Shins hurting and bruising from jump rope

Joliver

E-Fighter Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Wear shoes, man. Take a few weeks off.

And "pushing through it" is like saying "customer service, I'd like to return this temporary acute pain and trade it for a nagging chronic condition." Don't be like one of those gym bros always wondering about bicep tendonitis from the preacher curl bench.

I speak from a position of both hypocrisy and authority...on a gimpy hip that I've ran into powder.

Also, stop paying taxes. It'll help. People that pay taxes have more inflammation.

Bobbyloads

Elite
Reaction score
Wear shoes, man. Take a few weeks off.

And "pushing through it" is like saying "customer service, I'd like to return this temporary acute pain and trade it for a nagging chronic condition." Don't be like one of those gym bros always wondering about bicep tendonitis from the preacher curl bench.

I speak from a position of both hypocrisy and authority...on a gimpy hip that I've ran into powder.

Also, stop paying taxes. It'll help. People that pay taxes have more inflammation.

Gotta pay taxes just pay them the right way lol

dreamscraper

Reaction score
I am pretty sure the force your joints are absorbing when you jump and land goes up exponentially in relation to your bodyweight. Even if not, it surely is not linear.

I am 220 and don't jump rope for this reason. I feel like 180 or so is when I can run and jump rope without injury but that is when I was younger. At 280lbs that is a ton of force you are absorbing * huge volume of jumps.

My hard conditioning is high rep body weight box squats, sled drag/prowler, bulgarian bag, push ups, some kind of high rep row then walking outdoors for steady state. I don't do anything involving jumping or ballistic anything anymore because it is not worth the injury risk as a beat up old man.

I love boxing and would love to learn to jump rope like Mayweather but it is guaranteed injury for me pretty much.

New Threads