Melatonin for better sleep?

Rider

Elite
Reaction score
For me, it doesn’t work. Naturally I have insomnia, always did. It’s not worth buying imho, just a waste of money.

bigdog

Elite
Reaction score
Never had a side effect and it helps me sleep better personally.

lfod14

Reaction score
Is anyone using this? I've read the side effects on the internet, but I want to hear about real experiences as it could be different from person to person. Anyone? :)

Never heard of people having sides from it, been taking it for years. Works great, the majority of people have artificially reduced Melatonin production thanks to the lives we live and fake blue light right up to bed time. Melatonin is for helping you get to sleep, has little to do with keeping you that way so gotta take that into acct. If you're constantly waking up as well make sure you're winding down at least 2hrs prior and stack the Melatonin with 5-HTP, PharaGABA and Magnesium.

lfod14

Reaction score
For me, it doesn’t work. Naturally I have insomnia, always did. It’s not worth buying imho, just a waste of money.

Hardly a waste of money, you can't say it doesn't work when you have actual Insomnia, with Insomnia you can't stay sleeping which Melatonin can't help with. Wrong drug for the job. Aside from all the good things to do for Insomnia (which I know you're WELL aware of) you can try Doc Parsley's Sleep Remedy, it was made by a Navy Seal Doc that worked with all the Seals with completely un-fixable sleep cycles. The cheapskate ripoff is Melatonin (still part of it), 5-HTP, PharmaGABA, Magnesium. My father spent 20yrs fighting insomnia and that helps him huge, I'm not gonna say he sleeps normal now because he doesn't, but he sleeps much more like a human being than every before. The real thing is better, but it's a little pricey.

white ape

Elite
Reaction score
Found that I needed higher and higher doses. Switched to Valerian Root. Never looked back

MS1605

Elite
Reaction score
Does absolutley nothing for me. I have experimented up to some pretty high doses because chemicals have a very different effect on me then most and still nothing. Also tried like 5 different brands just to narrow that out.

Dad on the other hand has been taking 8mg for about a year and loves it.

GF no doubt has undiagnosed insomnia and if she dosnt take it will get maybe 1 hour of sleep. If she does she gets about 3 hours. She is really into natural stuff and will absolutely not take anything synthesized in a lab other then melatonin so we had just recently talked about getting her a pen and seeing if a little THC will help her.

Rhino99

Elite
Reaction score
Doesn't work well for me either.
To fall asleep 2 shots of zzquil.
To get into a deep sleep and stay there - GABA. Try it.

white ape

Elite
Reaction score
What dosage do you take and how long before bed?

i do the liquid in water. Full dropper plus maybe a little extra. I think the directions is 15 droplets or something like that. I don’t know.... 30-40 minutes before bed. I haven’t taken it since my son was born because it helped me sleep so well.

thing with valerian root is that it builds up in your body. So the more consistent you are with taking it, the better the results.

it’s also fun to give a few droplets (like 6 mixed in water) to cats. They fight like drunk people for 30 minutes and then pass out

NbleSavage

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
5mg and a hit of Indica and I sleep like a baby. I wake up kinda foggy but as soon as I actually get out of bed I'm fine.

This is The Way.

Low dose Melatonin and a bit of Indica works fer me most nights when I've had a rough day, can't turn me head off, etc.

Tinbeater36

Reaction score
10mg a night and no issues. Definitely helps me fall asleep, can't say that it really helps me stay asleep though.

New Threads