2 muscle groups per day training

Flyingdragon

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Hiring a trainer is not a waste of money. A trainer will keep u on the path to achieving goals, push u to the max. Think of a trainer as another tool in the tool chest. There are good ones and bad ones but if u find a good one they are worth every cent of what they charge. Youtube is for movies and music, not a substitute for a trainer.

I have been working out for almost 3 years now why would I waste money on a trainer when I can learn anything I need on youtube.

Bobbyloads

Elite
Reaction score
Hiring a trainer is not a waste of money. A trainer will keep u on the path to achieving goals, push u to the max. Think of a trainer as another tool in the tool chest. There are good ones and bad ones but if u find a good one they are worth every cent of what they charge. Youtube is for movies and music, not a substitute for a trainer.

I get what your saying cause a lot of times I am like **** wish I had a work out partner would be easier and I would get more out of the work outs.

Right now work just started getting busy again playing catch up with bills stupid condo I sold for the 3rd time now hopefully makes to closing this time smh after I get everything situated again I think your right making an investment for a few months would really push me to where I need to go.

Flyingdragon

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Some people achieve greater results with a workout partner and others do not. I have never been the type to use a partner, for me the workout would take more time out of my busy schedule. I mostly see younger guys in the gym with a partner and they are the ones who do more talking than working out.

Some guys dont even like commercial gyms, thus the reason they have home gyms. Everyone is different, u need to find what works best for you....

I get what your saying cause a lot of times I am like **** wish I had a work out partner would be easier and I would get more out of the work outs.

Right now work just started getting busy again playing catch up with bills stupid condo I sold for the 3rd time now hopefully makes to closing this time smh after I get everything situated again I think your right making an investment for a few months would really push me to where I need to go.

Bobbyloads

Elite
Reaction score
Some people achieve greater results with a workout partner and others do not. I have never been the type to use a partner, for me the workout would take more time out of my busy schedule. I mostly see younger guys in the gym with a partner and they are the ones who do more talking than working out.

Some guys dont even like commercial gyms, thus the reason they have home gyms. Everyone is different, u need to find what works best for you....

Yeah this is exactly why I have a few memberships and stopped going to the gym I went to the most cause I ended up befriending people and then conversations messed up my work outs so I stopped going there and go to a different location and I refuse to make any friends there just work out and leave.

Flyingdragon

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I have no friends at the gym, to me its not a place to be social. In my 20s it was a place to be social. I do my workout and leave....

Yeah this is exactly why I have a few memberships and stopped going to the gym I went to the most cause I ended up befriending people and then conversations messed up my work outs so I stopped going there and go to a different location and I refuse to make any friends there just work out and leave.

Trump

Unstoppable Force
Reaction score
I always thought fd was just a perv that hung out here for muscly guys. Looks like he actually knows a bit

HollyWoodCole

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I'll echo some other opinions.

In my opinion, you should have standalone days for:

Back
Legs
Chest

I like to add secondary movements to each of those cornerstone days every week, such as triceps on chest day, biceps on back day, etc.

If you want to drop weight build muscle mass and step up your cardio.

Bobbyloads

Elite
Reaction score
I always thought fd was just a perv that hung out here for muscly guys. Looks like he actually knows a bit

Perv? for sure makes my blood boil? every chance he gets but cant argue when he is right lol

Bobbyloads

Elite
Reaction score
I'll echo some other opinions.

In my opinion, you should have standalone days for:

Back
Legs
Chest

I like to add secondary movements to each of those cornerstone days every week, such as triceps on chest day, biceps on back day, etc.

If you want to drop weight build muscle mass and step up your cardio.

Working my way up on cardio starting to get easier by the day.

dk8594

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Here is my recipe:

Monday: Calves and abs
Tuesday: Off
Wednesday: Back
Thursday: Off
Friday: Chest and Shoulders
Saturday: Off
Sunday: Legs

Legs is the only group I do by itself. My belief has always been if you can do anything with legs you aren't doing legs hard enough. I purposely don't do antagonistic body parts (e.g chest and back) My thought is that when you do chest you are tightening those muscles thus putting you in the position where it will be hard to full contract my back. I much rather put muscles that work in synergy on the same day (chest, delts, tris for example)

To prove the point you can try this experiment. Do a pull down centric back workout, after all that pulling down...ask how well positioned are your delts to push up? Mine are sh*t.

Bobbyloads

Elite
Reaction score
Here is my recipe:

Legs is the only group I do by itself. My belief has always been if you can do anything with legs you aren't doing legs hard enough. I purposely don't do antagonistic body parts (e.g chest and back) My thought is that when you do chest you are tightening those muscles thus putting you in the position where it will be hard to full contract my back. I much rather put muscles that work in synergy on the same day (chest, delts, tris for example)

To prove the point you can try this experiment. Do a pull down centric back workout, after all that pulling down...ask how well positioned are your delts to push up? Mine are sh*t.

Good point on the pull down example lol

No arms anywhere?

The Phoenix

Elite
Reaction score
Here is my recipe:

That’s always been my philosophy. Don’t counteract body parts or you are looking for an injury.

dk8594

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Good point on the pull down example lol

No arms anywhere?

I may throw in direct arm work here or there if time allows, but it’s minimal. They get worked indirectly with chest and back and I have learned the hard way not to go into those workouts with fatigued arms since they are the weakest in the chain for push pull movements.

New Threads