Thread: Burned Out

Thanks

Burned Out

I had an interesting conversation with a member yesterday who said that after a certain time (5-7 years) of training and drugs, it becomes difficult to keep hardly any gains unless you stay "on" (TRT). Have you guys made it to a point with gear and training where you have trouble keeping ANY gains? Do you think keeping gains is contingent on PCT only? Have you experienced an inability to add quality muscle even with the use of gear? And all you guys on TRT, is this the reason?

Thanks

Re: Burned Out

Not sure about the gear since I have only ran a few cycles but it happens that after years of training you reach a plateau. That's why it's recommended to shake things up regularly (whether it's the number of sets or reps or the exercises that you choose for each muscle). Trying something totally different (even if it means going back to lighter weights for a short while). A guy at another board who wasn't progressing anymore switched to Jim wendlers 5/3/1 program BBB and it works for him.

Thanks

Agreed. Muscles are like wives. You need to change your routine every now and then. Im having the same issue with my chest.

Legs on the other hand. I just have to think of growing and they grow. And i dont like them big otherwise its hard to get good jeans that fit. Im like the reverse stereotype lifter. So fricking irritating.

Zeek

We were talking about gains or retention once you are past your natural limit that could easily be reached in 7 years of using and heavy training.

The bottom line fellas at the end of the day when you stop steroids all together you can only kep the amount of muscle that your bodies hormone levels and genetic max based on hormones will allow.

Same applies to those on trt but obviously many trt protocols put guys way above normal ranges. putting in 200mg from outside for trt is going to allow one to retain more size and strength than say somoen going cold turkey and just walking away from the drugs all together./

Thanks

For me as long as i continue to up my food intake with the gains, i am able to maintain them even on borderline low (280) test levels.
    US Goverment Policy: If It Ain't Broken, Fix It Till It Is.

Thanks
    Thanked 18,092 Times in 7,788 Posts
    Originally Posted by Ezekiel View Post
    We were talking about gains or retention once you are past your natural limit that could easily be reached in 7 years of using and heavy training.

The bottom line fellas at the end of the day when you stop steroids all together you can only kep the amount of muscle that your bodies hormone levels and genetic max based on hormones will allow.

Same applies to those on trt but obviously many trt protocols put guys way above normal ranges. putting in 200mg from outside for trt is going to allow one to retain more size and strength than say somoen going cold turkey and just walking away from the drugs all together./
    I completely agree with this Ez
    "Overzealous dosing" -Jin

Rest in Peace Robot Lord. First round of Natty Boh is on me when I make it up there with you brother.

Thanks

trt is for life

Thanks

Originally Posted by ken View Post
    trt is for life
    Unless its not "Cashout"

Zeek

There are things we can do to change this sentence that befalls all of us if we stop using aas. One of them is to use clomid therapy as I mentioned in a thread. trt is always an option but it is using and there are many guys I know on trt that are only on it to maintain size that they can't without it.

I will never judge a person for trying to stay big! I've been chasing big my entire life! and I sure won't give it up without a fight!

Thanks

I have not reached that point. The thing is if I get on I run really long cycles. I think its best like that. I play on being on TRT.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,343 Times in 1,793 Posts

next month I will have been on trt for 1 year. I can honestly say that I have made great progress & wouldnt change anything.

Thanks

Originally Posted by Dfeaton View Post
    next month I will have been on trt for 1 year. I can honestly say that I have made great progress & wouldnt change anything.
    what are you taking and what dose?

Thanks

Originally Posted by Dfeaton View Post
    I've been on for seven months and the benefits are incredible.

This was a "burned out after a long time on AAS" thread, but long-term TRT doesn't worry me one bit at this stage.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,343 Times in 1,793 Posts

Originally Posted by ken View Post
    what are you taking and what dose?
    My Trt dose is 200mg/5days with AI 2x/week. I'm thinking of changing is a bit to see if I can drop the AI. Thinking .75ml 2x/week.

Thanks

^what milli said. Some times u have to change the workout exercise since the muscles adapt so easy to the same thing.