WHICH BOOK? B. Contreras Glute lab OR L. Norton Fatloss forever?

xyokoma

Elite Lady Member
Reaction score
So im here again to annoy with another thread, sorry boys.
Wanna pick up a good lenghty read, both books have plenty scientific data, both slightly different on the content but looking to improve my general knowledge and fill up free time.
Which book is better in general?
I have a sweet spot for Contreras and dislike mr. I HAVE PHD but regardless he gives good info.
Please someone reply. :32 (20):

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
So im here again to annoy with another thread, sorry boys.
Wanna pick up a good lenghty read, both books have plenty scientific data, both slightly different on the content but looking to improve my general knowledge and fill up free time.
Which book is better in general?
I have a sweet spot for Contreras and dislike mr. I HAVE PHD but regardless he gives good info.
Please someone reply. :32 (20):

You are overestimating the members here. Books?

Sicwun88

Reaction score
Depends on how much free time you have?
May as well read them both!

Reactions: CJ

brock8282

Elite
Reaction score
Honestly most of that type of stuff is a rip off. Find a free download online and you’ll be very glad you didn’t waste the money on a disappointing read.

brock8282

Elite
Reaction score
In that case, I’d recommend Scott Stevenson’s Be your own bodybuilding coach.

one of the only books in bodybuilding that isn’t a rip off imo

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
I haven't read either, but if you enjoy reading, get both. You can usually pull at least something out of most books.

They're both intelligent guys, highly doubtful they'll be a complete waste.

wilkinkc

Reaction score
I haven’t read either one. But I would probably get both as well. Should learn something from both. I’m sure Brock’s suggestion is a good read as well.

dk8594

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I am waiting for the movie

(though seriously never heard of either of them)

transcend2007

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
OP ... do you count calories ... do you use MyFitnessPal ... losing fat and getting fit is not rocket science ... it takes a basic understanding of your daily calorie expenditures and how many calories you are consuming daily ... would you mind sharing how you are managing these things directly ... ?

Uncle manny

Elite
Reaction score
2 different categories... what are you more interested in learning at the moment? Given the two categories and authors, I’d go with Brets Glute lab. He’s highly respected in the industry and definitely knows his shit. He is the glute guy for a reason!

xyokoma

Elite Lady Member
Reaction score
2 different categories... what are you more interested in learning at the moment? Given the two categories and authors, I’d go with Brets Glute lab. He’s highly respected in the industry and definitely knows his shit. He is the glute guy for a reason!

Thanks mate, was leaning towards Bret as well. Both books are pretty big and Bret's has 608 pages so I could only commit to one book for now. :32 (20):

xyokoma

Elite Lady Member
Reaction score
OP ... do you count calories ... do you use MyFitnessPal ... losing fat and getting fit is not rocket science ... it takes a basic understanding of your daily calorie expenditures and how many calories you are consuming daily ... would you mind sharing how you are managing these things directly ... ?

Im good with all those basics, more interested in broadening knowledge on human body nuances, reading some well picked studies with scientific data translated for dummies.:32 (20):

Reactions: Jin

dreamscraper

Reaction score
I like Contreras articles but I don't know about reading a whole glute book.
If you really want a lengthy read the 3rd edition of Zatsiorsky Science and Practice of Strength Training came out in April.

Even beyond that is Siff/Verkhoshansky Supertraining.

Those two books are like a lifetime of study and reading anything else seems like a waste of time to me. The amount of information in Supertraining is completely overwhelming.

xyokoma

Elite Lady Member
Reaction score
I like Contreras articles but I don't know about reading a whole glute book.
If you really want a lengthy read the 3rd edition of Zatsiorsky Science and Practice of Strength Training came out in April.

Even beyond that is Siff/Verkhoshansky Supertraining.

Those two books are like a lifetime of study and reading anything else seems like a waste of time to me. The amount of information in Supertraining is completely overwhelming.

Thanks for the suggestion mate, will check it out online. Now that we are going into a full lockdown again I might have enough time to read a few books. :32 (11):

New Threads