Early morning workout struggle ?

Ragingmenace223

Reaction score
Eating within 2 hours of a workout had never worked for me. Either I eat too much or eat just enough to make me hungry When I have tried doing nutrient timing it’s been an intra-workout shake. I have found it easier to pace and gauge than eating right before.
I just figure I need something after I sleep I will just keep the small amount of oats n a bananna

dreamscraper

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I have lurked awhile but bored with so little interaction with working from home.

Totally agree. Since COVID started I was going to try to adjust to this kind of early morning workout but it just isn't for me but it is almost all mental. I think hydration is probably a bigger variable physically. If you are not really careful about hydration, you are probably a bit dehydrated in the morning. I think you would need to do a pee color test in the morning to make sure you are at least somewhat hydrated. Have to get some water in you as soon as you wake up.

COVID/work from home has given me the chance to workout at the exact time I want and for me the best time is about 10:30-11am. By that time my hydration is good, I have had enough caffeine and probably most of all I have done enough activity that I am fully awake. Not so much activity/or so much caffeine though that I am at all stress depleted even a little bit like later at night. Glycogen wise, I would have already taken care of that the previous day. 6-8 egg whites, half a cup of oats, tablespoon of olive oil a few hours before and I am good.

I wish I could do the Jocko Willink thing, wake up at 4:30 and already have a workout in by 5:30. I am sure that feels like you can conquer the world at 5:30 post workout but I just don't think my biological clock is on that setting. If I never had to get up in the morning I think I would end up going to bed at 4:00am and getting up at 11:00am or so.

I think the meal thing is more of a mental thing. Feeling weak and tired is because you are still sleepy and haven't adjusted to early workouts yet.

Reaction score
Up at 2... In the gym by 3 for over 30 years...nothing but coffee for me...

Utm18

Reaction score
I normally go to the gym around 4:30-5am. Usually just do a pre-workout and double scoop of protein. Works for me

New Threads