Squatting: the Asian Advantage

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
Every Japanese that I’ve taught to squat has amazing form right off the bat.

Amazing hip and ankle flexibility.

Here is why.

They are expected to sit like this for long periods staring in preschool.

8ABAAE70-EF60-4717-9146-746DE78843B8.jpg

dk8594

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I have been practicing this a lot lately and it has highlighted weakness in my core and mobility gaps.

Boytoy

Elite
Reaction score
They squat over a hole to shit? Is what I heard but never been there and just the plumber in me is curious.

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
We Americans are just evolving faster than the population over there.

We're growing giant fat asses so we merely have to lean back SLIGHTLY to have a nice soft comfy seat.

Boytoy

Elite
Reaction score
CJ275;630012 We're growing giant fat asses so we merely have to lean back SLIGHTLY to have a nice soft comfy seat.[/QUOTE said:

And getting worse. Toilets were 15 inches. Then come out with comfort height, which is 18 inch. Have a 20 inch now. Soon we will be stand to shit.

Don't think we are helping ourselves. Can see if your disabled but if not then how much harder is it to move another few inches when you shit. Sad.

Is nice after tough leg day though

Last edited:

BigSwolePump

Elite
Reaction score
And getting worse. Toilets were 15 inches. Then come out with comfort height, which is 18 inch. Have a 20 inch now. Soon we will be stand to shit.

Don't think we are helping ourselves. Can see if your disabled but if not then how much harder is it to move another few inches when you shit. Sad.

Is nice after tough leg day though

Fuk that. I love comfort height toilets. I can't believe that it wasn't made a 50 years ago. Its like the difference in a kindergarten boys bathroom urinal vs the Mens room.

I mean, I am not trying to deep squat when I take a shit. Parallel is just find for this exercise lol

Now if they can fix the bowl so my junk doesn't graze it...

Reaction score
Something else to consider is genetics...asians generally have shorter legs and longer torsos...this is advantageous for squatting...

Reactions: Jin

Boogieman

Elite
Reaction score
Fuk that. I love comfort height toilets. I can't believe that it wasn't made a 50 years ago. Its like the difference in a kindergarten boys bathroom urinal vs the Mens room.

I mean, I am not trying to deep squat when I take a shit. Parallel is just find for this exercise lol

Now if they can fix the bowl so my junk doesn't graze it...

You need the "Deep Dish" comfort height version!

New Threads