Transition from cycle to cruise

dragon1952

Elite
Reaction score
Just coming off of a rather long cycle of Test cyp/deca. Took my last pins 4 days ago, 350mg test cyp/250mg deca (half my weekly dose). For most of cycle it was 600 test/400 deca a week but I upped it a bit last 3 weeks as I was making good strength gains and wanted to milk it. I'm on trt so plan on cruising at maybe 200mg/wk of test and 50-100mg of deca to help alleviate joint issues. Just wondering when to start pinning cruise dosage based on last pin. I plan on maintaining my current weight for a while before doing a recomp so I'm assuming I'll have to adjust calories down a bit to make up for the reduction of gear? I'll be getting my remaining blood work today for reference. Any other advice?

BigSwolePump

Elite
Reaction score
You can start trt dosages right away. The half life will taper it down over time. I have never seen a healthy reason to cruise at anything higher than your normal trt dosage which should be well below that. 200mg per week is still a cycle.

dragon1952

Elite
Reaction score
You can start trt dosages right away. The half life will taper it down over time. I have never seen a healthy reason to cruise at anything higher than your normal trt dosage which should be well below that. 200mg per week is still a cycle.

Cool....thank you. My thought process was that at 200mg I would be able to maintain muscle better but I'm definitely open minded about it.

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
If your goal is to maintain your weight, why would you drop your calories? Keep training hard, keep eating.

dragon1952

Elite
Reaction score
If your goal is to maintain your weight, why would you drop your calories? Keep training hard, keep eating.

I figured I required more calories due to the amount of drugs? Is that not the case? This is why I'm asking because idk.

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
I figured I required more calories due to the amount of drugs? Is that not the case? This is why I'm asking because idk.

No, I've fukked that up many times. Keep your Cals up and train hard. Don't slack just because your cycle is over, lock in those gains.

Reaction score
Dude i am starting my first cruise at 200mg / wk test because I seem to be a low responder. At 500mg / wk my trough test levels (low point before pinning) were 1700, so if I half that I'm at 800. 200 is going to be a little less than half so I'm assuming my trough test levels on cruise will be around 6-700, but I won't know for sure until I get blood drawn next week.

I really don't want my test levels going below 600 on cruise, so I'm aiming for that number and will adjust accordingly. Everyone's body is different. So 200 might be a lot for some people, but not necessarily everyone.

My natural test levels before I started having problems with them at age 44 were 6-700.

dragon1952

Elite
Reaction score
My prescribed trt dosage is 100mg/wk which puts me at around 700.

dragon1952

Elite
Reaction score
My prescription is to pin 100mg once per week but I've always done 50mg twice a week. Actually I've only had blood work through my Dr once since starting injections (from gel) last January so I actually tried to skew my result downwards in hopes of getting a higher prescribed amount by waiting 7 days (I think it was) after my last 50 mg pin. My total was 643 so the 700 was a rough estimate of what it may have been 4 days sooner.

Reaction score
I think it just depends on where you want your levels to be and what kind of health compromise you're willing to risk being that high for that long.

How much you require AI's, how your lipids look...just factor all that in. It's been a learning process for me.

transcend2007

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
You will find that the same terminology means different things to different people ... I am not an expert I am simply providing my perspective ....

TRT dose = what doc or clinc prescribes and is taken
Cruise = where both dosage is self determined as well as self administered

I have been on this board 8 years and have seen both trt and cruise dosages varied greatly based on the individual - clinic / doc - self administered goal ....

The facts however are this (and likely BSP's point) less is better .. by definition trt is testosterone replacement NOT an testosterone enhancement ... test levels over 700 for the average man are enhanced ...

With that said my trt which started out doc supervised over the years has become self administered are far closer to 200mg than 100mg with my average levels closer to 900 are without question enhanced ... for my personal usage I have made the decision to likely shorten my life in order to carry 20 pounds of muscle than would be natural for me ... my point is trt / cruise dosages are personal choices ... that we all must make in accordance with our goals and life-style choice.

brock8282

Elite
Reaction score
Dude i am starting my first cruise at 200mg / wk test because I seem to be a low responder. At 500mg / wk my trough test levels (low point before pinning) were 1700, so if I half that I'm at 800. 200 is going to be a little less than half so I'm assuming my trough test levels on cruise will be around 6-700, but I won't know for sure until I get blood drawn next week.

I really don't want my test levels going below 600 on cruise, so I'm aiming for that number and will adjust accordingly. Everyone's body is different. So 200 might be a lot for some people, but not necessarily everyone.

My natural test levels before I started having problems with them at age 44 were 6-700.

id be very suspect of that gear being underdosed.

Reaction score
id be very suspect of that gear being underdosed.

I was too believe me. I tried test from another source that has a good reputation though and numbers were almost exactly the same after 4 weeks.

I've gotten my bloods drawn a lot because I'm kinda new to this and want to see where I'm at.

TeddyBear

Former Skinny Kid / Tren Made Me Gay
Reaction score
I’ve been in the same boat, two sources 500mg or more of Test-E a week and bloods were 1450 and 1650 respectively. It’s disappointing, but I can see that I’ve made gains at this elevated level still.

Reaction score
I’ve been in the same boat, two sources 500mg or more of Test-E a week and bloods were 1450 and 1650 respectively. It’s disappointing, but I can see that I’ve made gains at this elevated level still.

Since you're in a similar situation, thought I'd mention that the last 4 weeks of my last cycle I ran 750/wk of sustanon (pinned 3x a week) just to see if it would make a difference.

While it did bump my test levels up to what a lot of people normally see on 500/wk, for me I found no noticeable difference in the gym or with gains. Did sweat a lot more though! Had to stay on top of AI's too.

New Threads