Intermittent Fasting

Reaction score
I have currently been doing a 16/8 split of intermittent fasting and been doing good with it. Whats are yall's opinion on intermittent fasting or previous experience with it? I have been looking around on here and it has been brought up as a good technique, however no one has really listed their experiences or real thoughts on the topic...at least not that I have found.

Spongy

Senior Moderator
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
if it works for you then great. I experimented with it and I liked it. I would eat from 2p to 10p. It was all fine and dandy until I started tren.

Reaction score
Thanks Spongy, of course I make the post and find your detailed review of IF in 2012 after lol.

BrotherIron

Reaction score
Doesn't work for me as I can't take more than a 4hour break without eating something unless I want to crash hard. I know it works well for some but not for me.

transcend2007

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
There are no magic bullets ... low carb and intermittent fasting are calorie control strategies in an attempt to reduce calories without having to count them ... as Spongy said try it ... do what works for you ... another option would be to download MyFitnessPal ... get in habit of counting calories ... learn what your BMR is and manage calories based on your goals ... reduce daily calorie intake if cutting fat ... increase if attempting to gain lean mass ...

Last edited:

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
I don’t eat whilst I’m sleeping.

Does that count?

wilkinkc

Reaction score
Doesn't work for me as I can't take more than a 4hour break without eating something unless I want to crash hard. I know it works well for some but not for me.

Bro I know what you mean, I eat breakfast and I’m like COMEON 9 o’clock so I can have my SNACK lmao I’m so tired of cutting. Ready to bulk!

j2048b

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I really liked the warrior diet, its an IF, diet and the book is a good read with tons of info, i may have a pdf copy somewhere that i can post,

I liked it because id fast until 12 noon eat some protein and go from there, there are ways to assist u especially if ur stupid hungry

I cant do it now my brain hurts and i cant function without my morning oats or something

lfod14

Reaction score
It's fine if you'll benefit from lower sugar/insulin levels for longer but I think for most it really doesn't matter. It can help if people are over eating as many people are fine until they eat, then become ravenously hungry. I got pretty into fasting for a while starting it 16:8 into ADF, then 4,5,6 day fasts. Screwed my metabolism real good, and felt friggen amazing the whole time doing it! Sneaks up on ya! Energy was great, workouts were great never would have thought that was happening.

white ape

Elite
Reaction score
I find the underlying health benefits of IF interesting. Giving your body time without having to digest and letting it rest. I think that’s good for the body and mind. I think hunger is good as well every now and then.

I don’t think it’s all that it’s cracked up to be for weight loss though. Many studies show that people who skip breakfast typically weigh more than those who don’t. So riddle me that one. Most that do IF are just skipping breakfast. I promise you that I could still overeat in a 6 hour window. You would still need to track calories to ensure a caloric deficit.

Reaction score
You would still need to track calories to ensure a caloric deficit.

Thanks white ape. I found it interesting myself when I looked into it deeper. I cut it down to 18/6 per FlyingDrangon's advice above. I do use my fitness pal to track all consumption as I am making sure I am in a caloric deficiency, as well as trying to keep an eye on carb intake. I do not engorge myself in the 6 hr window...I try to keep it clean and it has helped/payed off as I am very close to my goal weight.

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
Thanks white ape. I found it interesting myself when I looked into it deeper. I cut it down to 18/6 per FlyingDrangon's advice above. I do use my fitness pal to track all consumption as I am making sure I am in a caloric deficiency, as well as trying to keep an eye on carb intake. I do not engorge myself in the 6 hr window...I try to keep it clean and it has helped/payed off as I am very close to my goal weight.

Make sure you are eating plenty of quality protein. You want to minimize the potential for muscle tissue lost during your weight loss.

It would suck if a good amount of the weight you lost was muscle, leaving you skinny fat.

Reaction score
Make sure you are eating plenty of quality protein. You want to minimize the potential for muscle tissue lost during your weight loss.

It would suck if a good amount of the weight you lost was muscle, leaving you skinny fat.

Lol that would suck and was a fear of mine...as it would be counterproductive to my end goal. I did keep my protein high and kept an eye on it. I came off for a while when I thought I was loosing some. I’m off now and going to a diet suited for gains.

Reactions: CJ

Adrenolin

Bad Daddy
Reaction score
Best quality protein?

Japanese Wagyu A5... you're just wasting your time with any other source of protein. Anything but premium japanese wagyu A5 beef is insufficient.

Reactions: Jin

New Threads