Quitting dip round 2

Texan69

Elite
Reaction score
Well a few months back I quit dipping and made it three weeks then I got involved in some major drama/stress with a case so I re bounded and began dipping...I am now 2 weeks in and have only used two cans of zyn nicotine 3mg pouches and haven’t really gotten horrible horrible cravings like I did the first time other than when watching the outpost and one of the soldiers in the movie had a fat pinch in and that set me off. Hopefully I can keep off the dip

to those who have quit when does the cravings stop? When do you not get tempted to throw a pinch in?

Reactions: Jin

tinymk

Elite
Reaction score
Mine stopped immediately after 10 years of Copenhagen. My dentist told me I had some unusual gum wear and suspected chew. I threw the can in the garage and was done——period.
mit will get better brother, quit that shit. You can do it

HollyWoodCole

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Well a few months back I quit dipping and made it three weeks then I got involved in some major drama/stress with a case so I re bounded and began dipping...I am now 2 weeks in and have only used two cans of zyn nicotine 3mg pouches and haven’t really gotten horrible horrible cravings like I did the first time other than when watching the outpost and one of the soldiers in the movie had a fat pinch in and that set me off. Hopefully I can keep off the dip

to those who have quit when does the cravings stop? When do you not get tempted to throw a pinch in?
I quit smoking after 20+ years a couple months back. I still want one here and there but not like it was. It will get better.

Like tinymk, I had something driving me as well. A friend of mine caught COVID and it nearly got her, she has always been healthy. Quitting was never easier.

BigGameHunter

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Sometimes I get the urge after a good state fair cold beer and turkey leg but it goes away. Urges are a funny thing, I still can’t drink a Mountain Dew with out missing he first few puffs of a Marlboro and I quit smoking nearly 3 decades ago.

Niko gum will work for dipping it helped me, hang in there man

j2048b

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Yep been chewing for over 20 yrs, its time to call it, reseeding gums and just not feeling healthy brain wise any more, im in it with u to quit,

wilkinkc

Reaction score
Good luck man. I need to quit as well. Its strange the rationing your brain does to you when its in withdraw from something. Don't let it win.

Charger69

Reaction score

I was dipping for 24 years. I was using about 1 1/2 cans a day.
It was a bear to quit. They used to sell herbal snuff. I used that, I used grated coconut, and I used shelled sunflower seeds. I had to have something between my cheek and gum. The craving was took about a month. You still have it after the month, but the qty and duration dwindles. The sunflower seeds were probably the biggest crutch to get me past it.
It took me about 6 months to eliminate having something between my cheek and gum. It took about a year to not even want to touch the stuff if someone put it in front of my face. Now, I don’t miss it and would probably puke at the smell. LOL
I had about $20K of dental work from the damage, but thank god that was the extent of the damage.

Texan69

Elite
Reaction score
Thanks y’all. I just got a can of rogue nicotine pouches
they actually feel good. Get that little burn like a dip does. I plan to cut the nicotine pouches out after a month I know nicotine isn’t that great for you either but better than the real deal

j2048b

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Yup i got the nicotine zyn pouches, but damn its not the same, i need to find the pouches that i once had that contained green tea, those were the bomd diggity, energy all day felt frucken trucken awesome

transcend2007

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
When you look back after quitting your will understand 2 things ... #1 smoking / chewing / ect are habits ... habit simple means that it is something your do with very little or no thought ... its nearly automatic ... #2 Smoking / chewing habits can be terminated as quickly as they were started and replaced with other more productive habits ....

You'll notice I said "terminated quickly" ... I did not say easily ... most habits give us something beneficial ... smoking and chewing are no different ...

I quit smoking 16 years ago ... it took me 4 trys to permanently quit .. you can definitely do it ...

wilkinkc

Reaction score
they actually feel good. Get that little burn like a dip does. I plan to cut the nicotine pouches out after a month I know nicotine isn’t that great for you either but better than the real deal

They are pretty good huh? I think I will give those a shot. I saw someone else post about them in another section. I will have to try them. What strength did you get? What did you use to chew?

BigGameHunter

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score

saw a guy in TX buying his 3rd can and claimed it worked. BTW the nicko gum has a burn to it if you need to put it between your cheek and gum.

Something I forgot to mention is a lot of dipping gave me chest pains especially on a decent cycle. Definitely quit...no excuses

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score

What’s wrong with nicotine?

HollyWoodCole

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
saw a guy in TX buying his 3rd can and claimed it worked. BTW the nicko gum has a burn to it if you need to put it between your cheek and gum.

Something I forgot to mention is a lot of dipping gave me chest pains especially on a decent cycle. Definitely quit...no excuses
I used to get palpitations like mofo on cycle when I was smoking. Extremely glad that stopped.

DieYoungStrong

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I dipped a tin a day for over 20 years. Quit with the zyn pouches last January. I still chew the zynns. Got to have something. I figure straight nicotine has to be better then dip with all the shit in there.

Keep gum handy too.

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
Everything......?

I disagree.

It’s a useful stimulant/preworkout/cognitive aid with generally poor delivery options.

Take away the tobacco aspect and your left with more or less the same negatives as caffeine. At least that’s my understanding.

Zilla and I have talked about this. I believe he is a fan of non tobacco nicotine for performance.

Bro Bundy

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
You get kicked out of Texas is u stop chew. I like the bubble gum chew .. big league chew son

j2048b

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I dipped a tin a day for over 20 years. Quit with the zyn pouches last January. I still chew the zynns. Got to have something. I figure straight nicotine has to be better then dip with all the shit in there.

Keep gum handy too.

Dayum a tin a day, thats got to get expensive!! Ill try the zyn, got some so why not? And im the same way, habit i have since i was a kid to throw in a dip, and go to work

Oh and i chew gum at .... The.... Same.... Damn.... Time, people think im nuts hahah, poich on one side chewing gum on the other

New Threads