Bloodwork results near end of cycle

dragon1952

Elite
Reaction score
I'm 18 weeks into pinning test cyp (and prop for a while) @ 600mg/wk and 12 weeks into pinning Deca @ 400mg/wk. I used Dbol during the first half of the cycle. Just wanting some feedback on my bloodwork results and wondering how they look considering my cycle length and dosages. I didn't intend to go quite this long but when I added Deca decided to extend it a bit. Total weight gain up 23 lbs from 174 to 197.

total cholesterol = 153 (< 200 mg/dl) (pre cycle was always usually 180-ish)
HDL = 36 (> or = 40mg/dl) - low
LDL = 102 (<100 mg/dl) - high
Estradiol - 84 (< or = 39 pg/ml) - high and to be expected
AST = 34 (10-35 U/L) - slightly low
ALT = 78 (9-46 U/L) - high and actually up from 73 two months ago even with no orals and cutting out NSAIDs/Tylenol
BUN = 33 (7-25 mg/dl) - high
eGFR = 62 (> or = 60) - this was at 55 just 2 months ago but I quit taking NSAIDS, Tylenol and creatine
BUN/Creatinine ratio = 27 (6-22) - high

Still awaiting total T. And I thought I ordered blood analysis for hemoglobin/hematocrit, RBC etc but I guess I ordered the wrong panel.

Any input appreciated.

Last edited:

dragon1952

Elite
Reaction score
Get that e2 down! How do you feel that high...much over 60 and I feel like a little girl

I really don't notice much to be honest. No obvious water retention, no swelling, no boobs. About the only symptom is I do tear up a bit watching sad/happy TV and movies.
I guess that's the little girl part. However, I did start taking Aromasin 12.5 EOD just 3 wks ago but then stopped for over a week because my back broke out bigtime with acne and I'd never had that before. Just started the Aromasin back up this week though.

brock8282

Elite
Reaction score
if you are trying to grow, and not getting negative side effects from it, let estrogen run high. better for growth and better for your health.
alt high is not a big concern as its likely from training. How's your blood pressure?

Robdjents

Ski bum
Reaction score
if you are trying to grow, and not getting negative side effects from it, let estrogen run high. better for growth and better for your health.
alt high is not a big concern as its likely from training. How's your blood pressure?

I trust everything you say i had no idea higher estrogen was better for health..could you explain more? Not sarcastic at all serious question

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
Dude, your egfr is a problem. You're bordering on the edge of reduced kidney function, and kidneys don't get better.

Your Dr has never brought this up???

How have all your other previous tests been?

dragon1952

Elite
Reaction score
Dude, your egfr is a problem. You're bordering on the edge of reduced kidney function, and kidneys don't get better.

Pre-cycle my eGFR was >60 and I looked back further and it was always >60 so they didn't do an exact measurement. In Aug it was 55 and then I cut out all NSAID's and Tylenol and in 2 months it is now 62 so I'm assuming it could improve even further. From what I understand BUN and eGFR can be elevated due to a high protein diet which I have been on for over 4 months. My doc doesn't know about the 55 or these latest tests. I wanted to see if the eGFR would improve by eliminating the items I mentioned first.

dragon1952

Elite
Reaction score
Total T just came back at >3000 so I won't know the exact figure. Last time I tested it was 4291.

dragon1952

Elite
Reaction score

I've read that re: E2 also which is one reason I haven't been too concerned given the lack of other sides. I've been monitoring BP throughout the cycle and it was always normal, which for me is around 120/80 give or take. The past few weeks though I've noticed some high readings the highest being 150/100 but most are much lower like 140/90 or 130's/mid-80's but I've also had many normal readings, even as low as 110/75 so it's not steady high anyway. I did start the aromasin when my BP started rising as I've read high E2 can affect BP. My pulse rate has been up at least the 2nd half of the cycle. I think I was usually high 60's/low 70's and now it's mid-high 70's to mid 80's.

Last edited:

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
Pre-cycle my eGFR was >60 and I looked back further and it was always >60 so they didn't do an exact measurement. In Aug it was 55 and then I cut out all NSAID's and Tylenol and in 2 months it is now 62 so I'm assuming it could improve even further. From what I understand BUN and eGFR can be elevated due to a high protein diet which I have been on for over 4 months. My doc doesn't know about the 55 or these latest tests. I wanted to see if the eGFR would improve by eliminating the items I mentioned first.

Normal is closer to 100. When it gets below 60, that's when it's really a problem.

I wouldn't mess around with it, I'd ask your Dr for more frequent tests to make sure it's improving.

Merlin

Reaction score
I agree with CJ on the GFR. Chronic kidney disease results as from a GFR < 60ml/min for greater than 3 months. Average GFR in adults is about 100-125 ml/min which depends on your cardiac output. How old are you? Hypertension is responsible for a vast amount of kidney disease next to diabetes. Hypertension + gear + supplements + NSAIDs = a lot of stress on kidneys. Its good you stopped the NSAIDs the inhibition on prostaglandins really hurts kidneys if function is not optimal

dragon1952

Elite
Reaction score
I'm 67 and from what I see online normal for my age is around 85 eGFR. I am definitely planning on keeping a close eye on it.

Reactions: CJ

brock8282

Elite
Reaction score
I trust everything you say i had no idea higher estrogen was better for health..could you explain more? Not sarcastic at all serious question

assuming you arent holding a bunch of extra water to the point of causing high blood pressure then yes. Higher levels of estrogen increases hdl and generally normalizes ldl, cholesterol, and triglycerides.

Texan69

Elite
Reaction score

i was gonna say the same, I tend to feel better when my estrogen is above 65-70 during a blast but not over 90. Trt dose i notice it more if it gets over 60.

BRICKS

Veteran
Reaction score

Your GFR is a calculated number using your serum creatinine. His number indeed could represent kidney failure, however a number of other things can affect this. Supplemental creatine can definitely affect your GFR calculation, as can diuretics taken for HTN, like HCTZ. If you can't explain the decrease in GFR with benign things like that, and it tends downward, then yeah, the beans could be taking a hit. My GFR dropped into renal failure range when I started HCTZ for hypertension and has reminded there but hasn't changed. Not a problem.

BUN will be high on a high protein diet.

ALT/AST high from intense weight training, and that number isn't very high. I've seen them in the 400s. Now that's a problem.

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
Your GFR is a calculated number using your serum creatinine. His number indeed could represent kidney failure, however a number of other things can affect this. Supplemental creatine can definitely affect your GFR calculation, as can diuretics taken for HTN, like HCTZ. If you can't explain the decrease in GFR with benign things like that, and it tends downward, then yeah, the beans could be taking a hit. My GFR dropped into renal failure range when I started HCTZ for hypertension and has reminded there but hasn't changed. Not a problem.

BUN will be high on a high protein diet.

ALT/AST high from intense weight training, and that number isn't very high. I've seen them in the 400s. Now that's a problem.

Good info to have, thank you Bricks!!!

dragon1952

Elite
Reaction score
I haven't ever had E2 issues and didn't on this cycle. Seems I can handle 84 pretty well. I did experiment with Aromasin @ 12.5 EOD towards the end of the cycle to see if it helped my BP any but I really didn't notice any difference in how I felt.

Blacktail

Reaction score
My GFR came back at 62 and I’m a little freaked out. My BUN is 15 and my creatinine is 1.23. Those both in range. Going back in a month to recheck.

Rot-Iron66

Elite
Reaction score
I'm 67 and from what I see online normal for my age is around 85 eGFR. I am definitely planning on keeping a close eye on it.

At 67, Orals and that much gear, I'd be careful and get bloods every 12 weeks to be honest.