Alibaba: Gym Equipment

Reaction score
Hello I'm wondering if anyone has any experience buying anything like gym equipment from Alibaba. I see a few things I would like to get for the garage gym. But I'd like to see if its legit before I spend my money.

Last edited:

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
Hello I'm wondering if anyone has any experience buying anything like gym equipment from Alibaba. I see a few things I would like to get for the garage gym. But I'd like to see if its legit before I spend my money.

That’s akin to asking if there is anything good on Amazon. There are thousands of vendors.

Gibsonator

Immovable Object
Reaction score
Stay away from alibaba, or any company that pops up in your Facebook feed.
I ordered $60 in tanks from Alibaba, never recieved them nor a refund.

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
Stay away from alibaba, or any company that pops up in your Facebook feed.
I ordered $60 in tanks from Alibaba, never recieved them nor a refund.

Really????

That surprises me. They're a monstrous publicly traded company. :32 (6):

rawdeal

Elite
Reaction score
Heard of Alibaba but no experience with them. Amazon does sell some of its own products called Amazon Basics, but mostly they are a platform for thousands of different vendors; is Alibaba like that? If so, Amazon lets you see customer reviews for any vendor you might be looking at before you buy; maybe Alibaba does too? Sometimes the product and the price look good but customer reviews tell you a specific vendor has shit for customer service and you can move on before you get screwed.

Amazon does do a pretty good job of having your back eventually, but it can be a time-consuming and annoying process before you get a refund or some other solution to the mess. I would check and see if Alibaba offers customer reviews of individual vendors and/or customer support from Alibaba itself if I ever consider using them.

Not exactly the same business model as the two above, but good ol' WalMart has a mighty big online presence for most products people use.

Finally, that Amazon BASIC line up I mentioned recently got some pretty scary reviews on (some of) their stuff in the media. Seemed confined mostly to products that involved a source of electricity, as in overheating, even spontaneous fires in some cases. Buyer beware.

BrotherIron

Reaction score
I wouldn't use them. You're risking your health with cheap Chinese knock-offs. If you're looking for gym equipment check out titan fitness.

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
I wouldn't use them. You're risking your health with cheap Chinese knock-offs. If you're looking for gym equipment check out titan fitness.

Got my power rack from Titan, very happy. Thick steel and reasonably priced

rawdeal

Elite
Reaction score
Yeah, I'd go straight to the "name" gym equipment companies for that, but Gibs got us started on tanks and non-steel merchandise. Some of the sites that just do gym equipment also have a customer reviews section on the page of each product that is worth looking at. Another shopping tool is to compare what several companies have to offer as to specifications. Don't just look at how tall a Rack is or what cool accessories it has but examine whether the steel is 2" x 3" or 3" x 3" Is it the standard 11 gauge or something less sturdy, are the holes 1" or 5/8" and how are they spaced? The sites will often tell you the weight of a product, whether it is a complete Rack or Bench or an accessory like Safety Spotter Arms. It's the customer reviews, if available, that will tell you about the packing, as in how well did your new item survive the shipping, or about the quality of the welds or paint jobs.

If money were no concern AND you are a WSM Beast, I would go with Rogue or Sorinex, but there are some quality other companies out there; Titan is one of them. I am pretty comfortable with money, I am not a world class WSM star, my recent purchase was from Titan, and I am happy with it.

brock8282

Elite
Reaction score
id rather be patient and search out and buy a good quality brand name used then some new chinese junk. what pieces specifically are you looking for?

Gibsonator

Immovable Object
Reaction score
All I know is there was no way to contact them besides via Facebook messenger and they never replied to my numerous messages. I never recieved an email confirmation number. I disputed it with my bank, I ended up eating the $60.
Wife ordered some bikinis from there a while back, same story.
Also had same problem with another site that was advertised on Facebook so we stay away from all of those now unless they pass all our requirements for looking trustworthy.

Uncle manny

Elite
Reaction score
Valor fitness, Titan fitness, Rep fitness. All cheaper than rogue and real good quality. Like mentioned above, spend just a little extra for quality you won’t have to worry about anything.

Reactions: CJ

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
Valor fitness, Titan fitness, Rep fitness. All cheaper than rogue and real good quality. Like mentioned above, spend just a little extra for quality you won’t have to worry about anything.

I have equipment from Valor and Titan, and I'm happy with them both.

FlyingPapaya

Shit Pickle
Reaction score
Titan is alright. I have one of their racks and happy it. Not the prettiest but works well. Ordered their padded j cups and they are garbage though fyi. Fringe sport also makes nice stuff just costs a little more. Have their lone star power bar and love it

New Threads