Getting diet on point

creekrat

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
So I'm working to get my diet on point and cut natty for a bit before running any gear and doing more of a recomp. I'm 5 weeks in on a 20% deficit which puts me right at 2200 calories. I've been doing what basically amounts to a CKD with 3-4 low carb days at 39g carb, 273g protein, and 105g fats and a higher carb day of 165g carb, 273g protein, and 50g fat. I'll typically do one carb load day in addition to this where I keep the calories in check but fill up on carbs.

For the next 6 months or so I will be working in Trinidad which means that traveling with gear is not an option but it may not be the end of the world. It will give me time to get what I can out of my diet and also do some research on viable options. I have been interested in slin for a while and this may be what gets me to try it. Of course I know it's dangerous and that diet and timing must be precise which is exactly why I am going to stick with just diet for a while and and get the routine down before I introduce anything new. Once able I will end up running tren on a blast as I am already on trt

transcend2007

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
CR ... smart to get your diet on point .. to me it is the key whether cutting ... bulking ... or maintaining ... I have to be honest in my experience diet make the most difference in getting results ... it is amazing to me how many people take gear but do not know their BMR ... they do not count calories ... and do not have even a basic understanding of macros or how they impact gains or loses .. keep us posted on your results.

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
Smart to give yourself a good launchpad for your next blast off.

creekrat

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
It already has. Down about 5 lbs in 3 weeks while feeling good

TeddyBear

Tren Made Me Gay
Reaction score
What does your diet even look like to hit that much protein without the carbs?

I rely on carbs to hit calorie goals without the fat and supplements for protien.

Robdjents

Ski bum
Reaction score
What does your diet even look like to hit that much protein without the carbs?

I rely on carbs to hit calorie goals without the fat and supplements for protien.

Gotta hit your protein if you wanna build muscle. Start your own thread you'll get tons of help

creekrat

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Let's see. A lot of eggs, protein shake 1-2 times a day, steak, chicken, beans, pork, grilled veggies, etc.

It's definitely harder to hit the caloric goals on this diet but as long as I keep my percentages close to the target then if I'm short on the calories it's not that big of a deal to me since I'm working to cut and shed some fat anyway.

creekrat

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Some of you have seen my thread in the DNP section but figured I'd update this one here as well. As of tonight I have 2 days left of DNP which will have been a total of 28 days of DNP over about 2 months. Diet has changed a little. I have upped my calories to 2600 and am using the macro split in Spongy's recomp diet thread. Made a spreadsheet to calculate the splits so I just put in the calories and it spits out the macros. Currently on a somewhat forced rest week due to being on lockdown in my hotel room so I can go to Trinidad on friday and get on the rig. When I started all of this before I even started this thread I was sitting right at 230 ish lbs. Before I left for Curacao I weighed in at 208. I'm 6' and I would say my bf was in the 22-25% range to start and now I'm guessing I'm somewhere right around 15% as I am just starting to see the hint of a line around the abs from time to time.

Here is 2 months progress. October 3, 2020 to December 3, 2020
AMmEtBm.jpg

lfod14

Reaction score
Agreed, I was tracking and looking for issues everywhere, THOUGHT I had my RMR figured out, then I got it tested and WOW was every calculator and my estimates way off!

Trump

Unstoppable Force
Reaction score
Shave that rug off and your bf will drop 2%, great jobs so far though dude keep it up. Can I ask why you can’t take gear to Trinidad?

creekrat

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Dealing with customs in 3 different countries just greatly increases the risk and in both Curacao and Trinidad, syringes are greatly controlled. Could I make it happen? Probably but as I said, the added risk is just that much greater.

Trump

Unstoppable Force
Reaction score
I have done it before without issue but going to Africa is different. With equivalent of $5 to customs my bag never gets opened

Dealing with customs in 3 different countries just greatly increases the risk and in both Curacao and Trinidad, syringes are greatly controlled. Could I make it happen? Probably but as I said, the added risk is just that much greater.

creekrat

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure if it's the protein and oatmeal I bring with mee but the TSA is opening my checked luggage every damn time

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
I'm not sure if it's the protein and oatmeal I bring with mee but the TSA is opening my checked luggage every damn time

Could be that you look like a pedophile. :32 (20):

creekrat

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Could be that you look like a pedophile. :32 (20):

I resemble that comment! It's funny you say that. At times I have to shave for work for the potential release of hydrogen sulfide gas, requires respirators, and when I do, the wife and kids tell me I instantly gain a 15 passenger van without windows

Reactions: CJ

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
Good thing God made man with facial hair. Good grief!

creekrat

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
And to think the wife and kids hated the beard when I started it. Now they hate me without it

New Threads