What the hell did I screw up?

lfod14

Reaction score
Lat couple weeks I've got this pain in my upper leg/thigh pretty much when my leg goes into my hip. Screws up my ability to squat. I can basically "warm it up" by doing some bar squats, then stepping up weight slowly so I can squat almost normally. It's kinda like a wrap around pain as I'm going down, I can make it act up / hurt when I externally rotate my leg, nothing else hurts it. It's that a pulled groin or something?

Reaction score
Does it affect your low back at all? If so, possibly sciatic nerve? When I pinched mine, the pain was in my hip down into my thigh, but also my low back at times.

lfod14

Reaction score
Hard to tell, my low back sucks anyways, L5/S1 herniates here and there. Doesn't feel like Sciatica though, at least not like I've had before. I used to get the down the leg pain and burning calf but that hasn't happened since this. Just the pain right where my leg connects to my hip.

John Ziegler

Elite
Reaction score
Dude I had that happen to me a couple years ago.

Im a side sleeper but this injury forced me to sleep on my.back with one leg on the floor and half sideways.

Couldnt pin point the cause of the injury because it didnt start hurting till the nandeca started to dissipate.

I drove 14 hours stright one way turned around and drove back the next day.

With that I was thinking blood clot.

Around the same time I had just fixed up.an old motorcycle & literally kick started it like 300 time at 100 times in a row.

One more possibility was while I was hitting the gf's fat ass from behind she reached under and did some weird way too hard pinch on my ball sack.

So I was thinkin that she may have twisted up the ball tubes.

At anyrate that injury lasted 6 fkin weeks.

POB finally linked me up to this strange stretching video that involved a couch.

It finally got me squared a way in the meantime i was seriously trying to unbraid my ball tubes

Will see if I can dig up that video POB hooked me up with.

SFGiants

Elite
Reaction score
I had it bad a few weeks back, couldn't walk.

It's a nerve from low back through the hip towards the knee down the front of the leg.

This is like sciatica but the front of the leg.

Rest,heat and elevation was all I could do.

DOOM

Reaction score
I’ve had something like this thats been recurring for years. It’s on my left hip area. I always thought it was from wrecking myself over the years skating and snowboarding and heavy leg presses Its not really that painful but it causes me to limp. It kinda feels like it’s out of socket and then it goes away! Maybe it’s some kind degenerative hip disease?

Beserker

Viking King
Reaction score
You pulled the “doo-doo” string. You’re shit out of luck for a while, but will be fine soon.

dreamscraper

Reaction score
I feel like I have been through the stages of grief with getting old and lifting that I have finally got to acceptance. I can pretty much only do body weight box squats but I 300-400 reps as part of a weekly conditioning workout. The ultimate problem is I am strong enough that I am going to break something and get injured, just no way around it.

I just fell in love recently with a power clean and strict press with one arm dumbbell. I hit a PR on Saturday with an 85 but my neck has felt terrible since and just today is starting to feel better. Injury just makes me appreciate not being injured. It really makes me realize how someday out of the blue I am going to take a dirt nap and that is it. That movement I have been in love with the past month and a half is deleted.

You can either stop doing movements that injure yourself or make the trade off with getting surgery at some point that may or may not work. I don't see what other options we really have as we age.

Joliver

E-Fighter Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Could be simply a hip flexor. Only thing that bothers me is that you said it hurts when you externally rotate.

If you can lay on your back, pull the knee perpendicular to the floor, push the knee medially (middle of your body) as you externally rotate your leg and get pain--thats a positive hip labrum test result.

Hope I'm wrong. Good luck, sir.

BrotherIron

Reaction score
Could be simply a hip flexor. Only thing that bothers me is that you said it hurts when you externally rotate.

If you can lay on your back, pull the knee perpendicular to the floor, push the knee medially (middle of your body) as you externally rotate your leg and get pain--thats a positive hip labrum test result.

Hope I'm wrong. Good luck, sir.

You thinking a labral tear?

Joliver

E-Fighter Extraordinaire
Reaction score
You thinking a labral tear?

I'd say that's the worst case scenario. But that's where my mind went when I read "can make it act up / hurt when I externally rotate my leg, nothing else hurts it. It's that a pulled groin or something?"

Deep pain/burn in groin.
External rotation of the leg is the only reliable way to "make it act up."

Fits the bill, more or less.

Last edited:

lfod14

Reaction score
I hope you're wrong too, I did that test and it does hurt it but not as bad as when I rotate out hard. I'm hoping a flexor. For now Squats are 100% out for a while and I'll just to lighter isolation stuff and try to let it be. It feels a little better than it did but it's been a couple weeks now so I'm assuming it'll be a couple more before I know. I don't really do anything crazy, I don't even squat a lot so not sure how the hell I did this to begin with.