Push Pull Legs tip for arm development

brock8282

Elite
Reaction score
I know a lot of people worry about their arm development on this split. So I wanted to share something I’ve been doing recently and rather enjoy.
For biceps specifically after hitting my back movements hard I often find my bicep training suboptimal as I’m physically exhausted and end up rushing through biceps. SO I’ve started doing no bicep work on pull days. Instead I start my leg days with bicep work. I bang out some quality bicep work then take 5-10 minutes doing mobility stuff for my legs (I always do this regardless) and then get to my leg movements. Bicep work doesn’t take a toll on you physically so I’m still able to go just as hard on legs and on top of that my biceps actually get some quality work as well.

Just sad it took me this long to figure this out.

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
I know a lot of people worry about their arm development on this split. So I wanted to share something I’ve been doing recently and rather enjoy.
For biceps specifically after hitting my back movements hard I often find my bicep training suboptimal as I’m physically exhausted and end up rushing through biceps. SO I’ve started doing no bicep work on pull days. Instead I start my leg days with bicep work. I bang out some quality bicep work then take 5-10 minutes doing mobility stuff for my legs (I always do this regardless) and then get to my leg movements. Bicep work doesn’t take a toll on you physically so I’m still able to go just as hard on legs and on top of that my biceps actually get some quality work as well.

Just sad it took me this long to figure this out.

Always lift arms on leg day.

Everybody knows this...... ;)

dreamscraper

Reaction score
I just do biceps as an extra workout, at home and not the day before back.
I just love the concept of extra workouts from Louie Simmons. These small workouts outside the gym. Also why I like the combination of having a minimalist home gym but with good basic stuff and the actual commercial gym. My home gym is compliment to my gym membership, not a replacement.

transcend2007

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Muscle Now workout has biceps on leg day as well ... only difference is after legs ... I've done the routine on and off for 10 years ...

I believe the concept is most (including me) dread leg day but enjoy working arms ... biceps in particularly ... by putting them together they miss far few leg days ... its very sound logic and has worked for me ...

BigSwolePump

Elite
Reaction score
I have a day set aside for arms these days. I also work biceps with back and triceps with chest.

I can see how working them on leg day could be beneficial for some though. It could potentially get a guy to the gym on leg day when they may otherwise find it easy to skip that day all together.

Personally, I like leg day but if I worked arms first, I'd likely give less attention to legs because whatever I train, I train hard. After my arm day is finished, I'd have trouble lifting plates to put on the bar. If I could lift a plate, I didn't train em hard enough.

brock8282

Elite
Reaction score
Mind you it’s just biceps before legs, no way do I think someone could do an effective bicep and Tricep workout before legs and still be able to bring full intensity to a leg workout. Stuff like close grip presses and weighted dips would take too much out of you. Plus I’m a lower volume guy so I’m doing all of 5 working sets for biceps.

Ragingmenace223

Reaction score
Yeah I don’t like the back n his chest n tris routine either. I personally hit side delta and traps Ed since they are weak points n seem to be improving.
I like traing bus n tris on my last work our day n I might throw hammers in on back or close grip n dips on chest day.
By time I do back chest shoulders then legs my arms are well rested. Another area I’m having issues with. I can’t get past 18 inches lol

BrotherIron

Reaction score
Muscle Now workout has biceps on leg day as well ... only difference is after legs ... I've done the routine on and off for 10 years ...

I believe the concept is most (including me) dread leg day but enjoy working arms ... biceps in particularly ... by putting them together they miss far few leg days ... its very sound logic and has worked for me ...

I don't understand that. Leg day or squat day for me is by far my favorite day.

Reactions: CJ

Trump

Unstoppable Force
Reaction score
who is most?? I think an arm only day is the most boring day I can think of. I tend to only do arm only day if i fancy going in on my day off

Ragingmenace223

Reaction score
To each ther own I really only do it on fridays so my arms look bigger when I go out lol. Seem to be keeping my pum these days.
I put them together cause I can go back n forth and get it in if I did legs to. I’d have to do so much more since I do lateral raises n traps Ed.
All about time for me I only have n ur total on most days to train

BigSwolePump

Elite
Reaction score
Mind you it’s just biceps before legs, no way do I think someone could do an effective bicep and Tricep workout before legs and still be able to bring full intensity to a leg workout. Stuff like close grip presses and weighted dips would take too much out of you. Plus I’m a lower volume guy so I’m doing all of 5 working sets for biceps.

This makes more sense to me. 5 sets of biceps and I believe that I could still get a productive leg day in.

Everyone has a different approach. Whatever works for you is the right way to to it.

New Threads