Opinions on the "1 vial test cycle" for a first cycle?

Reaction score
I've been going back and fourth between various cookie-cutter beginner cycles trying to make a decision, and I'm wondering if anyone has any opinions on just simply doing a short 8 week cycle, one injection/week, tapering up and back down on a single vial of test cyp, and a purely clomid pct.

It would look something like this:
week 1: 100mg, add 100mg every week until week 4 at 400, and then 400 for week 5 and back down to 100 for week 8. Two weeks off, then a simple 50mg/day clomid for 20 days.

Basically from everything I've seen on here, everyone reacts different, and it seemed ridiculous planning an extremely autistic 12 week cycle doing multiple injections/week, doing HCG twice a week mid-cycle, small doses of letrozole mid-cycle, switching esters mid cycle, and doubling up on clomid and nolvadex for the PCT, all to find out I actually hate steroids, or that one ingredient of this cycle just doesn't go well with me.

Being mid-20's and extremely healthy has me not really worrying too much about having to do a little trial & error to find what kind of cycles work for me.

Alternatively, I could still keep it simple, but just jump straight in to 500mg/week and stretch it to 10 weeks (gonna have 2 vials anyway), same clomid pct, maybe keep a little nolvadex on hand for any gyno-related emergencies mid-cycle, or even just do 2x250iu/wk hcg mid cycle?

Any suggestions on whether one of those hypothetical cycles would be massively more successful than the other would be much appreciated!

Gibsonator

Immovable Object
Reaction score
How is pinning 250mg twice/week extremely autistic??? Lmao man quit overthinking shit and/or trying to reinvent the wheel.
You wanna try that cycle running 400mg cyp for 2 weeks go right ahead, let us know how it work for ya.
Or you could run the "cookie cutter" 500mg/week for 12-16 weeks...
No mention of an ai only Nolvadex.
Bloodwork?
Current stats?
Training?

Reaction score
Had a feeling at least one person would say that's a waste.
I was leaning towards the 500/wk anyway just curious if anyone had ever messed with anything that small.

Getting a panel done this week just for fun, but going to probably get another panel right before the cycle if it takes over a month to get PCT from overseas.
I left it out, but AI - was going to grab a pack of Aromasin, hoping I won't need it.
Training - I do a 5 day ppl, and 30-60minutes of cardio 7 days a week.
Stats - ?

Trump

Unstoppable Force
Reaction score
you would shut your test down in week 1 so you would be putting less testosterone into your body than your body produces until say week 4. It would be a total waste, you should follow gibs advice

Had a feeling at least one person would say that's a waste.
I was leaning towards the 500/wk anyway just curious if anyone had ever messed with anything that small.

Getting a panel done this week just for fun, but going to probably get another panel right before the cycle if it takes over a month to get PCT from overseas.
I left it out, but AI - was going to grab a pack of Aromasin, hoping I won't need it.
Training - I do a 5 day ppl, and 30-60minutes of cardio 7 days a week.
Stats - ?

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
The lowest that in my opinion would even be worth doing, would be 300 mg per week, for 13 weeks. That'll be your 2 vials, assuming they're 200mg/ml with 10 mls total per vial.

The lower the dose, the less likely you'll experience unwanted side effects, but obviously less of the good effects as well.

I'd say get a 3rd vial, do 400 mg per week for 14 weeks. The math shows enough for 15 weeks, but there's always a little bit lost in each vial.

Glad to hear that you're getting bloodwork done, getting your PCT and AIs ready beforehand.

DieYoungStrong

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I'll be the contrarion - the 1 vial test cycle was a thing. I did it myself as an early cycle in the late 90s/early 2000s. And got gains. It was a little "poor man's" cycle.

Test was HG and much more expensive back then. If you have a good UGL source, you may as well get 20ml and just run 500mg/week.

brock8282

Elite
Reaction score
I'll be the contrarion - the 1 vial test cycle was a thing. I did it myself as an early cycle in the late 90s/early 2000s. And got gains. It was a little "poor man's" cycle.

Test was HG and much more expensive back then. If you have a good UGL source, you may as well get 20ml and just run 500mg/week.

glad someone said this. Especially in the UK im seeing alot more people recommend 250mg/week for a first cycle. Even if you convert on the poorer side of 4-5x you are still producing supraphysiologic levels of test and the progress i see most people make using that amount on a first cycle is typically just as good as 500mg after the cycle is complete. 500mg just usually appears better during from the added water retention. Regardless of dose your body can only create so much pure muscle. Goes along with the idea of getting the most from the least and then your subsequent cycles can be less then if you did 500mg to start. Personally i wish i would have went that route as my first cycle was 400mg (thai cypionax 2 amps a week at 200mg/2ml). and then after i went down to 250mg ugl test and still made an absolute ton of progress and looked better while doing it.

so op my advice is do 250mg a week for 10 weeks and see how you get on with it.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thanks, yeah what I was referring to is that old practice of the 90's poor-mans cycle.

Anyway, I have more than a month to think it over and decide if I want to do 250 or 500/wk. Going to order PCT in the next couple of days.

Not planning on using everything, nor even half of this, but is it still overkill? Should I just pick up the couple packs of Arimidex and the bottle of clomid and call it a day?

1x - Clomid 50x50mg
1x - Nolvadex 100x20mg
2x - 5k IU HCG
2x - Arimidex 10x1mg

Roughly $130 shipped.

BigSwolePump

Elite
Reaction score
I see nothing wrong with 250mg per week as a first cycle. I used Sustonon 250 Redijects years ago at one per week with awesome gains. It would give you an idea how your body reacts to test with very little, if any sides.

I wouldn't advise doing it more than once though. No other cycle will ever be like the first one so keep that in mind as you may miss an opportunity that you will never get back.

Reaction score
these guys already said it all......most people run 500mg of test for 12 weeks their first cycle....you will be amazed at the results. Like it has already been said dont try to reinvent the wheel.....

Last edited:

New Threads