Elite Lady Member
Reaction score
25yo F,
Issues: Irregular periods, fatigue, increased appetite, low libido

Heres my results:
TSH 3.88mu/L
Thyroxine 14.5pmol/L
Triodothyronine 4.6pmol/L.

NHS UK interprets these results as normal, although my TSH levels are at the upper range of normal bordering High.
Thyroxine on the lower range bordering low, according to same NHS lab diagrams.

Online sources have different ranges for whats normal for these hormones so Im trying to see if anyone has better knowledge on this?

Cheers everyone

BigSwolePump

Elite
Reaction score
Listen to your doctor.

If you don't trust what they say, find an different doctor.

Megatron28

Elite
Reaction score
Your thyroid seems fine. Your symptoms could be caused by lots of possible things. Have you investigated things like PCOS or other hormonal issues? PCOS is unfortunately all too common in women and could be causing your symptoms. I would suggest a full set of labs to try and pinpoint what's going on.

xyokoma

Elite Lady Member
Reaction score
Cheers mate. Been diagnosed with PCOS age 16 but havent had any cysts form for a while hence trying to see what else could be the issue.

Getting to a doctor now is a major dick in the rear.

lfod14

Reaction score
It's the functional range you want to go by, not the lab ranges. Lab ranges are near useless in most cases. I'm not used to looking at the numbers in the units yours are listed in and about to run out so can't convert them right now but if you're tipping the end of the ranges with high TSH and lower hormone levels you're walking the line of being hypo. Giving you guys have government run health care you're pretty much left with a private hormone doc to take a look, no sure how expensive that is for you guys, or some self-doctoring (which I'm always a fan of). I noticed you also said you had PCOS, which is basically just insulin resistance of the ovaries, symptoms line up perfectly with many of the slow thyroid ones. Are your sugars something you monitor?

xyokoma

Elite Lady Member
Reaction score
Thanks for such detailed response.
My sugars isnt something that ever came up in the docs office but I had blood test done 6months ago for a couple things including diabetes and that came back fine.

Our health care system doctors are shit and wont do anything unless youre portraying extreme symptoms so I wouldnt even bother going if i can self doctor and get my hands on levothyroxine. Like you said, lab ranges dont matter but thats exactly what doctors here look at and dismiss anything you have to say.

Viduus

Elite
Reaction score
If you’re serious about digging into your issues, you should reach out to Victoria Felkar. She’s a researcher who advises female athletes with a verity of disorders.

https://www.victoriafelkar.com/

New Threads