Trying to stay positive.

Reaction score
OK I know I'm new here to this site, but I'm not a New to this lifestyle. I need to vent after my days events. I took time off from working out for quite some time to focus on work and family. Bought and sold a house last father in the meantime and just started getting to a point where I felt like getting back to my normal routine. I know I'll never have more than I can handle in life but that doesn't mean things won't ever be hard. For instance today, I got a call from a family member telling me and my mother had a stroke and I rushed to the hospital. Over the past three years most of my immediate family some friends and some former clients( i'm a social worker for at risk youth) , Even through Covid things seemed to settle. But you never know what's going to happen at any given moment.

again I know you all don't know me but I appreciate the ability to talk it out with a community of people I've always considered myself a part of. If you read this thank you for this I thank you for listening. Staying positive...!!!!!

Reaction score
Man, really sorry to hear this. So it sounds like you recently lost your dad, and your mom had a stroke today? Just want to make sure I'm reading that right.

Reaction score
Yeah. That's correct. I apologize when I use dictation things don't always come out the way I'm seeing them. Appreciate that. Honestly I just needed to vent, truly I'm not the sympathy seeking type. Things could be way worse, and I see it daily with my clientele so I feel guilty even venting. Thanks for listening though I do appreciate it

Reaction score
No I get it. That's a big deal. Losing my dad was the most difficult things I have dealt with in life.

I would think having a scare like that with a mother shortly afterwards would bring up a lot of stuff. Hang in there man. Things will settle down some. Reach out when you need someone to talk to.

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
Sorry you’re going through the shit.

andy

Elite
Reaction score
sorry to hear it man. and I thought my problems are real... anyway hold in man!

Gabriel

Reaction score
Losing family is a ruff thing to go through.. everyone grieves differently,so take your time and don't apologize..My mom not so bad,she wasn't a good person..but my dad,been over 10 yrs now and it still bothers me..There is a great bunch of guys and ladies here,that I consider family..So vent away my friend..

DEADlifter

Elite
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that Unc. Life can be a cruel bitch.

tinymk

Elite
Reaction score
Sorry brother. Having lost both parents while I was younger was a big wake up call for me.
It is like you have vented, hard to deal with

Reaction score
Guys I truly appreciate all the support. Really means a lot. Thanks for letting me vent and being non judgmental.

Gabriel

Reaction score
That's what a great forum is..A place to be human,and deal with life with some faceless priceless friends.. it's not all about gear,rather it's about LIFE....with some juice sprinkled on top..

Deadhead

Elite
Reaction score
That's what a great forum is..A place to be human,and deal with life with some faceless priceless friends.. it's not all about gear,rather it's about LIFE....with some juice sprinkled on top..

I can dig it.

transcend2007

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear it ... mortality is something we all share in common ... we are here for a finite numbers of days ... and reminded to be a positive forced for the short time we are here...

Sicwun88

Reaction score
Sorry to hear this, life brings all kinds of things good and bad!
Hang in there brother!

BrotherIron

Reaction score
Just being able to vent can help sometimes and we're here to help. Sorry to hear the rough patch you're currently in.

Reaction score

absolutely!! thanks

Reaction score
Sorry bud. How is she doing?

not the same person anymore. But time will tell I hear. Things won't be like they were before this but hopefully she can improve to a reasonable state. Thanks for asking. I'm hoping the rest of us can rebound after all the losses we had just within the past three years. I'm really glad I stumbled upon you guys, just by accident. Being so wrapped up with work and the older you get a small to non existent social life, it's nice to have someone to just shoot the shit with. I thank everyone here for that.