Help to modify this routine

Reaction score
Had to rely on a calisthenic core workout today since I am away. Below is what I did, and generally do when needed, but I feel like it could be improved. Any ideas or advice on how to tweak it?

50 sit-ups
50 heel touches
50 Russian twist
1:30 mins of mountain climbers
50 crunches
1:30 mins of plank jacks
2 min break
50 crab toe touch
50 plank shoulder taps
1:30 mins of scissor kicks
50 plank hip dips
1:30 mins of leg wipers
1:30 mins of double leg circles
2 min plank

I like to complete the first 6 exercises with no breaks in between. Then take a 2 min break. Followed by the remaining 7 exercises with no breaks in between. I then complete with a 2-mile cardio.

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
What are you trying to accomplish with this? If it's just all you can do, because if I recall correctly, you said you travel alot, you could do some prison workout stuff... Pushups, Pullups, Dips, Inverted Rows, BW/KB Squats, etc...

Reaction score
Correct, I do travel. Most of the time there are gyms in the area, but currently there is not. The closest gym is about an 1.5 hr drive and I just cant make the trip with my tight schedule. I am here for 4 days, and if I were home I would have been doing my normal routine, but today I figured I would take the time and add in my core. I just feel that it could be improved after completing it. My last trip of the year is here in a week and I will be gone for a week and a half and wanted to get this dialed in so I had it to fall back on as well.

Reaction score
When I am gone, I like to stay on somewhat of the same routine I do, just supplement iron for body weight. For example, have an upper body, leg, back, etc for body weight workouts I can use when needed. This core is the one I feel like can be better.

Sicwun88

Reaction score
Do shrugs w Volkswagens in hotel parking lots!

New Threads