Pussifying the Military, great.

Texan69

Elite
Reaction score
If you're in TX just go for the 19th SFG. Headquartered out of Utah but there's a contingent in TX.

I’ll look into it, I just separated from the IRR 3 years ago so from what I read if I knew my MOS and switch to the army I won’t need to do basic or AIT as a prior service marine

Gibsonator

Immovable Object
Reaction score
I was stationed at Ft.Hood in Texas. 1st Cav and 4th ID are out of there, the biggest Infantry Battalions.
Killeen is a shithole tho

Gibsonator

Immovable Object
Reaction score
Was supposed to go to Ft Bragg but 9/11 happened when I was in Airborne school so all my orders got jakked including my orders for Vilsec, Germany :32 (4):

Texan69

Elite
Reaction score
I was stationed at Ft.Hood in Texas. 1st Cav and 4th ID are out of there, the biggest Infantry Battalions.
Killeen is a shithole tho

my dad was 1st cav, I lived there for most of my childhood my grandparents still live in Killeen...it has only gotten worse and worse over the years. I’m def not looking to go active duty again, I just miss it and wouldn’t mind doing the weekend warrior thing

I was actually born in Guissen Germany when my dad was stationed there, growing up as an army brat was fun at times I won’t lie. My dad was a sir though lol

joeyirish777

Reaction score
I got investigated for hazing after 1 week of checking into an infantry unit as a squad leader(kid wasn't even under my charge).

the marine who cried hazing on me got himself medsepped for crying suicide 2 months later. I was cleared. This was 2017.

I would say this is as far as the softness goes in the marine corps infantry at the moment.

Gibsonator

Immovable Object
Reaction score
I got investigated for hazing after 1 week of checking into an infantry unit as a squad leader(kid wasn't even under my charge).

the marine who cried hazing on me got himself medsepped for crying suicide 2 months later. I was cleared. This was 2017.

I would say this is as far as the softness goes in the marine corps infantry at the moment.

You just reminded me of the time I was in basic and, actually 2 stories... 1st the firewatch where I caught this dude slamming his head into the tiles in the showers over and over, he was gone next day, then this other dude refused to shower and he was smelling so fukkin bad, drill servant gave us the nod so me and 4 other guys forced him in the shower and ripped his clothes off and he knew if he didn't wash up he was getting a serious beat down.

joeyirish777

Reaction score
You just reminded me of the time I was in basic and, actually 2 stories... 1st the firewatch where I caught this dude slamming his head into the tiles in the showers over and over, he was gone next day, then this other dude refused to shower and he was smelling so fukkin bad, drill servant gave us the nod so me and 4 other guys forced him in the shower and ripped his clothes off and he knew if he didn't wash up he was getting a serious beat down.

holy sht had an imbred like that in my 1st platoon. his roommates through him in the shower and poured bleach all over him lmao. the smell came back anyway sadly. his smell always reminded me of a small rodent like a squirrel or something.

GSgator

Reaction score
We are going to be pretty screw in 15-20 years there’s just not teaching coping skills, accountability for your actions and consequences for wrongdoing. I can see this in most young adults trying to come up thru the trades including my 21yr old son who has an excuse for everything.

Reactions: CJ

Gibsonator

Immovable Object
Reaction score
We are going to be pretty screw in 15-20 years there’s just not teaching coping skills, accountability for your actions and consequences for wrongdoing. I can see this in most young adults trying to come up thru the trades including my 21yr old son who has an excuse for everything.

Omg dont even get me started on this lol

Metalhead1

Elite
Reaction score
Seeing how the air force is now, it's only gonna continue to decline. They're trying to teach us sensitivity training. Especially for the higher ups so we don't have anyone filling out hurt feelings reports.

Grinch

Reaction score
Warfare is changing. The value of boots on the ground has changed. I believe we are more expendable than ever before.
It could be like industrial job, sometimes the contractors just need bodies on the yard to meet a quota to get paid. It has nothing to do with quality of warrior unfortunately.
We are also the only country doing this probably. Could you imagine what russia or china thinks when they see videos like this? ****, even Sweden would laugh.
We even have coverts in our own agencies giving info to other countries.

One of my favorite memories from my shark attack at Ft lostinthewoods was being called a high speed rockstar. Very flattering coming from the DI. We made really good friends and he gave me a souvenir in the form of scar tissue.

Without embracing the suck, future soldiers wont be soldiers, just bodies and liabilities.

Texan69

Elite
Reaction score
Warfare is changing. The value of boots on the ground has changed. I believe we are more expendable than ever before.
It could be like industrial job, sometimes the contractors just need bodies on the yard to meet a quota to get paid. It has nothing to do with quality of warrior unfortunately.
We are also the only country doing this probably. Could you imagine what russia or china thinks when they see videos like this? ****, even Sweden would laugh.
We even have coverts in our own agencies giving info to other countries.

One of my favorite memories from my shark attack at Ft lostinthewoods was being called a high speed rockstar. Very flattering coming from the DI. We made really good friends and he gave me a souvenir in the form of scar tissue.

Without embracing the suck, future soldiers wont be soldiers, just bodies and liabilities.

warfare is changing no doubt, I think it’s the opposite though troops are not seen as expendable, this country will drop and multi thousand bomb before risking a squad of grunts look at our past wars...storming beaches where we were certain to loose many...jungle warfare in Vietnam. Look at us now we got un maned aircraft and are quicker to send an air strike in than ground troops.

shoot the marine corps completely just got rid of all tanks and will replace them with drones and mobile middle systems like HIMARS.

but I agree other countries prolly look at our boot camp videos and are like what the actual ****
some branches are allowed cell phones in their boot camp! Like what the hell. When I showed up to the recruit depot in sand Diego it was like a jail book in but worse, empty all your pockets and strip down nothing you came with goes with you in the training area. One phone call when we got there and it was a script we had to read to let family know we had arrived at the recruit depot and we had to scream it! My dad who was also a marine was in the other line and said “go become a marine love you see you in 13 weeks”

Last edited:

Iron1

Veteran
Reaction score
I read somewhere this is fake but I could see it happening

That vid is a simulation, it says as much in the vid description but technology is getting there.

It looks like it's even ready to start a cycle at around the 1:20 mark, lol

Last edited:

Gibsonator

Immovable Object
Reaction score
That vid is a simulation, it says as much in the vid description but it's really happening:

Was that robot curling a dumbell?! :32 (6):
Great whats next, robot benchpress world records of 32,000lbs?

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score

It's almost as strong as Chris Cuomo. :32 (18)::32 (18)::32 (18):

Iron1

Veteran
Reaction score

Did you see it with the syringe in it's hand at the 1:20 mark? It's gunning for Mr. O and our women. I'm already losing to a much dumber battery powered device.

New Threads