Hello new guy here

Reaction score
So yeah just joined, right now I'm a fat guy just messing around in the gym.
I'm 5'10 220 started to get into shape before all this covid bullshit and had a few coworkers to hit the gym with but now they got laid off and its just me. Found this place seems like a decent place to learn so I decided to join.

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
Welcome to the UG Gore.

Don't you dare stop going to the gym!!!

Reaction score
Thanks man I keep going still trying to find a routine that works for me. The place I'm staying now has a really small and shitty gym but on the upside theres hardly anyone else there lol. I'm working 14 to 16 hours a day so going out to actual gym in town doesn't really work. Hopefully I can get a few guys at work to start going to the gym for some motivation

Reactions: CJ

Sicwun88

Reaction score
Welcome to the underground!
Lot's of good information here,
Stay in the gym!
Only the strong survive!!!!!!

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
Thanks man I keep going still trying to find a routine that works for me.

I get it, I work long days too, it's tough. But it has to be done.

What are you doing now for a routine? I could possibly give you some suggestions to tighten it up, so it's not so long that it adds more time to your already long day.

Reaction score
Well as for my routine you'll probably just shake your head lol. Today was chest. The gym I'm at has limited equipment no barbells. It has a chest press machine with three position settings so I do 3 sets to failure trying to get 6-8 reps in "benchpress" then "inclined " then chest press. Then dumbell benchpress again 3 sets to failure trying for 6-8 reps.

Tomorrow I'm planning on doing triceps. 3 sets to failure pull downs with the rope. 3 sets overhead with the rope. Then pull downs with the bent bar followed by pull-downs withbabstra

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
Welcome to the Underground

The Phoenix

Elite
Reaction score
Welcome to the UGBB. Find the motivation to continue going. Keep going to the gym to help you stay healthy.

ComeBacKid85

Reaction score
Welcome to the Underground! You need to have a strong WHY for motivation. Why do you want to be in shape. For your health,kids, to be a sexy beast. If your why is strong enough you’ll have all the motivation you need. Other people are great but your motivation. Must come from within. Steven Covey wrote a book. 7 habits of highly successful people. It’s a heck of a good read for motivation!!!

Reaction score
Thanks for the welcomes guys. Motivation is definitely the hardest part lately when we had three guys going it was fun and I looked forward to going now it's just something that I do that cuts into my sleep haha. I'm trying to get into better shape for my wife and kids. My wife deserves a better looking husband and I don't want to be the fat dad anymore. When I started working out I was at 264. I got down to 207 with fasting and working out then shit hit the fan and I'm starting over.

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
Congrats on how much you've lost, but stop that fasting stuff now, if it is being done for weight loss. You're not as big as you used to be, you don't want your body eating away at muscle tissue for fuel since your fat stores are much less now.

The Phoenix

Elite
Reaction score
Congrats on how much you've lost, but stop that fasting stuff now, if it is being done for weight loss. You're not as big as you used to be, you don't want your body eating away at muscle tissue for fuel since your fat stores are much less now.

True and you also don’t want the “feast or famine” effect to take its turn on your body. When you starve yourself, your body learns these conditions and compensates for it. Try multiple smaller meals to lose the bad weight and keep good weight on.

wilkinkc

Reaction score
Fellow fat guy checking in! Down 65lbs since May. We got this bro, do some reading around the boards. There is a ton of good info here.

Reaction score
65 pounds is awesome great job. I have a bunch of reading to do on this site thats for sure