Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Boards

Thanks

Boards

I'm not a good writer and as you all know, my first language isn't English but I'd like to talk about boards. I don't know about you, guys, but I joined my first bodybuilding board in the 90's. It was a French forum with a lot of members and activity but you know the French, they think they rule the world. Anyway I got bored and left.

The first US big bodybuilding I joined was SSB. Gymace was an European like I am and we could get along pretty well. I made it to VIP ... before being banned for calling another member a scammer (I never got the stuff I had paid for). I know it wasn't GA's decision to ban me, he was sad about the whole situation but it was a staff decision and there is nothing he could do about it. At the time I was a member at other boards: some went down, others changed names or are still around: infinity muscle, millenium muscle, BBD, genxxl, professional muscle, freakzonline, Musclemorphism, thevipboard and many many others. It was hard to keep up with all of them. Of course as you know they were open sources boards ... That's when Raw Deal happened --- many people got busted including Gymace, JTP and others.

Raw Deal changed things. People were kinda scared of joining open boards. They thought that L.E. might be lurking (remember that at SSB L.E. impersonated a source, taking orders and everything). A lot of small boards opened but many didn't last long. Some are still around but are struggling to survive. People join because they are invited but they stop posting after a while. It's a sad situation but there is nothing you can do about it. Small boards are born to die if they don't find a way to increase traffic. Of course they can have contests and everything to attract more members but then again people will join trying to win and then will leave eventually.

My home board is one of the best ever, basskiller's WCBB. I couldn't believe it when he asked me to be a mod there, it was a honor! Everybody knows basskiller, he's a famous guy and yet he's a friend, he's always there when I need him. Worldclassbodybuilding is a great community where no bashing is allowed. WCBB is not a source board which makes it very safe (if you're not a member there yet, please feel free to check it out and feel free to tell bass that I invited you there).

I don't think that there's a magical "recipe" to make of a board a big hit. Let's say that a knowledgeable staff and great posts/articles are a good start.

MG

Thanks

Re: Boards

I joined Elite-Bodiez about a month ago. That was my first gear board. People starting complaining about not getting their gear, and POOF!, the site disappeared. I found this site and joined right away. I was saved from ordering from Z, met new friends here at SI, and am getting ready to run my very first AAS cycle in a few more weeks. I joined ology last week because a lot of members here are members on that site- but it is a bit too cumbersome for me. Way too big.....sometimes big isn't always better. Have the seen the latest thread of Herm with his dog and girl? TOO BIG.

Thanks

I forgot to tell that giving status to everybody who is somebody somewhere isn't a guarantee for traffic. I still think that status should be earned not given. That was like that when I joined SSB, you had to post and reach 3,000 posts before turning a VIP and that was an incentive to post (the posts in "Introduction" didn't increase your post counts).

Zeek

Keep the discussion going guys I thionk this is a great thread topic but I would like to focus in on what kills many of these boards. Because lets face it 90% o the boards or more are dead zones!

I am trying to do different things here by not consoring members, letting them discuss brands prices anything they want really with the exception of private sources that we must respect.

Anyway off to PT but when I get back I would love to get into this more! ty Mill girl!

I believe the key to success of a bor dis the newbie memer and your ability to attract them to your board and help them. Not dividing them into nobody status by making half the board vets and the other half vips is a big key to it all I beliieve.

I try and will continue to try harder in ways to make the members run this board! Not me or my staff per say but the members themselves!

Thanks

What kills boards is that there are too many .... boards around. Only the strongest survive. It's sad but it's how it is.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,297 Times in 1,778 Posts

I know what can kill an Hrt forum, but mummmmmms the word.

Pushing shit sponsors, aholes, douch bag mods and or admin. members being disrespected by other members, mods/admin.

Thanks

I truly started with ology, I was on that site everyday , eatin shittin drinkin watching tv on ology but after a while I noticed that members weren't treated well plus there is a restriction on what u can say about labs etc. People should be able to speak there mind but respectful. I also noticed the bashing on ? When a newbie would ask. I got a invite from CFM and it was the best thing I did. This Board for me is the Best. I quote papa Zeek" [B]Members come first"[B]. This is y I ain't going no where.

Thanks

What kills a board for me is assholes, too much spam, disinformation (pushing bad sponsors), bad info and just being dead. I like it here the most because each day there are new posts that are interesting and I learn from. I am online all day long for school, so I spend many hours on here a day and it is always being updated with new posts. Other places I check everyday and there might be a couple new posts in the forums I care about.

Side note, I knew you were in Europe Millgirl, but had no clue english wasn\'t your first language. You speak it very well!

Thanks

Here's what I have found that makes SI a little different than everyone else:

An overwelming amount of members seem to use dom sources instead of those big name european sources-this seems to set the tone here at SI different right off

I don't see a lot of that kindergarden business where members are lecturing new guys about their cycles, gear, lack of knowledge, etc.

Overwelming sense of people trying to be helpful (shout outs to Rowdy, Herm, Andro, etc, ect, etc.)

I feel like I am around adults....not children. I like our 30's, 40's and 50's members. Makes for more mature dialogue. Ever been to T-Nation???

And finally....I mostly get the same answer when I ask questions. If I ask,"What do you guys suggest for PCT after 1st Test Cycle?", I get very similar answers. Makes me think people actually know what they are talking about. Ever been to BB.com??

Fallen Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,727 Times in 3,234 Posts

I have had so many different types of experiences on boards, some good, some bad and some just straight out boring. I don't have a lot of free time so I want a board I feel comfortable being on and that's what SI does for me
    [SIZE=2][B][FONT=&amp][B]Peace Out..............Have a Beautiful Life........................See You On the Other-side!!!![/B][/FONT][/B][/SIZE]

Thanks
    Thanked 18,093 Times in 7,795 Posts

My first Board was the Iron Den. It put me next to some seriously knowledgeable Veterans... Some of the top guys for me were Get Some, Lizard King, Someanddone and Admin(our owner) was always around to sort of help me understand what the community really was and how to manage personalities better. And then there were a few guys that I thought were respectable Vets that turned out to be quite the opposite. Probably wouldn't have realized it if not for Admin giving me a clue.

I've suffered a lot of disappointments as a new guy to the boards. At one point I was a member of so many Boards it was just insane. But I just wanted to see what this "community" was everyone was talking about. I think I can almost name all of them...

The Iron Den
    World Class Bodybuilding
    Mesomorphosis
    Anabolic Pit
    Datbtrue
    MeatHedz
    Musclebound Mayhem
    The VIP Board
    Professional muscle
    Outlaw Muscle

I think that was it...

Nowadays I only visit SI, TID, WCBB and Meso for entertainment. The rest I'd be happy to never log into again. A couple I'm not welcome at anyway
    "Overzealous dosing" -Jin

Rest in Peace Robot Lord. First round of Natty Boh is on me when I make it up there with you brother.

Thanks

I personally think we have something special here... being able to differentiate from all the "run of the mill" boards, which I was on years & years ago, is huge. (Lots of people just spend hours trying to research and weed through the BS info @ those places so the "true" member count is lower than advertised IMO because many don't even post... for fear or whatever else)
    Based on my experience with life, AAS, boards, websites in general and dealing with the internet "public @ large" it takes something special to draw REAL members/people/customers/viewers/collaborators/teammates/colleagues....etc.

I have been part of many very successful winning teams/initiatives/groups and the like... after you taste winning everything else tastes like AASSHOLE because the winning group makes you better all around... competing/sharing/learning/fighting with the best makes you the best. So I have a nose for special things like that and at the risk of sounding like an ass or snob i will say that I won't associate myself with anything less than what can elevate me in more than one facet of life. (i.e.: if x_board HAS the best of the best in x_category but they were all jerks that doesn't really help you grow & elevate yourself/your game because the other essential pieces aren't there)

SI SMELLLLS GOOD BROTHERS... take in a nice long whiff of that shit and feel good about being here! Participate and you will grow in strides along with this budding community!

Although I have not known all of you for super long periods of time I know what I see... and will say that we have some of the best bros I have yet to meet here! ONE OF THE BEST PARTS: We are ALL interested in helping the next guy BECOME his best - EVEN the greenest of the green. This is not a standard find and we have special elements at work here.

I have said similar stuff in other threads here on SI but I believe it so I will say it again each time I feel the need because the new guys need to see it also.

Anro singing out... sorry for the novel

Thanks
    Originally Posted by PillarofBalance View Post
    My first Board was the Iron Den. It put me next to some seriously knowledgeable Veterans... Some of the top guys for me were Get Some, Lizard King, Someanddone and Admin(our owner) was always around to sort of help me understand what the community really was and how to manage personalities better. And then there were a few guys that I thought were respectable Vets that turned out to be quite the opposite. Probably wouldn't have realized it if not for Admin giving me a clue.

I've suffered a lot of disappointments as a new guy to the boards. At one point I was a member of so many Boards it was just insane. But I just wanted to see what this "community" was everyone was talking about. I think I can almost name all of them...

The Iron Den
    World Class Bodybuilding
    Mesomorphosis
    Hardcore Mass
    Subzero Bodybuilding
    Blood and Guts Bodybuilding
    Anabolic Pit
    Datbtrue
    MeatHedz
    Musclebound Mayhem
    The VIP Board
    Professional muscle
    Outlaw Muscle

I think that was it...

Nowadays I only visit SI, TID, WCBB and Meso for entertainment. The rest I'd be happy to never log into again. A couple I'm not welcome at anyway
    Why you would go to olm and pm after being on the den is beyond me.

There is a lot of knowledge on HCM that I used to have access to on the den.

Dat is by far the best place to go if you want to learn about peptides. It wont be an easy read but you will leave with a greater sense of understanding than you can get anywhere else.

Zeek

69 I feel you bro and respect what you are saying but PM with all it's drawbacks does have first off a shit ton of activity followed by occasional really good posts about some thing sthat really matter ot us and most important

Scammers... I know who is scamming when before everyone else around the boardds because I see the neg feedback go up[ before the mods get a chance to gank it off!! I stalk that board for this info!

Otherwise , you guys are giving great lessons with the info you are sharing and I am taking notes here!!! trust that

Originally Posted by 69nites View Post

Dat is by far the best place to go if you want to learn about peptides. It wont be an easy read but you will leave with a greater sense of understanding than you can get anywhere else.

Thanks

"after you taste winning everything else tastes like AASSHOLE" ~AndroSport

HAHahahahaha ****ing clasic!

Zeek

I know the secret to a big active board!! Newbies guys!!! plz as we bring them treat them well and teach them the right way in a kind and brotherly fashion. Pretty much EXACTLY as you guys have been doing! and mark my words we will grow large!

Now yes with an influx of ppl and newbies we are going to have assholes sneak in here! give ppl a chance since everyone can have a bad day or two but we need to keep these ppl out or they grow like a cancer and spread their misery.

Anyway lets keep the ball going in wht makes the boards fail!! this is great stuff!

Thanks
    Thanked 18,093 Times in 7,795 Posts
    Originally Posted by 69nites View Post

Ya hear people talk about em is all. I don't use the same handle for those boards... Plus HK at OLM

Dat is definitely a brainy place and I like it quite a bit. Learned the foundation of GH use there.

I don't want to board bash and I won't talk shit about the owner of HCM or any member there, but I hear some things that leave me scratching my head. I'll leave it at that.
    "Overzealous dosing" -Jin

Rest in Peace Robot Lord. First round of Natty Boh is on me when I make it up there with you brother.

Thanks

Very cool MG.

Thanks

this is the shit!! good people good info.

Thanks
    Originally Posted by PillarofBalance View Post
    I don't want to board bash and I won't talk shit about the owner of HCM or any member there, but I hear some things that leave me scratching my head. I'll leave it at that.
    Ya, I stay out of the board politics over there because I disagree with some of it but the experience level over there gives it so much value. I really respect aj's input on anything bb related and wish things had turned out differently.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast