Initial blood work

Reaction score
I’m 32 and just seen the doc for a general wellness visit. They did blood work and I asked to get my test levels checked for the first time. I wanted to get a baseline to be able to tell when my natural levels started to decline. Test came back today with the following.
rbc 5.08m/ul range 3.1-5.7
hct 46.9% range 42-52
Test 254 ng/dl range 199-1586
They didn’t run the estrogen levels or the free test levels.
I was informed that my test was on the low side of normal and my doc is looking to put me on trt. Unsure of the dose yet was given the option of cream or pin and I will go with the pin. I am assuming it will be around 200mg every two weeks from what little they explained to me over the phone. With the corona going on they dont do many in office consults but once I figure out their plan to treat i will update in thread. Couple questions I have I’ve read into trt a little cause I have had the feeling mine could be on the low side. I’ve seen where some prefer doing a smaller dose once every 5-7 days to prevent the high peaks and low valleys in between injections. What are y’all’s preference. I’m sure that once it begins they will do more labs with the estrogen levels and test levels to see how I respond if not I plan on getting my own bloods done with quest.

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
If they say 200mg of Cypionate every 2 weeks, ask them if 100mg per week is ok.

I would even tell them that you know many on TRT who all say the same thing.

white ape

Elite
Reaction score
Yeah I echo what CJ said. I started my TRT dose at 100mg per week. Keeps you nice and stable. We kept running bloods and ended up at 200mg per week.

Get that estrogen checked though. I got real emotional at one point and found out it was due to my estrogen getting high due to my test increasing. There are things you can take to keep your E in check IF NEEDED. Many people don't have any issues with estrogen while on TRT. I'm one of the few from what I hear.

Reaction score
Thanks for the input fellas. And yes for sure the plan is to get a full panel done to be able to stay on top of everything.

New Threads