How do you eat so much!?

Rgiles227

Reaction score
Okay Im having trouble being able to eat enough. I’m just simply not that hungry all the time. Any idea how to increase my appetite? I’ve thought about getting a tub of Mass gainer too if that will help but as far as real food. I just can’t force myself to eat what I’m suppose to,much less afford that much meat and have the time to prep it all. I could do it with protein bars or shakes more easily but I know that stuff isn’t near as good as real food. Can anyone give me some tips?

Gibsonator

Immovable Object
Reaction score
Fasted cardio in the morning.
Lifting heavy.
Eat faster.
Get comfortable being uncomfortable.

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
Drink whole milk. Simple, won't make you as full as solid food, but it's still real food.

Switch whatever meats you eat to higher calorie versions. Salmon instead of white fish, chicken thighs instead of breasts, etc...

Add more oils/butter to your foods.

brock8282

Elite
Reaction score
Figure out if you digest carbs or fats easier. For me fats back me up and kill my appetite so I have to keep them relatively low and push carbs hard. Rice krisp cereal and bananas are a real saver to push my carbs high without too much food volume,

and in general avoid “junk food” unless it’s the last meal of the day. Fast food will make it very hard to get the rest of your food in throughout the day.

Seeker

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
If you're wanting to gain weight while struggling with an appetite you have to make the best of your meals by eating calorie dense foods. Some good suggestions above.

Since I tolerate dairy well that's one thing I Increase daily. Whole milk, cheeses, whole yogurts.

Eat nuts, , chicken legs and thighs, mashed potatoes, pastas, sauces and dressing on meals, eat oily fish. And I do hit the Asian buffets a couple times a week. Lol oh yeah those buffets are great for bulking.

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
I am prone to eating in a surplus. That’s what’s comfortable for me.

So, it’s either lift and be big or don’t lift and be a fat ass.

I look at food an gain weight. Double edged sword.

I cannot empathize, sorry.

one tip: I eat snacks of bananas, PB and a glass of milk about 3x a day in addition to all my meals. Try it. It’s delicious.

I usually eat if I wake up to pee because I’m hungry.

Last edited:

Rgiles227

Reaction score
You guys are always so quick to respond, I love it. Thanks so much! I’ve been contemplating making shakes out of my meals and just downing it lol. But I’m gonna load up on dairy stuff since I also handle it very well.

I’ve been throwing whole bags of frozen tenders in my instant pot and shredding it to mix with other things which works well but gets old after awhile.

Anybody have a good recipe for protein shakes make from real food?

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
You guys are always so quick to respond, I love it. Thanks so much! I’ve been contemplating making shakes out of my meals and just downing it lol. But I’m gonna load up on dairy stuff since I also handle it very well.

I’ve been throwing whole bags of frozen tenders in my instant pot and shredding it to mix with other things which works well but gets old after awhile.

Anybody have a good recipe for protein shakes make from real food?

no more chicken tenders.

thighs for you. Eat the skin too.

a cup of almonds is about 800 calories.

If you still can’t gain weight take a half gallon of ice cream and sit it out all day. Drink it before you go to bed.

Sicwun88

Reaction score
How do I eat so much?
Usually w a fork or spoon,but have been known to just use my hands!
Gotta be dedicated just like the rest of the lifestyle! Back when I use to run EQ,I'd literally eat like a horse!!!!

Seeker

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
One thing I forgot to mention. Sleep. When I don't sleep well, which luckily for me is rare, I don't have much an appetite the next day. So make sure you're getting a good night's rest because that will help you to eat better.

For the record. I don't focus on bulking anymore. But damn those buffets are awesome. Lol

wilkinkc

Reaction score

one tip: I eat snacks of bananas, PB and a glass of milk about 3x a day in addition to all my meals. Try it. It’s delicious.

I literally just had dinner but would smash this right now. Sounds so good

dragon1952

Elite
Reaction score
I make a 1 qt shake before I go to bed with half water/half whole milk, about 75 grams worth of micellar casein powder and a banana and drink some every 2-3 hrs when I wake up to pee. I'll also peel a banana and take a few bites and wash it down with around 6 oz of whole milk a couple times a night. I also keep sliced roast beef and chicken salad on hand for quick sandwiches in between meals.

DEADlifter

Elite
Reaction score
much less afford that much meat

When my wife was out of work for a few months this was a challenge for me. You can always fall back on those 10lb bags of chicken breasts at Walmart. That and rice. It sucked but sometimes shit sucks, ya know?

ATLRigger

Elite
Reaction score

I’m the same, but 60lbs lighter and a lot weaker.

Reactions: Jin

Rgiles227

Reaction score
Here's what I do...

In a shaker bottle:

3 cups whole milk
1.5 cups rolled oats, chopped up really fine in a coffee grinder, or use oat flour.
1 scoop of protein powder

1,018 Cals
118g C
33g F
64g P

Sounds good. I’ll be trying that for sure

Rgiles227

Reaction score
When my wife was out of work for a few months this was a challenge for me. You can always fall back on those 10lb bags of chicken breasts at Walmart. That and rice. It sucked but sometimes shit sucks, ya know?

Yes it gets tough quick. I was buying the bags of tenders and throwin em all in the instant pot for chicken and rice. I was having to chew it then force it down with water lol.

New Threads