No Appetite, but want to be Huge

TeddyBear

Former Skinny Kid / Tren Made Me Gay
Reaction score
I’m 29, M, 5’10, 207lbs and prob like 16.5% BF. I’m naturally leaner and have never had an appetite. MyFitnessPal lists me as having 3,279 as my goal for calories to gain weight to 220lbs. (Yes, that’s an arbitrary number, but I’m aiming to be 16% BF at 220 for mass).

My Apple Watch estimates I have a 2,300 resting calorie burn per day plus an average of 1300 burned during exercise, i weight lift for about 1-1.5 hours every day. So about 3600 calories per that.

I don’t eat that much and really struggle to even get close.

Breakfast: 1320 cal
1 bowl of cereal: 240 cal
two slices of toast with butter: 260 cal
2 scoops of whey protien: 200 cal
1.5 scoops of mass gainer: 625 cal

lunch: 1340
(As an example, I have Panda Express logged)
fried rice, orange chicken, Kung pao chicken: 1040
(I usually do left overs, but this was conveniently listed in MyFitnessPal)
clif bar: 300

dinner: 900 cal
homemade chili (beef, seasoning, tomatoes, onion, shredded cheese, bell pepper, jalapeño)

dessert: 825
2 scoops whey: 200 cal
1.5 scoops mass gainer: 625 cal

TOTAL: 4385

Thats like: I’m dead and eating non-stop and that math just doesn’t seem right. Actually I haven’t logged my food and thought I was waaaaay below. So, now I’m even more confused.

(am I overeating? That’s a new question I hadn’t anticipated at the top of the question.)

Robdjents

Ski bum
Reaction score
Switch out some of those protein shakes for actual chicken and beef..also I like to break my day up into 6 meals a day.
Lots of chicken rice and beef...potatoes...shakes arent going to make you big just my .02

TeddyBear

Reaction score
Bro this needs serious work!

Yeah, I know.

I'll make chili and rice, or pasta and chicken with veggies. I'll have it for dinner and then the following day.
If I don't drink calories, I super won't make it on regular food.

I *know* my diet is holding me back.

DOOM

Reaction score
You need more variety as far a fruits and vegetables. More complex carbs as well. You are not utilizing any high calorie foods like nut butters or avocados. What about eggs and egg whites? What about yogurt and cottage cheese?

Last edited:

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
In terms of calories, don't go by how much MFP or your watch says that you should be eating, they're only spitting out the number from an equation.

If you've been regularly eating 4300 Cals per day, and aren't gaining, you need more Cals.

And eat better foods, you're an adult. :32 (20):

transcend2007

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
This is a mindset issue ... create a diet in advance of foods you enjoy that are also healthy ... beef - chicken - salmon tuna shrimp ... healthy fats avocado nuts ... fruits and veggies ... olive oil ... so many other options ... I'm simply recommending you approach it as a positive ... most people are trying to lose weight eating less and are miserable .. put some time effort and thought into eatting more and enjoying it ...

TeddyBear

Reaction score
I need to be proactive about grocery shopping and mot use Covid or time as an excuse. Lots of moms out there feed their families with a lot less time than I have: plus I’m only cooking for me.

Sicwun88

Reaction score
I wanna be a millionaire,
But don't wanna work?
You gotta eat to add size!!!

dreamscraper

Reaction score
We shouldn't forget though that it is a bit of a cultural thing that everyone would recommend replacing toast and cereal with oats.

I want to say oats are obviously better but what is this even based on? Even if they are better, by what % would oats be better than cereal and toast? It really can't be that much better. Not to mention, I don't even know what we would be measuring. Glycemic load or index? No evidence that a slightly lower glycemic index would have much to do with hypertrophy.

I have just seen so many times that when people try to clean up a diet like this they end up eating less and ultimately do something counter productive to their goals. Cleaning up the diet just because that is what everyone else does.

If this diet is hard to get down it will be all that much tougher getting down salmon and avocado. I think some metabolisms probably would benefit from a milkshake more than salmon.

I forget where I read David Rigert's diet but it was like tons of heavy cream, all this weird shit that everyone would say needs to be cleaned up. One of the strongest pound for pound to ever live.
https://c8.alamy.com/comp/B9EMCN/ol...ert-readying-to-lift-255-kilograms-B9EMCN.jpg

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
We shouldn't forget though that it is a bit of a cultural thing that everyone would recommend replacing toast and cereal with oats.

I want to say oats are obviously better but what is this even based on? Even if they are better, by what % would oats be better than cereal and toast? It really can't be that much better. Not to mention, I don't even know what we would be measuring. Glycemic load or index? No evidence that a slightly lower glycemic index would have much to do with hypertrophy.

I have just seen so many times that when people try to clean up a diet like this they end up eating less and ultimately do something counter productive to their goals. Cleaning up the diet just because that is what everyone else does.

If this diet is hard to get down it will be all that much tougher getting down salmon and avocado. I think some metabolisms probably would benefit from a milkshake more than salmon.

I forget where I read David Rigert's diet but it was like tons of heavy cream, all this weird shit that everyone would say needs to be cleaned up. One of the strongest pound for pound to ever live.
https://c8.alamy.com/comp/B9EMCN/ol...ert-readying-to-lift-255-kilograms-B9EMCN.jpg

True, but he does have a serious lack of vitamins and minerals in his current diet.

Since they're so important for the body's processes, having an adequate amount would be even more important if he wants to grow.

After you have your minimums, sure, eat some junk foods.

GSgator

Reaction score
You can add so much to your oats as well. I personally enjoy my oatmeal with coconut oil, vanilla whey, fresh bananas and dehydrated blueberries. Same goes with rice you can add so much to it.

TeddyBear

Reaction score
True, but he does have a serious lack of vitamins and minerals in his current diet.

Since they're so important for the body's processes, having an adequate amount would be even more important if he wants to grow.

last year I had oats for breakfast every day. I got burnt out on it, I know they were good for me and filling, I leaned out a little from them too.

I do take daily vitamins, I get some veggies in, but not much.

dreamscraper

Reaction score
Ah yea I just always supplement vitamins and minerals. A multi and then extra Vit C. I only do vit C because it is so cheap. Once a week I cook up a bag of frozen kale. Sometimes another bag of spinach. I guess I forget about this.

I can't eat junk personally because it breaks my discipline. I put myself at about 60% mesomorph 40% endomorph.

From my experience, ectomorph's get sub optimal advice online. These are useful broscience heuristics.

If the goal is to gain weight, the thermodynamics of calories is king and king by a huge margin.

BigSwolePump

Elite
Reaction score
I don't eat anything that you listed. Your diet is awful.

Stop eating cereal and Panda express for godsakes. Fast food has no place in any body with any seriousness about health or fitness

Try oatmeal, eggs, chicken, rice, any fuking vegetable in existence. Maybe a fiber supplement.

Drop weight gainers AKA fat/sugar/diabetes contributors.

A simple google search would find any diet better than what you are consuming now.

TeddyBear

Reaction score
I don't eat anything that you listed. Your diet is awful.

Stop eating cereal and Panda express for godsakes. Fast food has no place in any body with any seriousness about health or fitness

Try oatmeal, eggs, chicken, rice, any fuking vegetable in existence. Maybe a fiber supplement.

Drop weight gainers AKA fat/sugar/diabetes contributors.

A simple google search would find any diet better than what you are consuming now.

you’re right, but I think tone-wise you may have misunderstood. I listed those foods because that was what I most recently logged on MyFitnessPal for ease.

yesterday. I had whole grain toast, oats, whey, (yess mass gainer), homemade chili with beef and steamed rice, 2 bananas before my workout, then I had some homemade stirfry with rice and veggies, I finished it off with some more whey and mass gainer.

I certainly can and should replace the mass gainer with real Foods, but eating at 10:00PM when I get home makes it difficult to fall asleep, compared to chugging liquid. I can’t sleep well after eating, so I for years I didn’t eat after 8PM.

I’ve never been one to snack; never drinking soda, I don’t order chips or fries, I don’t nibble throughout the day. It’s the lack of snacking I think, healthy snacking, that limits my calories through the day.

brock8282

Elite
Reaction score
If you want to be huge it’s simple, find foods that digest easy and eat a lot of them. Way too much shit in the diet that’s difficult to digest and will hold you back. I know it’s “boring” but there is a reason “chicken n rice” is a thing. White rice lean protein healthy fats. I literally have had atleast 4 lean meat and rice meals a day for as long as I remember and it’s not because I particularly enjoy it

Last edited:

Seeker

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Go to the buffets and pig the fuk out. Lol that's how you get hooge. Never mind the eating like a rabbit shit.

New Threads