Mask use for working out

mugzy

Administrator
Reaction score
I'm struggling on leg days to get air through the mask quick enough. I have looked at many masks however haven't found one I believe will help.

What are you using for a mask when you workout? Brand, type, etc.

Seeker

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Mugzy, some of the popular sports companies now offer exercising masks. Adidas, Under Armour and others. I don't own one of those but I know they have them.
Forget those cloth masks for sure.

DF

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
The wife gave me one of those Gaiter deals. This type is tons better than a traditional mask even cloth types. I just started trying to squat again... even a Gaiter sucks But it’s better than no gym at all.

Bro Bundy

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I’m just gonna sit it out .. I can’t train with a mask over my mouth

Robdjents

Ski bum
Reaction score
So thankful my gym is always empty and masks aren't really needed..I cant imagine squatting with one on

Bro Bundy

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Robberies are up since the stupid mask laws

Bobbyloads

Elite
Reaction score
Damn you guys have to wear face masks while working out?

Only 1 gym I went to by my house made me wear it to walk in then no one cared after that.

That sucks I don't think I would be able to do it either.

Uncle manny

Elite
Reaction score
I usually keep mine under my nose but for a set of squats or dead’s, I’ll usually pull it down if needed for some breaths. It’s really not safe to train the way we do and not be able to get adequate oxygen. Dk how busy your gym is if you can get away with that.

lfod14

Reaction score
I'm struggling on leg days to get air through the mask quick enough. I have looked at many masks however haven't found one I believe will help.

What are you using for a mask when you workout? Brand, type, etc.

That sucks you have to wear a mask when lifting, here you just need to allegedly keep the "social distance" which nobody cares about. I'd check your states exec orders on it, my brother though he had to wear a mask in his state and when I checked the exec order that wasn't true if he was working out (and) kept distance. He showed it to the gym owner and they stopped making people do it.

JAXNY

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Fortunately my gym only requires you to have a mask on when you enter the gym and then allows you to take it off during your work out. I know, it makes no sense.
In my opinion its dangerous to workout with a mask, inhaling your own C02.
I did use one gym prior that required a mask during your workout. I couldn't do it. I just pulled the mask below my nose and only covered my mouth. It helped some.

simplesteve

Elite
Reaction score
Robberies are up since the stupid mask laws

We had a mask mandate go into affect back in July, and soon after someone robbed a bank nearby.... However; he decided not to wear a mask..?.

The gas stations and gyms I go in don't care if you have a mask on or not. They have signs stating it's mandated but no one enforces it, and no one's said anything to me yet about not wearing.

Merlin

Reaction score
2Q==
I just wear the leather dominatrix mask with the zipper. Can unzip to breathe when i need to

bigdog

Elite
Reaction score
Glad my gym is private and don't require masks. I hate wearing them in stores so I know working out with it would suck. I just use the ones from SA company that I ride my motorcycle with. On the bike air blows through so its not bad. Walking around with it is a different story.

Sicwun88

Reaction score
I cheat & pull mine down,.fux it,
Can't breathe especially w cardio!
Tren & mask don't go well together!!

transcend2007

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
The science shows that cloth masks do virtually nothing ... accept restrict breathing (oxygen) for the person wearing it (bad for working out in for sure) ... it is 100% psychological for people feel like they are doing something ... perhaps give your gym a white paper on what JOKE this subject is ...

BigSwolePump

Elite
Reaction score
People actually wear masks while working out? Dangerous if you train with any intensity at all. Goddamn I am glad that I don't live in a shitty state.

Reaction score
I'm in Florida our Gov is pretty good to us the mask mandate came down the first of the week. Towels are required & they still want you to wipe down the weights which most are pretty good at. All equipment is open with no problem of spacing between Id say we're pretty much good to go.

New Threads