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Trump For This Useful Post:

    Blusoul24 (09-21-2020),BRICKS (09-21-2020),CJ275 (09-21-2020),Jin (09-21-2020),Rhino99 (09-22-2020)

  6. #24
    Senior Member DeplorableCracker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    233
    Thanks
    158
    Thanked 146 Times in 78 Posts
    Originally Posted by Joliver View Post
    Wouldn't marry her. You can forgive her while sending her out the door. If you accept that behavior and reward it with forgiveness... you'll get more of it.

    Women like power. I can't think of a more impotent thing to do than to "forgive" her after you paid for her vacation and she ran around on you with other men. In the coming months, she'll end up making it your fault anyway..."you chose work and clients over me." Boot her ass.

    Edit: Always remember...open hand keeps you of jail. It's in the constitution.
    I'm with you on most of this, especially the eventually it's gonna be your fault anyways thing, but WTF with the open hand shit? maybe I'm reading this wrong, but are you advocating it's okay to smack a woman around as long as it's not close fisted? That's a pretty ****ed up take, not to mention completely false in the pretense that it'll keep you out of jail.

  7. #25
    Senior Member Tinbeater36's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    197
    Thanks
    302
    Thanked 198 Times in 94 Posts
    First off, sorry brother. I don't think any of us can tell you what to do, that being said talking about it is healthy, and good for you for being able to express how you're feeling. Wish you the best whatever you decide.
    I work really hard to look this average.

  8. #26
    Senior Member chicago311's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    164
    Thanks
    109
    Thanked 36 Times in 28 Posts
    hope all things work out for you brother..... GO with your heart.

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to chicago311 For This Useful Post:

    Tinbeater36 (09-21-2020)

  10. #27
    E-Fighter Extraordinaire Joliver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Deep South...
    Posts
    2,750
    Thanks
    2,362
    Thanked 4,046 Times in 1,471 Posts
    Originally Posted by DeplorableCracker View Post
    I'm with you on most of this, especially the eventually it's gonna be your fault anyways thing, but WTF with the open hand shit? maybe I'm reading this wrong, but are you advocating it's okay to smack a woman around as long as it's not close fisted? That's a pretty ****ed up take, not to mention completely false in the pretense that it'll keep you out of jail.
    Hope she sees this bro. Also, it's in the Geneva convention.
    Stroking out on the toilet = gay. Stroking out on the platform = legend. --DYS

    S.U.R.--Shut up Red!

    Professional internet fighter

  11. #28
    Veteran snake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    North East
    Posts
    9,301
    Thanks
    6,932
    Thanked 12,509 Times in 5,224 Posts
    OK, I thought about this and I'm probably going to get shit for it but its food for thought.

    If you subscribe to the idea of long term dating with engagement followed by marriage, then hear me out. Dating is just a sampling of what's out there and not finding the one, but finding yourself. Engagement is a whole nother level. In my book, she needs to constantly bring her A game. If she can't for that relatively short period of time during the good times, how's she going to do down the stretch?

    When you add in a mortgage, bills and children, how is she going to hold up? If you're not all that and a bag of chips to her now, where will you be 7 years from now when the itch hits?

    Short of infidelity or the loss of a child, most marriages can withstand anything. We can control one of those factors.
    Hard work beats talent when talent doesnít work hard.

  12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to snake For This Useful Post:

    DeplorableCracker (09-21-2020),Rhino99 (09-22-2020),Tinbeater36 (09-22-2020)

  13. #29
    Moderator-San Jin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Far East
    Posts
    10,581
    Thanks
    13,056
    Thanked 16,123 Times in 6,611 Posts
    Originally Posted by snake View Post

    Short of infidelity or the loss of a child, most marriages can withstand anything. We can control one of those factors.
    I would argue you cannot control either.

    What is your goal in getting married at all?

    I’m an odd duck. I married my wife because I saw I could sacrifice for her to help her become the woman she was made to be. My marriage is based off of sacrificial love and it’s the same from her side.

    I engaged in some sexual activity outside our marriage in the beginning. It was paid sex work, but still not being faithful.

    I confessed, we worked through it and our marriage is amazing now.

    Why you are getting married and what your values are are a big part of this decision. Most people use marriage to their personal gain. If you are more concerned about yourself than your potential wife, then get rid of her and find someone rock solid.

    If you care about seeing this woman through to her full potential and want to live a sacrificial life of love then consider forgiveness. Not to be a doormat mind you. Only if you can regain trust.


    You are not entitled to your opinion.
    You are entitled to your informed opinion.
    No one is entitled to be ignorant.



  14. The Following User Says Thank You to Jin For This Useful Post:

    CohibaRobusto (09-21-2020)

  15. #30
    Elite RISE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    2,230
    Thanks
    1,320
    Thanked 1,499 Times in 820 Posts
    She was drunk, and she didn't phuck the guy. I'd say forgive and forget.

  16. #31
    Moderator-San Jin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Far East
    Posts
    10,581
    Thanks
    13,056
    Thanked 16,123 Times in 6,611 Posts
    I would go as far as to say marriage isn’t meant for most people these days. Just look at the divorce rate.


    You are not entitled to your opinion.
    You are entitled to your informed opinion.
    No one is entitled to be ignorant.



  17. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jin For This Useful Post:

    Boytoy (09-21-2020),CJ275 (09-21-2020),CohibaRobusto (09-21-2020),Grinch (09-21-2020),Rhino99 (09-22-2020)

  18. #32
    Senior Member CohibaRobusto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    1,279
    Thanks
    2,569
    Thanked 988 Times in 638 Posts
    I don't expect my wife to be any more perfect than I am. In fact, I'll give her more leeway because I love her so much and she is so good for me.

  19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CohibaRobusto For This Useful Post:

    CJ275 (09-21-2020),Jin (09-21-2020)

  20. #33
    Elite Boytoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    640
    Thanks
    699
    Thanked 414 Times in 241 Posts
    Originally Posted by Jin View Post
    I would go as far as to say marriage isn’t meant for most people these days. Just look at the divorce rate.
    Marriage requires sacrifice.
    This is the "I" generation. All about Selfies and shit. The two don't go together.

  21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Boytoy For This Useful Post:

    CohibaRobusto (09-21-2020),Jin (09-21-2020)

  22. #34
    Elite Boytoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    640
    Thanks
    699
    Thanked 414 Times in 241 Posts
    Originally Posted by Jin View Post
    Sure, but you are a man.
    The ones I was with were not.
    Well not the ones I remember anyway.

  23. The Following User Says Thank You to Boytoy For This Useful Post:

    Jin (09-21-2020)

  24. #35
    Veteran Seeker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Under your bed
    Posts
    8,369
    Thanks
    3,391
    Thanked 9,481 Times in 4,149 Posts
    Two things I noticed with your post, Andy.

    1. You say you let her go? The fact you paid for her trip doesn't change the fact that she went because she wanted to go. She could have chosen not to go and stay with you. This was her choice, not yours.

    2. You give her the benefit because she told you? She told you not because she wanted to, but because she probably had to. This would have definitely gotten back to you from someone else.

    That's all I got to add to this..
    "The weight teaches you"
    The more you treat each rep independently, as its own workout, the better.

  25. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Seeker For This Useful Post:

    Boytoy (09-21-2020),BRICKS (09-21-2020),Gibsonator (09-21-2020),Rhino99 (09-22-2020),Tinbeater36 (09-22-2020)

  26. #36
    Elite BRICKS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    3,579
    Thanks
    8,667
    Thanked 6,365 Times in 2,331 Posts
    Originally Posted by RISE View Post
    She was drunk, and she didn't phuck the guy. I'd say forgive and forget.
    Seekers post above plus addressing this quote:

    Exactly how do you know she didn't f*ck the guy. Cause she told you and you trust her? You see where this is going? You think this other guy's intention was to just grind on the dance floor and swap spit? So even if she didn't screw him then at some point she said no....what, no I have a boyfriend? Then what exactly was this otherstuff. Boyfriend (you) ok with that? Sure make out, probably feel up my wife but you can't fk her. Yeah right....

    I repped Trump above for his answer and no, nobody can tell you what you should do. Just like nobody should have to tell her how to behave either, bro.

    If it's me we're done. It's a girlfriend. Not a wife you've invested a life with. Mrs. BRICKS and I are the same page on this. We both divorced cheating spouses, I was married to my ex for 10 years, she was married to hers for 9 with 2 little kids, had to disappear in the middle of the night when he was out of town. So I know her position on infidelity. Would your girlfriend tolerate that behavior from you?

    Trust is like a savings account. You build it by making small deposits. When you betray that trust you over draw on that account and it takes a long time, if ever, to build it back up.

    Last thing on this ramble. What the hell are you doing looking for your fault in this? She is an adult right? She's responsible for her own behavior. And if some alcohol makes her forget the commitment she has to you, where do you stand?

    Just how I look at it FWIW. Good luck bro.
    Last edited by BRICKS; 09-21-2020 at 09:55 PM.

  27. The Following User Says Thank You to BRICKS For This Useful Post:

    Rhino99 (09-22-2020)

  28. #37
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    The bowels of the bible belt
    Posts
    148
    Thanks
    215
    Thanked 87 Times in 52 Posts
    The community thing you guys got going is bad ****ing ass.
    It's hard to take a step back after somthing like this happens. I wouldn't want to tell you anything at all because every situation is a unique situation. Theres a lot of moving parts and everyones infidelity story is never identical although very similar. You seem to be pretty squared away man and I would think it's safe to assume that you will make the right decision that's best for YOU.
    I will say a few things from my own personal experience.
    If they cheat once, they will do it again.

    33 isnt old man, you're in your prime unless you're Benjamin buttoning it
    Its acceptable to take a break so you can sort it out. Maybe you need your own vacation to get the proper perspective

    My best friend growing up called me about 10 years ago. His wife of less than a year had been cheating with one of our friends from childhood. I told him to dump her and move on because that's what I would do. He stayed with her and they have a child and go on 3 vacations a year and every photo you see of them they are all smiles. As long as hes happy, then **** it.
    It's a matter of what you need or want out of the situation.

    Some of the advice on here has been ****ing solid though. Good luck man.
    Last edited by Grinch; 09-21-2020 at 09:55 PM. Reason: Sp sp spelling is hard

  29. The Following User Says Thank You to Grinch For This Useful Post:

    Jin (09-22-2020)

  30. #38
    Senior Member Bobbyloads's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    ILLIANA
    Posts
    1,914
    Thanks
    926
    Thanked 983 Times in 615 Posts
    Marriage is a big step your legally binding your self to the person so you damn sure better be 100% sure you will be happy with that person. You throw kids in the mix and mortgages and car loans etc..... Good luck man.

    You say you want kids yes? Imagine if you get drunk later when your kids are older and you tell them that story?

    Like people stated you have to do what you feel is right but make sure you take every scenario into consideration and think about what the future will hold due to these actions.

    33 ain’t old and don’t give in just cause you think your getting old better to e older and in the right situation then rush and pay for it when your older.

  31. #39
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    13
    Thanks
    18
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    It isnít partly your fault at all.

    You donít take 50% of her responsibility to stay loyal and not cheat just because you didnít make the trip.

    Only you know the answers to these questions deep down:

    Do you trust her, and have you ever trusted her?

    If not, has something in the past happened to make you feel this way?

    Do you feel she would do this regardless?

    Have you ever cheated and she knows about it?



  32. #40
    Elite Gibsonator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Cali
    Posts
    6,484
    Thanks
    7,429
    Thanked 7,254 Times in 3,633 Posts
    Trump, Seeker and Bricks have great responses, i didnt read them all but those were good.
    3 years is a lot of time invested no doubt.
    3 years has always been the make it or break it point for me.
    I hate to say it but I find it hard to believe kissing is all that happened but hopefully that was it.
    Maybe she thought coming clean with that, knowing you may find out somehow, would lead you to believe that was all that happened and not question her due to her "honesty".
    This is a tough pill to swallow.
    I too made some bad decisions early on that my now wife and i worked through and she complete let go of our marriage is great.
    So, this really depends on the dynamic of your relationship, how much you love this woman, how much do you think she truly loves you.
    Also, will you be able to forgive and forget or will the thought of some foreign dude feeling up your wife and being sexual with her fukk u up in the head.
    Someone said early on call it fair and move on or something, and while texting a chick and physically touching another person are 2 different things, that may be your best way to look at it.
    Best of luck to you either way Andy.
    Better looking than Trump

  33. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gibsonator For This Useful Post:

    BRICKS (09-22-2020),Rhino99 (09-22-2020),Tiny (09-22-2020)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. cooking in advance
    By bugman in forum Dieting, Nutrition and Supplements
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 07-20-2015, 07:27 AM
  2. Hey guys, thanks in advance for any help!
    By Ck951 in forum New Members Introductions
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 02-15-2014, 09:57 AM
  3. just a quick question.. and thanks in advance for your help
    By kickingcoach in forum New Members Introductions
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 02-13-2013, 06:18 PM
  4. Sorry to everyone, been having problems
    By cranium85 in forum General Chat & Conversation
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 08-28-2012, 12:00 PM
  5. sorry for my abcense!
    By oldschool67 in forum Members Pictures
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 07-30-2012, 09:56 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •