need some help with the bucket list

Ragingmenace223

Reaction score
I have been training off and on now for years and now at 41 im probably at my leanest.
I decided i wanna do a show just to do one. So i have looked online and reached out to a few things i found but didnt get a response.
If any one knows how i can just find a local show and which ones are the best id greatly appreciate it.
I also have been advised to get a coach so im going to do that im not to far from the d.c area if anyone knows one, that would be awesome.
Who know i might give them a run for money if i actually diet and get with a coach.
Only one way to find out.....Thx all

brock8282

Elite
Reaction score
Find your states NPC page. That will have all the show listings, but the 2021 schedule won’t be out yet but it will be similar to the 2019 schedule (2020 is all screwed up obviously). As far as a coach, no reason to look for someone local. Pretty much everyone will have you do all your communications and picture sending either via email or text.

some coaches i have worked with and liked or people i know have worked with and liked:
Alex Kikel
Justin Harris
Dusty Hanshaw
Scott Stevenson
Skip Hill

Last edited:

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
Dammmmn, Brock dropping some names!!!! :32 (6):

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
Find your states NPC page. That will have all the show listings, but the 2021 schedule won’t be out yet but it will be similar to the 2019 schedule (2020 is all screwed up obviously).
Brock got ya covered.

Oh I'm going to get blasted for this but find someone who knows what they are doing for your posing. Please save me the "Even Tiger Woods has a coach" shit. Posing is so important and so overlooked.

If you have never seen a LOCAL show, go to one. Make sure you see the judging and not just the night show. The places have already been set by that time and it's just fluff for the audience.

You do this right, you'll swear to never do it again. lol

Sicwun88

Reaction score
Good luck! I've never competed,but grew up, trained & been around guys tht did!
Serious dedication!

Ragingmenace223

Reaction score
Find your states NPC page. That will have all the show listings, but the 2021 schedule won’t be out yet but it will be similar to the 2019 schedule (2020 is all screwed up obviously). As far as a coach, no reason to look for someone local. Pretty much everyone will have you do all your communications and picture sending either via email or text.

some coaches i have worked with and liked or people i know have worked with and liked:
Alex Kikel
Justin Harris
Dusty Hanshaw
Scott Stevenson
Skip Hill
. I pulled the local page up and they say every one is tested and I’m definitely not natural so I can’t do those. Any othe suggestions

Ragingmenace223

Reaction score
Brock got ya covered.

Oh I'm going to get blasted for this but find someone who knows what they are doing for your posing. Please save me the "Even Tiger Woods has a coach" shit. Posing is so important and so overlooked.

If you have never seen a LOCAL show, go to one. Make sure you see the judging and not just the night show. The places have already been set by that time and it's just fluff for the audience.

You do this right, you'll swear to never do it again. lol
I most definitely need a coach to fine tune never had to diet I stay around 7% do won’t be hard to get a lil down I am an all in or out kind of guy so I definitely won’t have ass it I’ll look for a show to go to ones coming up this month but everything I see tests and I’m not getting off my trt so I need to find one they don’t test. Or is it as easy as just taking pee?

bvs

Elite
Reaction score
Get a coach
Plan everything out early (food, tan, trunks, entry fees etc)
Do posing lessons
Practice your posing routine daily
Enjoy yourself on show day, its such a buzz!

brock8282

Elite
Reaction score
tbh man as lean as you are, you would maybe get away with an 8 week prep but 12 would still be better. Your strength on stage will be how shredded you can be. So why rush and not let that shine, Based off you saying you are near the dc area, im guessing you looked at the npc mid atlantic site? It does seem the only shows left this year are natural shows all other ones were cancelled. Contest Season will pick back up end of march or early April.

Charger69

Reaction score
I started competing at 46... all natural. I started out at 240 and got down to 165. I placed third. I was bitten by the bug. I still am competing.. at least trying to. LOL
I soon learned that competing all natural in a non tested environment does not go well as you progress.
You can do this. You really need a coach. I didn’t have one until 3 years ago because I had other bodybuilders helping me. There is so much going on prior to a competition.. water, caloric deficit, carb deprivation, carb loading, and the timing of all of this. I literally change so much the last two days. I go to bed and the next morning everything changes .
Posing- you need to pose daily prior to a show. Wife or GF will think that you are in love with yourself because you keep posing in the mirror. Don’t mind them.. perfect each pose- hide your weakness and expose strengths. As your body goes through the precinto changes, adjust your poses if required.
Flex every muscle... double bicep, you are flexing your legs also.
Remember- relaxed pose is anything but relaxed. LOL
Good luck. Keep us informed.

Ragingmenace223

Reaction score
awesome thx i was wondering i just not real sure how to navigate the page but thx i will. why just go some what at my best at 12 weeks i could look serious with the right coach but i think i could use a lil more the posing. i also have some problem area im working on them but my back is goes. as fars as separation and not size but im not going to be my Olympia...i really need my chest to pop more with my trap but chest is so hard for me being so shoulder dominate.
I will figure it out thank for all the help and support. just validates why i am a member...you all are great ....except u gibbs ur an asshole...lol jk

Reactions: CJ

wilkinkc

Reaction score
Hell yeah man, if it's something you want to do you should go for it. You may end up loving it. If you don't do it you will always wonder. Good luck!

New Threads