Hello new guy here

Reaction score
If you can get a home gym setup would recommend. My garage is fully setup w squat rack, dumbbells, a few kettles, plus pull-up bar and bench for under 1k

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
Thanks man. Is it better to cut first or bulk?

I wouldn't bulk if you're already fat. They say that the more overfat you are, the more likely that excess calories will be stored as additional bodyfat.

But if you're fat to begin with, no worries, as you already have extra calories hanging on your body that can be used to fuel muscle building. Body fat is just stored calories that your body can use for energy as needed.

It's a spectrum though, more recomp is more likely to happen the more fat you are, less likely if you have lower levels of bodyfat.

Slight deficit, you're good to go.

lfod14

Reaction score
Thanks man I keep going still trying to find a routine that works for me. The place I'm staying now has a really small and shitty gym but on the upside theres hardly anyone else there lol. I'm working 14 to 16 hours a day so going out to actual gym in town doesn't really work. Hopefully I can get a few guys at work to start going to the gym for some motivation

You got all the motivation you need here man! In your head, a workout partner is awesome but in practice even if you really like them it's rare they do much other than distract you, hold you back and make your workouts take longer. I've realized how lucky I am recently that gyms in my state have been back open for months now, didn't realize how many places are still very much closed. Your lucky to have a small shitty gym!

Reaction score
Been following a push pull legs routine from youtube by jermey ethier it really helps having something telling you what to do next instead of looking at the equipment and wondering what to do next. When I go on days off I'm going to get my blood work done last time my Dr said my testosterone was in the low range and since then my sex drive has completely tanked so I'm going to look into a low T place

Reaction score
Gore, I'm a fellow new guy and I understand how hard it can be with a difficult work schedule as well as location. I am a construction superintendent and I often have remote sites with bad or no gyms. I have a fairly decent little calisthenics routine set up when I am in a pinch I can turn to. Have you considered one? Just food for thought.

Reaction score
Just went to a low t place for my first bloodiest my score was 503 there sending my blood off for the free testosterone test to see if I can qualify. I have another test tomorrow is there anything I can do to drop my results some? I just came home from a two week hitch at work and had sex with the wife twice yesterday. They said that can cause a temporary boost

TeddyBear

Tren Made Me Gay
Reaction score
For a total newbie, I’d start with “Starting Strength”. It focuses on mastering the major compound lifts and learning to start tracking linear progression. It can be intimidating, but it’s important for efficiency, safety, and Gainz to get those major lifts into your routine.