Pussifying the Military, great.

Boytoy

Elite
Reaction score
Not surprised. Look around. Whole county is turning into a bowl of jello.

They try to take away anything that would make you want to succeed. Doesn't matter if you don't win we give you something anyway. Work? We take it. Don't work? We take care of you.

Gabriel

Reaction score
My son called me yrs ago when he first enlisted..said they gave out Stress Cards..WTF..yeah,so when the Drill Sgt caused you too much stress,you pull out this card and he would leave you alone..

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
My son called me yrs ago when he first enlisted..said they gave out Stress Cards..WTF..yeah,so when the Drill Sgt caused you too much stress,you pull out this card and he would leave you alone..

Gabriel

Reaction score
I could have used that in OCS in the 80's...still have dreams of that shit...BTW,yrs later a fellow church members asked me,"You went through OCS,right?"I said yrs ago,yes...he then asked the 1M dollar Q..."How did you do it?".. I paused and said.."I was too stupid to quit"...

Gibsonator

Immovable Object
Reaction score

You have got to be kidding me...

Gibsonator

Immovable Object
Reaction score
I could have used that in OCS in the 80's...still have dreams of that shit...BTW,yrs later a fellow church members asked me,"You went through OCS,right?"I said yrs ago,yes...he then asked the 1M dollar Q..."How did you do it?".. I paused and said.."I was too stupid to quit"...

Lol Gabriel i had no quit in me either man, even in airborne school when the sergeant airborne were screaming at me as I layed full body cramped from a heat stroke in the August Georgia heat.
Yea the shit was fukking hard, yea I wanted to quit many times, but it was facing that shit day in and day out that hardened me up and turned me into the kind of man you wouldn't want to cross on the battlefield.
I can remember many times I had my face in the sand pit for hours getting smoked til I thought I was gonna die lol
The time a female soldier lost her rifle during a company training exercise so the master sergeant skull dragged us up a steep ass hill not once but twice.
You know that bitch never let go of her rifle ever again after that.

Spongy

Senior Moderator
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Lol Gabriel i had no quit in me either man, even in airborne school when the sergeant airborne were screaming at me as I layed full body cramped from a heat stroke in the August Georgia heat.
Yea the shit was fukking hard, yea I wanted to quit many times, but it was facing that shit day in and day out that hardened me up and turned me into the kind of man you wouldn't want to cross on the battlefield.
I can remember many times I had my face in the sand pit for hours getting smoked til I thought I was gonna die lol
The time a female soldier lost her rifle during a company training exercise so the master sergeant skull dragged us up a steep ass hill not once but twice.
You know that bitch never let go of her rifle ever again after that.

When did you go through airborne? That shit was an absolute breeze in 2006.

BRICKS

Veteran
Reaction score
You have got to be kidding me...

True story bro. My daughter went to Navy boot camp in 2014, same thing. Plus no more dungarees and combat boots. Now they get these really nice sweats, short, and tennis shoes. Reebok and Nike I believe.

Gibsonator

Immovable Object
Reaction score
When did you go through airborne? That shit was an absolute breeze in 2006.

I definately wouldn't call it anything close to an absolute breeze lol.
I'm sure the 100% humidity at 6am everyday wasn't helpful during those 10-12 mile runs maybe that was it lol

Spongy

Senior Moderator
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I definately wouldn't call it anything close to an absolute breeze lol.
I'm sure the 100% humidity at 6am everyday wasn't helpful during those 10-12 mile runs maybe that was it lol

It's funny how fast things can change lol. We didnt even have to do pullups, just pull yourself up and keep yourself pulled up for like, 10 seconds or something stupid. It was definitely the easiest "follow on" training I did. I know it wasnt always that way which is why I was wondering when you went through.

Gibsonator

Immovable Object
Reaction score
It's funny how fast things can change lol. We didnt even have to do pullups, just pull yourself up and keep yourself pulled up for like, 10 seconds or something stupid. It was definitely the easiest "follow on" training I did. I know it wasnt always that way which is why I was wondering when you went through.

Whaaaat?!
We had to do 10 pull ups everytime we left or entered the barracks/company area. Do not pass go until complete.

Boytoy

Elite
Reaction score
One thing we got good i guess is even a pussy can fire a nuke. Guess they figure boots on the ground is a thing of the past or nikes

Gabriel

Reaction score
I was in OCS in 88..they changed the standards..2 mile run went from 13.05 to 11.45...there went my perfect score..what do I look like Ben Johnson..

Texan69

Elite
Reaction score
When I went through marine corps basic and school of infantry In 2010 it was no joke. No stress cards or pussyfied stuff just pure abuse and smoke check the way it should be. From what I’ve heard from young marines it hasn’t changed. Hopefully the marine corps continues to keep that alive and well in basic

I’ve been out a few years but I’m still eligible to re enlist I’ve been thinking about doing the national guard rather than marine corps reserves. They got an airborne company in the Texas national guard I wouldn’t mind giving a go

Spongy

Senior Moderator
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
When I went through marine corps basic and school of infantry In 2010 it was no joke. No stress cards or pussyfied stuff just pure abuse and smoke check the way it should be. From what I’ve heard from young marines it hasn’t changed. Hopefully the marine corps continues to keep that alive and well in basic

I’ve been out a few years but I’m still eligible to re enlist I’ve been thinking about doing the national guard rather than marine corps reserves. They got an airborne company in the Texas national guard I wouldn’t mind giving a go

If you're in TX just go for the 19th SFG. Headquartered out of Utah but there's a contingent in TX.

New Threads