FNG intro

Reaction score
Hey all! Just a mid 30's dude trying to keep the dad bod at bay! I'm 5'7 and currently 170 lbs.. body fat in the high teens. Hoping to get in to the 180 to 185 range, and drop the b/f % in to the low teens..
Did a few cycles in my early 20's, and wasn't super smart about it. Planning on giving it a go again, and going about it a lot smarter! Biggest thing im wondering right now is do I start from square one, and start with a test only cycle, or if I blew the chance of that doing much in my earlier years. Can't wait to spend lots of time learning here, and thanks in advance for the accumulation of knowledge im sure to find!

Reaction score
Welcome to the Underground! There are a lot of experienced people here.

How long have you been lifting this time?

What does your training routine look like?

Reaction score
Only been back at it hard for 12 weeks. Planning on giving it at least another 12 before introducing any compounds (I'm sure the smartest thing would be wait even longer...)
Training routine:
Monday- chest/tri's
Tuesday-back/bi's
Wednesday-cardio
Thursday-shoulders
Friday-legs
Running 5 reps for 5 sets on all big compound lifts
8-12 reps for 3 sets on all concentrated lifts. Cardio usually consists of box jumps, and jump rope.
I also throw in some ab work a couple times a week.
Another thing probably worth noting is as far as nutrition goes I've been on a mostly animal based diet for the last year, which has helped in the body fat realm immensely. Probably need to start thinking of adding in more clean carbs now though..

Reaction score
Also worth noting:
The time frame from the early 20's till now hasn't been completely stagnate from lifting, just not as serious as its been the last 3 months.

wilkinkc

Reaction score
Welcome to the boards. Lots of great people here. There is a lot of good information around the site. Visit the different sections and read stickies and posts, odds are if you have a question about it, there is an existing thread about it somewhere.

bigbadjedi93

Reaction score
Welcome aboard. Lots of great guys on here with more knowledge than me. Post up your daily diet(macros) and workout regime and someone here will get your squared away.

Reaction score
Thanks for the warm welcome!!
I was taking a total guess when I stated my b/f % was in the high teens. Busted out the ol calipers last night, and I'm actually somewhere in the 12-13% range. Pretty stoked about that! Need to hit a bod pod in the near future, and see where im really at!

New Threads