Another Newbie

Reaction score
Whats up guys, new here. I'm 38, soon to be 39 and have been working out consistently for a couple years now but off and on since high school. Starting to hit plateaus so thought I would join and start researching and reading posts on here to help find ways to improve what I've been doing. I'll most likely spend more time in the beginning just reading previous threads. This past year I've started TRT and have seen decent gains and overall feel better, I'm still trying to dial in my diet but consistency there has been a big issue for me with that. Looking forward to meeting everyone.

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
Welcome to the Underground.

happy you made it here.

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
Welcome to the crew Bevo.

Figure out what triggers your diet inconsistencies, and nip that in the bud. We can help you, we're fullnof experience and good ideas.

Reaction score
2 things affect it. One my job, in medical sales I have not found a good solution for set meals and counting macros. Second is staying on my meal prep. Sometimes family life makes it really hard to get all my weakly meal prep done.

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
2 things affect it. One my job, in medical sales I have not found a good solution for set meals and counting macros. Second is staying on my meal prep. Sometimes family life makes it really hard to get all my weakly meal prep done.

The 2nd contributes to the 1st. Get your meal prep down, you'll have your work meals. Even if you eat in your car, there's lunch bags that plug into your power port and heat up your food. I use it for work myself, they're well worth the expense, which you could probably write off. :32 (17):

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
Welcome to UG! Yeah meal prep is the make or break in sustaining a good diet.

Reaction score
It was easier when I worked in the office and could bring all my food. My schedule is very chaotic. I may get a call at 10am from a Dr asking me to be in the OR in 30 minutes for a case. Case may run 2 hours or 6 hours. Can't just walk out to get a bite to eat. Wife is in same scenario but she travels. Still working on learning different foods and what the macros are so I can sub last minute meals and still be close to my diet plan that I prep. I agree with ya'll though, going to the gym is the easier part, diet has proven much more difficult. I wasn't aware of the lunch bags that plug into the car to heat up. May have to look into it.

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
It was easier when I worked in the office and could bring all my food. My schedule is very chaotic. I may get a call at 10am from a Dr asking me to be in the OR in 30 minutes for a case. Case may run 2 hours or 6 hours. Can't just walk out to get a bite to eat. Wife is in same scenario but she travels. Still working on learning different foods and what the macros are so I can sub last minute meals and still be close to my diet plan that I prep. I agree with ya'll though, going to the gym is the easier part, diet has proven much more difficult. I wasn't aware of the lunch bags that plug into the car to heat up. May have to look into it.

Really quick and easy option, keep a couple of shaker bottles handy with a scoop of protein powder already in them. You get the call, add done milk to that shaker bottle and drink it on the road. If you don't like milk, just add water instead and grab a piece of fruit to pair with it. Better than nothing.

The heated lunch bags, search Hot Logic heated lunch bags on Amazon, you'll see them. Glass Pyrex containers work great in them, you can use plastic also, they won't melt. Takes about an hour and your meal is hot.

creekrat

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Underground! Plenty of dudes to help you out around these parts

lfod14

Reaction score
Welcome man! Meal prep is definitely the key. I'm a truck driver, I'm a city driver so I'm home every night but "normal" meals just ain't happening. I typically eat everything cold because it's easier but still tastes awesome and makes dialing everything in as easy as it gets. With winter coming LOT of Chili in the thermos for me! protein made easy! Use something like cronometer to track your macros.

HollyWoodCole

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Underground.

Looks like the guys are already working on helping you out.

DEADlifter

Elite
Reaction score
Welcome to the Underground. Like Ifod said above, I use the Cronometer app. A lot of the guys here like Myfitnesspal.

Very few times have I had to manually put a food into Cronometer. Most things pop up quickly in the search.

For meal prep, Most days I eat cold wraps right out of my lunch bag. Grilled chicken, onions, tomatoes, cheese and lite ceasar dressing. It takes me about 10 minutes in the evening to make them up. Obviously you have to cook enough chicken for the week, but the rest is easy.

Reaction score
Welcome man! Meal prep is definitely the key. I'm a truck driver, I'm a city driver so I'm home every night but "normal" meals just ain't happening. I typically eat everything cold because it's easier but still tastes awesome and makes dialing everything in as easy as it gets. With winter coming LOT of Chili in the thermos for me! protein made easy! Use something like cronometer to track your macros.

I'll try cronometer, been using myfitnesspal. Its a PITA

Reaction score
Welcome to the Underground. Like Ifod said above, I use the Cronometer app. A lot of the guys here like Myfitnesspal.

Very few times have I had to manually put a food into Cronometer. Most things pop up quickly in the search.

For meal prep, Most days I eat cold wraps right out of my lunch bag. Grilled chicken, onions, tomatoes, cheese and lite ceasar dressing. It takes me about 10 minutes in the evening to make them up. Obviously you have to cook enough chicken for the week, but the rest is easy.

Never thought about cold wraps. Just got a new grill so I've been cooking everyday. Most likely not healthy but good.

HollyWoodCole

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score

I like the sound of those wraps DL.

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
Cook in bulk, get a crock pot.