Lets discuss Protein

Seeker

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
My protein sources are eggs, chicken, fish, ground beef, turkey breast, whey, tri tip, Greek yogurt.

Flyingdragon

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
For those who prefer ground beef, what do u mix it with? For instance I mix my ground turkey with rice or riced cauliflower.....

BigSwolePump

Elite
Reaction score
Chicken and turkey breast for me. I eat eggs occasionally but the amount of eggs that I eat and the amount of fat in them keeps me away from them for the most part.

DieYoungStrong

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Eggs, 90/10 ground beef, steak, greek yogurt, occasional whey shake, chicken, pork chops, ham and turkey breast. Probably have fish once or twice a month. I hate salmon.

I feel like I've eaten so much chicken the last 20 years I can barely stomach it anymore. I probably have chicken 3-4 times a week now instead of 2x a day.

BigSwolePump

Elite
Reaction score
Oh the add-on to your ground beef post, even it 93/7 there's still too much fat for me at 16 g of fat per 8 oz.

Seeker

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
For those who prefer ground beef, what do u mix it with? For instance I mix my ground turkey with rice or riced cauliflower.....

Ground beef and pasta. Mix in some onions, garlic, mushrooms and of course topped with pasta sauce.

joeyirish777

Reaction score
eggs, chicken, beef(usually filet mignon), and salmon

DieYoungStrong

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score

Same and will add some veggies and seasoning. Anything from taco seasoning to a little BBQ. Just enough to give it a little flavor. You can really put anything on it.

I do the same with cubed chicken, or ground turkey.

I like making "medley's" in tupperware and heating them up for meals in between breakfast and dinner that my hideous wife makes nightly.

NbleSavage

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Chicken in the Instant Pot has become my go-to protein source for most hot meals. When I'm cutting up a bit, its chicken breasts and when I'm less worried at staying very lean I'll mix breasts and thighs. I might mix in some lean ground beef or ground turkey once in a while just to keep things fresh, but if ye know the 1st thing about spices that Instant Pot can turn a boring dry chicken breast into something ye actually want to eat.

Eggs and greek yogurt in the morning, some steel cut oats ahead of either a physically demanding day on the job site or a heavy workout.

Kefir too is a great protein source thats not as commonly seen in the US but is very popular in Europe.

Flyingdragon

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I eat 6 eggs for a meal, 5 with the whites only and 1 full egg.....Cuts down on the fat.....

Chicken and turkey breast for me. I eat eggs occasionally but the amount of eggs that I eat and the amount of fat in them keeps me away from them for the most part.

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score

I use rice cooked in bone broth. I'll add butter if I need extra calories.

Wifey also makes Shepherd's Pie, it's dinner tonight actually. So that's beef, mashed potatoes, corn, and whatever else she feels like tossing in.

Taco Night too, so all the goodness that comes along with that, avocado, rice, seasoning and sauce, fresh cilantro, tomatoes.

Last edited:

Flyingdragon

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Sounds salty....I never add any salt to my food, only non salt seasonings.....I assume the bone broth is full of salt....

I use rice cooked in bone broth. I'll add butter if I need extra calories.

Wifey also makes Shepherd's Pie, it's dinner tonight actually. So that's beef, mashed potatoes, corn, and whatever else she feels like tossing in.

Taco Night too, so all the goodness that comes along with that, avocado, rice, seasoning and sauce, fresh cilantro, tomatoes.

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
Sounds salty....I never add any salt to my food, only non salt seasonings.....I assume the bone broth is full of salt....

Yeah, just looked. 570mg of sodium per cup of broth.

Doesn't taste overly salty though.

brock8282

Elite
Reaction score
I mostly eat chicken out of a slow cooker. Always shred it when it’s done. It’s just really convenient to be able to cook up 8pounds or so while I’m sleeping and have a big batch ready to go.

I still try to get some amount of beef in. Aldi here always had 96/4 ground beef for a really good price. So I’ll either have that with some rice and olive oil for extra healthy fats or lately I’ll do skirt steak with a side of diced potatoes.

I keep a lot of fish in the freezer for days when my cooked chicken runs out.

egg whites only when I’m dieting as egg whites and veggies is a lot of food volume.

Rgiles227

Reaction score
Eggs and chicken sausage every morning.

My staples are chicken breasts and thighs, ground beef and boneless short ribs, pork sirloin and baby back ribs, salmon, cod, and sardines, milk, string cheese and cottage cheese, and beef liver.

How do you cook your boneless short ribs?

BRICKS

Veteran
Reaction score
Ground turkey, cod, egg whites, whey. The pelmini I eat has chicken and beef in it. Buy about 25 lbs of ground turkey at a time at Costco and I get 10 lb boxes of 4 or 6 oz cod lions ordered in for me at our grocery store.

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
How do you cook your boneless short ribs?

I coat them in a cajun spice rub, sizzle them up in a cast iron pan with a little EVOO.

When I'm looking for some comfort food, I'll grab a halfway decent looking mac&cheese, and mix some cubed short rib in with it, including the drained fat. :32 (16):

bigdog

Elite
Reaction score
Eggs, chicken and beef for me. I do fish occasionally. I like jasmine rice with ground beef and spinach or squash. I do 96% ground beef i get from a butcher shop.

Robdjents

Ski bum
Reaction score
I've been smoking a turkey about once a week
Sirloin and ground beef and eggs...sometimes chicken

New Threads